PathfinderCS

As the sun sets, so the rose blooms...

Recommended Posts

"And so the Warrior of Ash rises from her tomb to find the forums in need of some guidance. Beset with her trusty glasses, keen know-how, and experiences in Lodran & Lothric (she can't seem to recall Drangleic too well, huh...), she now seeks to do what she can to bring about peace and order...or maybe cause more mayhem for admin, who knows?"

Okay, Dark Souls silliness aside, I would like to take this time to announce the arrival of a new staffer to our ranks; @Sunset Rose! A person of great quality with a keen eye, wonderful temperament, and mature mindset, she will be joining the team of Beyond Equestria; which will include the dark dungeons of the Debate Pit! Much kudos to her for volunteering.

As such, as there isn't much else to add, please do welcome her as she will be a much appreciated addition to our ranks of sectional mods. :)

  • Brohoof 16
  • Thanks 1
  • yay 3
  • Smiley 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations on becoming staff, Sunset Rose! 

  • Brohoof 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow; really? :o I wasn't aware that she as considering becoming a staff member! That's great to hear~! :grin:

Good luck in your new position, Rosie~! :catface:

  • Brohoof 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on the promotion. Good luck. 

 

You're gonna need it. 

  • Brohoof 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*when I read this announcement*

tumblr_omqfylprhi1uipielo3_r1_500.png

In all seriousness, welcome to the Poniverse team, Sunset Rose!  You've always seemed very friendly, polite, and pleasant to engage with, and I imagine you will be a valuable and beneficial member of our staff.  Best of luck, and feel free to ask any of us staffers any questions you may have! :muffins:

  • Brohoof 6
  • Teacup 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats! Enjoy the wild ride that is MLP Forums staff. 

  • Brohoof 4
  • Teacup 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations with thy promotion, @Sunset Rose! I wish thee to have it lightly, despite the Debate Pit *winks*

  • Brohoof 3
  • Teacup 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats Sunset Rose!

 

You have ascended to the Rank of Staff, and now will be granted the holy grail :P

Pinkie, where did the holy grail go?

  • Brohoof 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for all of your support and encouragement, @Path! We have a lot of work to do but I'm glad you'll be there with me for it. ^ ^

And a big thank you to everyone for their congratulations and for their participation here on the forums! This is a place of great intrigue and positivity for me, so it is nothing short of a pleasure to offer my service in taking care of it. With so many wonderful ponies leaving the staff as of late this feels almost bittersweet, but I will do my best to live up to their example and help MLPF step through whatever comes this way.

See you all around.~

<3

  • Brohoof 15
  • Teacup 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations Sunset Rose! :yay:

I hope it will be a fun and pleasant adventure for you! :pinkie: 

Happy to see the staff getting more members. :) 

  • Brohoof 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Nice job on that promotion @Sunset Rose, hopefully you'll flourish in your new position! 

Good luck with what's ahead of you, you'll do great ;)

Edited by King of Canterlot
  • Brohoof 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good job on the promotion. Im sure youll do great! @Sunset Rose

However monitoring the debate pit show you have some pretty strong guts to monitor a section that "unpleasent"

  • Brohoof 2
  • Teacup 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sylveon said:

Good job on the promotion. Im sure youll do great! @Sunset Rose

However monitoring the debate pit show you have some pretty strong guts to monitor a section that "unpleasent"

It's never sat well with me how people view the debate pit. I don't like the notion that it's seen as where all the hate and spitefullness goes. I enjoy debate, and even here some people have managed to change my mind on a lot of topics with that whereas polite conversation may not have had quite the impact. Everyone's perspective is valuable to me, and I will be working very hard to try and fix the debate pit's reputation.

