Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general If you could make your own new tv show what would it be?

DragonKing235

Okay, bear with me here...

It would appear to be just a typical sitcom at first - centered around what appears to be a kind but somewhat nervous guy, who might take some guff from life, but he tends to be resilient and humble about it.  However, at one point in the story, one of the other characters asks him about playing "The Game", which is where this show ends up being different...

The aforementioned protagonist runs a 'diceless game' that many of his friends and neighbors are involved in, in some manner - usually with their own characters.  The show is shot in live-action, but when they begin to 'game', the show turns to animation, where the scenes played through are turned into a cartoon for the audience's visual pleasure, with folks voicing their own characters, while the protagonist voices all the rest (would need a decent VA for the lead).

Usually, the 'game' sequence would have something to do with whatever dilemma has occurred in the live-action portion (usually by situational reinterpretation), and the actions taken during the animated portion would help the character in question find a solution to their issue.  And for that reason, the protagonist would be important to the other folks involved; playing the wise sage by simply being a DAMN good GM.

Well... whaddya think?

• Brohoof 2

sounds great I would make a story about it

10 hours ago, Techno Universal said:

Well it would probably be like a cyberpunk/futuristic reboot of MLP G4 called The mech behind us. :)

sounds awesome that would bee cool too watch

I don't know "originally"  but I would like to write a new series for Kaman Rider or Super Sentai. 

• Brohoof 1

I'd make it the most offensive comedy show in existence. Nothing is off the table: Disabled people. Muslims. Christians. Atheists. Hitler. Stalin. Lenin. Marx. Progressives. Regressives. Liberals. Murder. Child rape. Genocide. You name it.

And I would donate 100% of the income that is not needed for running the show to orphanages, trauma centers, emergency rooms, homeless shelters, local police departments, a common fund to give those in dire need the psychologist/psychiatrist they need, you name it. 

Some of the jokes would probably be too obscene for some people. But the jokes themselves are used as a means to put emphasis on all the shit that is wrong with the world, and needs fixing.

• Brohoof 2

I would finally make the goddamn live-action Gone series that I've been waiting for! Or The Enemy. I was originally going to say Chaos Walking, but that's already going to be a movie.

Okay, pretty much any live-action adaptation of books I read freshman year.

• Brohoof 1

I actually want to make a comic about this: Basically it's a mix of Game of Thrones and The Witcher.  It follows this prince that his whole family is killed and he pretty much just runs around gaining allies and getting hunted at the same time.  My skills as an artist, I feel, aren't up to snuff to actually draw this out and I don't think my writing skills are all that good either but it is something I would like to do at some point.

• Brohoof 1

After recently learning about the failed TF2 Adult Swim show, I'd put my resources towards getting that started. If not, I would probably make either an anthology horror series or a ghost hunting program, just so I had an excuse to visit a bunch of spooky locations.

• Brohoof 1

A creepypasta show! D: where creepypasta stories,are turned into scary animated cartoons for people who are into horrors daily! OwO

Welcome to the Creepypasta Fanclub! X'D

Edited by Princess Moony
  • Brohoof 2

I would make a cartoon on CN that DOESN'T SUCK. I actually have a bunch of cartoons in writing right now actually. The one I would love to come to life the most is called School Morons. I won't post a huge comment about it but its a witty comedy/slice of life show about four girls that come from completely different life styles. Jack is the punk-ish hardass sarcastic girl, Naddie is the shy and anxiety ridden girl, Mashel the hippie and animal lover girl, last there is Amanda the writer/reader and up-tight girl. They are all friends despite their massive differences.   

Edited by PuddingPonyPal
misspell
  • Brohoof 1

• 11 months later...

Baking with Pinkie Pie, on late night HBO. Basically, a cooking show/comedy with Pinkie Pie and her guests. There would be crude, offensive humor and language. :sneer:

Ha ha, I know, it sounds kinda corny. ^_^

I'd make a Cartoon series called 'Salads to Hell'. It would take place in an alternate universe, where everything is wacky and bizzare things are the norm. It would star a guy named Joe Tumbleburg and the villains would be members of an intergalactic species known as the Roufmof. 

Edited by Cash In

I have an idea that's been in my files for a while now, but it seems @Randimaxis is on the exact same wavelength. 

So here's my idea, which is uncannily similar:

It's a live action sitcom that takes place at an animation studio, in which the cast of characters (animators, writers, producers and their friends) work to complete a seven minute cartoon in the first two acts (a different cartoon in each episode). The cartoon and characters they produce (which are alter egos of the live action cast) will reflect and ultimately solve the problems set up in the first two acts of the show, with the completed cartoon they've made taking up the final act. The animation style used for each character befits their own personality, with some being designed and drawn better than others by intention. 

Among the characters are:

The Producer, a badly drawn businessman obsessed with generic storytelling, crude humor and an eye firmly fixed on the bottom line, with little regard for the quality of the work.

The Nerdy Animator who's shy and awkward in real life but expresses his confident, romantic and heroic side through his art.

The Girl who provides the writing for the show. She's the unsung heroine who observes, plots and solves problems by providing the answers through her writing. As the others see the wisdom in her work, they take her cues to do what's necessary to assure a happy ending. She provides a romantic female character who's attracted to the Nerdy Animator's male lead in the cartoons they make.

The Director is a reserved, quiet man who, though seemingly stuffy on the outside, is a manic cartoon on the inside. He provides the raw visual humor that elevates the cartoons they make through visual impact and broad strokes of humor. 

The Voice Actress is pure comedy relief, providing the often sarcastic and brutally honest truth whether anyone wants to hear it spoken or not. 

This is just a sample of the general outline of the show, but you get the idea. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit

It would be more than likely a story-driven scif-fi/action/drama series centered around post-apocalyptic America that would take place in a timeline where the Soviets nuked the United States in the wake of the Cuban Missile Crisis... :P It would more than likely center on one survivor's journey through the wasteland, and the internal struggle between the need for survival and the very concept of morality. It would more than likely be rated TV-M due to the graphic nature it would take on.