Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Would You Do If You Won The Lottery?

Castle Bleck

Give part of my winnings to my family--including my extended family--maybe donate some to worthwhile charities, and keep the rest to myself for future endeavours.

I would split it evenly among my immediate family members. Then I would assess all the aspirations carefully (a quick trip to Hawaii to clear the head for this purpose would be useful). :grin: I would try to build something permanent; a modest but creatively self-designed house or business that all my family could benefit from. I'd like to give as much as I could to charities like Worldvision, Nothingbutnets.net and Make-A-Wish, because everyone deserves the basics of life and a dream of their own. And finally I'd travel, and travel, and travel. :o

I wouldn't spend a lot on toys, as much as I love them, because I already have a lot and more plastic trinkets don't ultimately bring the happiness and fulfillment I'm seeking. :twi:

Come to think of it I would like a decent car, nothing fancy, that I could depend on. Technically that isn't a toy, but I guess it just depends on who you ask. :rarity:     

Depends on how much money it is. I'd give a good amount to my closest family members so they can be each financially stable. Then I'd use the rest to get a better job and perhaps buy a house.

Edited by Confetti Nova

Hire a team of lawyers to make sure the money is properly transferred, invested, managed and accounted for. 

Then I'd Invest 80%. into mutual funds and banks. Start living off the interest. Of course this is if I win over $5 million. Less than that and I'll probably sock half of it into my Roth IRA over the years (due to the $5000 limit on annual transactions). Then blow the rest on stuff like kick starter projects, giant pony plushies, a fursuit or two, animal shelters (screw PETA & the ASPCA), rare band memorabilia, and rides/airfare/hotels to concerts and sports events.  Oh and conventions too. 

Edited by Denim&Venom

If I won the lottery, I would donate a good amount to a charity of my choice. I would use an amount to pay any debt or bills, travel, and purchase other materialistic things that I have desired. 

I would disappear. Not that I'd leave the country or anything but I'd find myself a good, secure condo or apartment (screw having a house, that shit's expensive) and only leave for groceries and video games.

I could budget that shit out to where I never run out of money and still get everything I want.

It also depends on whether I win the one to two million from the Lotto or the several hundred millions from the Powerball though. If it wasn't feasible to disappear forever I'd just get a part time job so I still had a job history. Going ten years with no job history would make it impossible to get a job in the future.

I would first maybe donate some to a charity, then I would love to move out to the countryside in Kentucky, own a ranch with horses, lots and lots of horses! I would also get myself a Dodge Challenger and Charger SRT, a Dodge Ram truck and probably go to the Daytona 500 every year and at the same time vacation in Florida too. I would also take trips to theme parks, like Great America, and water parks every summer like the one's at Wisconsin Dells.  :squee:

Depending on how much money it is:

1. Retire! Never ever ever punch a clock and obey some a-hole supervisor again.

2. Let my parents retire, pay off their house.

3. Set aside money for my nieces and nephew.

4. Give money to others in the family.

5. Buy a nice big house and fill it with cool stuff.

6. Travel a lot.

7. Even more extravagant rich people stuff.

Split it between me and my boyfriend. I'd just buy a few technological nessessities then save my half up.

From what I have heard it often ruins people's lives more often than it "saves" them or makes their life better. If friends or (sometimes) family finds out, there can be a great deal of envy which inevitability leads downhill. This is not the case in every instance of course, but it does happen quite a bit and overall I think having that amount of money so suddenly brings more trouble that it is worth (literally).

I still think I'll risk it.

Being honest the first thing I would do, before anything else is pee myself. Why? Come on, I just won the lottery.

Beyond that I would move somewhere warm and tropical while using the remainder to upkeep my life style.

Honestly I probably wouldn't donate money to charity as I don't really believe in it.

Give a man to fish and you feed him for a day, don't take him fishing and you feed yourself. He's a grown man and fishing's not that hard.-Ron Swanson 2012 

ws19v7.jpg

(edited)

Fifth:

I'd buy-out IDW; officially declare The Good, The Bad, And The Ponies and The Root Of The Problem noncanon; retcon away all the secondary antagonists in Siege Of The Crystal Empire; and force a complete rewrite for the final issue of Chaos Theory.

Edited by Anti-Villain