  • Brohoof 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

It's never sat well with me how people view the debate pit. I don't like the notion that it's seen as where all the hate and spitefullness goes. I enjoy debate, and even here some people have managed to change my mind on a lot of topics with that whereas polite conversation may not have had quite the impact. Everyone's perspective is valuable to me, and I will be working very hard to try and fix the debate pit's reputation.

it mainly has to do with how devicive politics is. while the staff can keep it under wraps, in this day and age, where emotions run high, having a civil debate is next to impossible in the hunger games est activity that is american politics. If twitter and disqus (off site i used to use) can provide any indiciation, politics is a nasty afair. While i reward you for working hard and trying to.make the debate pit less ugh, in a world where just simply mentioning who you would support raises hell, it will not be an easy task.

  • Brohoof 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have taken upon a mantle of responsibility for here. Treat that mantle with great wisdom. 

I wish you the best of lucks with the tasks ahead of you. They won't be easy, but they won't be hard either. You got a whole team behind your back. Be sure to tap into that invaluable source. 

  • Brohoof 3
  • Smiley 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sylveon said:

it mainly has to do with how devicive politics is. while the staff can keep it under wraps, in this day and age, where emotions run high, having a civil debate is next to impossible in the hunger games est activity that is american politics. If twitter and disqus (off site i used to use) can provide any indiciation, politics is a nasty afair. While i reward you for working hard and trying to.make the debate pit less ugh, in a world where just simply mentioning who you would support raises hell, it will not be an easy task.

Pessimism doesn't help. ;)

The misunderstandings and standoffish behavior are precisely the reason the debate pit is necessary. There's nothing wrong with having a very strong opinion or with a debate being heated, but it only gets bad when we go in there with every intention to speak and no intention to listen. Psychologically we are hardwired to stand behind a team, but we find common ground in the passion of an opposing side. Prior to the debate pit there were several members who I viewed as simply hateful or malicious, but the debate pit also helped me understand their pain as well.

I understand the difficulty, but like I told Pathfinder, I have confidence in spades. The right person is on the job!

 

3 minutes ago, JonasDarkmane said:

You have taken upon a mantle of responsibility for here. Treat that mantle with great wisdom. 

I wish you the best of lucks with the tasks ahead of you. They won't be easy, but they won't be hard either. You got a whole team behind your back. Be sure to tap into that invaluable source. 

There are several really awesome retirees I've gotten to know who I'm sure I can talk to as well. ;)

  • Brohoof 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

Pessimism doesn't help. ;)

The misunderstandings and standoffish behavior are precisely the reason the debate pit is necessary. There's nothing wrong with having a very strong opinion or with a debate being heated, but it only gets bad when we go in there with every intention to speak and no intention to listen. Psychologically we are hardwired to stand behind a team, but we find common ground in the passion of an opposing side. Prior to the debate pit there were several members who I viewed as simply hateful or malicious, but the debate pit also helped me understand their pain as well.

I understand the difficulty, but like I told Pathfinder, I have confidence in spades. The right person is on the job!

 

There are several really awesome retirees I've gotten to know who I'm sure I can talk to as well. ;)

Well, we could use a unifying light in a partisan world, and if youre going to supply it. I welcome it. Congratulations on the jov.

  • Brohoof 1
  • Thanks 1
  • yay 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to thee, amiga! :catface:

  • Brohoof 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on being a staffer here on the forums, in charge of the place that is the Debate Pit! :P It gets a little heated down there, but I'm sure that can't and won't stop you. :lol: I hope you enjoy being a staff on here as long as you are one. :squee: Good luck, @Sunset Rose

  • Brohoof 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recognize @Sunset Rose and her OC. @PathfinderCS commissioned me to draw her and is together before. (I got permission to post this here)

5a172767d078f_ForPathFinderCSmlpforumSunsetRoseanddeer-sonareadingonanairshippier.thumb.jpg.dfcf1ce49219b536c5fbea012c2f7d87.jpg

(Some of it here is a little different than what I do now, but this is from several months ago.)

Also, congratulations to @Sunset Rose for her promotion!

  • Brohoof 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Join the herd!

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.