Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many times have you moved?

zerox

Born in San Diego. Moved three times within the city. Lived there about 6 years.

Then we moved to Barrow, Alaska. Moved into a duplex. Then onto the Illasavik college campus, where we moved 'houses' twice. That whole arrangement lasted about 2 years

After that we relocated further south below the arctic circle to Palmer. Rented a big house out in the sticks. Great house. My family's favorite. But then the owners wanted it back bad so they evicted us. Moved to a minimalist suburb home. Our least favorite. Between those two it was another two years. 

After that we hauled ass all the way to Milwaukee, WI. Well technically the town of Brookfield within the Milwaukee metro. Lived in a hotel for a week. That was rats nest. Bumped up to a nicer apartment/inn deal. That lasted a month, before finally moving to the house I'm presently in now. 

Lets find out...

• Born in Torrance Beach, CA
  • Moved to Mechanicsville, VA
  • Moved to Fort Stewart, GA
  • Moved to Ahwatukee, AZ (I consider this my home town)
  • Moved to Mesa, AZ
  • Moved to Litchfield Park, AZ
  • Moved to Avondale, AZ
  • Moved to Surprise, AZ
  • Moved to (My Current City), AZ

So I moved 9 times in the last nearly 20 years. Well technically 10 times cause I did move into another house while in Ahwatukee. 

Let me count the number of times off the top of my head...

I've moved a total of seven times.

1. From Sidcup, London, England to Tunbridge Wells, England.
  2. From Tunbridge Wells to Calgary, Canada.
  3. From Calgary to Chiselhurst, London, England.
  4. From Chiselhurst to Calgary
  5. From Calgary to Calgary - moved to a different part of the city.
  6. From Calgary to Calgary - moved to a different part of the city.
  7. From Calgary to West Kelowna.

I was born in Ukraine, and we moved to Israel when I was not even a year old. We moved three times and then settled when I was 4 or 5 (can't honestly remember). I met my now-fiancee almost 4 years ago, and we moved in together 2 years ago. Last summer we moved out because because of my job, and we're planning on moving out again after we get married.

Hmm... I have moved a total of... 4 times... Okay 5 I guess. One move I don't remember cause I was a little colt at 1 years old.

I was born in Louisiana, In 1992, and lived there for a little over a year, when I didn't have a memory yet. And my parents moved out to Aurora, Colorado in 1994. I remember that house in Aurora, and I visited it a bunch of times driving outside of it multiple times before moving down where I am.

Then before 2nd grade, I moved to Bailey, a small town in the Rocky Mountains, About 60 miles from Fairplay, which is the town the famous show "South Park" that you all know of is based off, and I was in the same county, but I was about 40 miles southwest of Denver. Quite a drive to get into city but we did live in a nice place, though my parents find it a mistake to live there, that house was kinda meh, and we were lucky to sell it.

Then we moved to Highlands Ranch in 2013, June 2013, I believe. And lived there until Spetember 2015, when we moved to the northern part of Arkansas, because my dad missed the southern lakes and wanted to be closer to my mother's family as she has good bonds with them. but they didn't want to move back to Louisiana, so my uncle moved to this area from Ft. Collins Colorado prior to us, and had a vacation shack for a while before he actually moved, my dad liked the area, so we built a house and lived in a rent house for a year, so. In September of last year we officially moved into the new house on the lake. I am still 15 miles away from Missouri so. So I guess you would say I moved 5 times, counting the move from the temp rent house while this house was getting built to this house.

I don't know how many times I moved before I was 7. My biological father was in the army. (My mom and him got a divorce when I was 6. She remarried when I was 7 to the man I now call dad)

Since I was 7, I've lived in the same town, but it is a very large town. I've moved within this town 3 times.

Only once. That's when I moved from California to Minnesota. My dad got a new job in Minnesota when I was ten, so we had no choice but to move. It was sad for me because I had to leave behind a lot of my friends, some family, the Dodgers, and my hometown. It hurt pretty bad, but then a boy in my homeroom class 2/3 my size came and took away all the pain I was feeling, and now 12 years later he and I are both older, and in two months he'll be my husband..

Me and my family moved twice in my life. I was born, then we moved house when I was one (which I didn't about until my parents told me years later) then we moved house again when I was 11 (I was rather sad at the time).

I lines wouldn't be surprised if we moved again when I'm 21, just to keep the pattern going.

• 1 month later...
(edited)

I was born in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire but lived in Gamlingay, Cambridgeshire for the first 4 years of my life. My dad is a diplomat so after Gamlingay we moved to Maseru in Lesotho (small country entirely within the borders of South Africa) we lived there for 3 years then moved back to the UK where we lived in Clophill, Bedfordshire with my granny for a year while we looked for a house, we then rented a bungalow in Ampthill, Bedfordshire before buying our own house in the same town a couple of years later. This is where my parents still live and where I technically live but I started uni so I live in Lincoln, Lincolnshire most of the time now where I lived in student halls for a year and in a couple of months I'm going to move into a house in the city with some friends. So I've moved around quite a lot in my 19 years of living :) 

Edited by Battenberg

I believe I've only moved once. I know my parents had another house a long time ago, I think they moved before I was born, but I could be remembering wrong. I doubt it, though.

Last year I moved for what I believe is the first time, to a town around an hour away from home. So I'm still in the South. >.<

(edited)

In all my almost 27 years of life, I never moved anywhere. And given how hard it is to find your own place these days, I admit that I am still at my folk's place. But as long as I'm pulling my own weight by cleaning and working around the house, I can stay!

Edited by WiiGuy2014

Compared to most people I haven't moved around a lot for most of my life I lived in New Mexico, and most of that was in the town I was born and raised in!

I moved to Arkansas briefly, then back to NM, and now have been in TX for I believe five years or so. So I've lived in three different states. I have lived at a few different address in New Mexico and around the same area.

ohh interesting question. never left the country but Ive lived in a few different counties. 

Growing up in Taunton, we moved house 3 times, I moved to Plymouth and moved house once whilst living in that city (5 times counting so far), I then moved back home to Taunton with my parents then moved into my own place (7), then everything went downhill and I moved in with my ex in Hampshire, then that all fell apart and I moved in with Denz who was in Surrey, then we got a place back in Taunton.... so thats 10 times Ive moved house? 8 of those times are within the last 10 years. 

None, been in the same house my entire life ay;)

Several times. Moved some when my mother got a divorce, and when she got married again. Then moved more when she was job hopping.

I'd like to move out of the house I'm currently in, and into a more permanent place.

(edited)

In terms of just moving between states - 4 times, I was born in Ohio, family moved to Kentucky when I was 4, then we temporarily moved to Connecticut when I was 6, moved back to Kentucky and my family moved to Colorado when I was 10.

But between moving houses, I lived in three houses while in Ohio (in just the first four years of my life jeez), and then just lived in one while in Kentucky and just one in Connecticut before moving back to the same house in Kentucky less than a year later, and then after moving to Colorado I ended up moving to one house we rented for a year a half, then we moved to a condo before my parents pulled the trigger and bought a house in early 2014 (actually not long before I joined the site), so including all that would make it 7 times, give or take.

Edited by SuperMEIBrony

I've moved twice, I was born and grew up in Western Sydney (won't tell you the places because of personal reasons.) and it wasn't until 2009 that I've moved to my then new house, I will admit that I did not want to move to the new place because I was so used to the old house back then but I was young so I didn't know any better, I was further away from school but that was fixed by having a bus that goes to my school, I moved again to my current place in Brisbane in 2010 when my parents had new jobs. Being in a new state and school seemed new to me but over time I sort of got the hang of living there, so yeah.