• Pride
    • Lust
    • Wrath
    • Sloth
    • Glottony
    • Greed
    • Envy

Pride and Greed.

I can be a bit wrapped up in my own universe at times and so I figure that constitutes pride. And to be honest I am proud of certain things, whether I make a big deal out of them or not (which can go 50/50). 

Greed is something I have mostly gotten under control but it still rears its head on occasion. Overcoming these things aren't a one-time deal but a continuous lifelong battle to perfect the mind and soul. So I'm just going to keep my mind and soul out of the toy aisle whenever I'm at the store for the rest of my life.  

• Brohoof 1

Lust, Wrath and Envy are mine. I have a temperamental disposition, hence the wrath. I often think others get things I feel I deserve and work harder for, hence Envy. I have difficulty at times controlling certain passions, hence Lust.

• Brohoof 1

Mainly sloth and envy. These days I just have no motivation to do anything, which makes me lazy, but also taps into my envious side.

• Brohoof 1

Hmph. You Young Ones. 

I suppose, yes, keep a topic light-hearted for casual sake. But... My Dears...

It's not a Sin if it isn't devouring entirely! Think of a Sin like emotion ran amok! Some anger is good! It encourages you onward! But when revenge is all you think about, where it gets in the way of everything else, where even others see it as a personality trait of yours, where the Wrath consumes you... then it's a Sin.

Why they were penned to begin with: the Church saw these as things as hurdles to being a Good Christian, a spiritually whole being, the unavoidable Failings of the Flesh. 

In short, if you HAD a problem with Pride... you wouldn't have clicked on this thread to begin with, eh? You can't have several Sins; that would diminish the big one.

I could go into detail, but I'll just cover what I'm... good at.

I'm Greedy. But it's not greedy or bad just because you have a few collections or hoards. No, it's Greed when you take for the sake of taking. When you crack wise about stealing someone's food... and stuff it in your mouth before they can say anything else. When you walk off with a kid's toy because "They just left it out to break! I'll take better care of it... they won't even care that it's gone.."

Greed is brother to Gluttony. Gluttony is taking more than you need. Not necessarily food... though eating is just so much fun in my opinion! As I joke, I don't get Full, I get Sick! But excessive Want is to be expected if Loss was always present in your past. You'd grow up to be a miser too, if all you heard from your parents was how tight the budget was & whose fault that was.

No... my biggest failing... is Sloth. The Refusal to Grow.

Knowing exactly what would be best & healthiest for yourself... and intentionally avoiding it because you just don't want to deal with anything more. Procrastinating is one thing, doing nothing at all because of all the things you have yet to do... is Sloth. And Sloth is terrifying. 

I can see all the steps I need to take to take the steps to step on the steps I do need to take... and I lose all energy to walk. I know I'm perfectly capable of standing all day at attention, yet my natural position is a slow crumple. Had days where just breathing was taxing enough. Sloth... is a case of too much Fear... being too tired to even try...

*cough*

...like going on an overly philosophical ramble just so I don't have to keep job hunting... when I'm really the only pressure there, Heh... 

...Cough.

I’d say 70% Envy and 30% Sloth so I choose both. For the most part I envy people a lot since obviously I lack qualities, characteristics, traits, talents that many people have.

I’m basically a weakling (both inside and outside) and envy both body builders and intellectual/wise/spiritual people.

Envy and sloth, and these two support each other perfectly. 

I envy people for having thing or experiences I don't, but at the same time I'am too lazy to put the effort into getting these things lol.

I mean I get stuff done, it's just not the stuff I should get done.ĺ

3 hours ago, Thorgir the Mighty said:

None,I’m quite in control of my life

Huh? Color me intrigued. Does this mean you’re a saint now and have mastered the 7 Virtues? :muffins:

Personally I don’t think this Temporary state of being called Life cares what Humanity thinks making it neither fair nor unfair. So I expect the unexpected. :derp:

1 minute ago, ZethaPonderer said:

Huh? Color me intrigued. Does this mean you’re a saint now and have mastered the 7 Virtues? :muffins:

Personally I don’t think this Temporary state of being called Life cares what Humanity thinks making it neither fair nor unfair. So I expect the unexpected. :derp:

I guess so. My personality isn’t really any of those sins

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sloth by a mile. I'll be the first to admit that my laziness and habit of not caring about anything even when I should is my largest personality flaw. Not only am I just extremely unwilling to do any kind of work-related activity, but whenever I am presented with a problem, big or small that I cannot be bothered to contend with, I just kind of slack off and attempt ignore it until it goes away, which usually just results in me digging a massive hole for myself, as well as for anyone else involved in the issue.:rarity:

I think we all have been faced with every single one of these issues. But since this is listing only the ones that are more prominent to ourselves, that is what I will do here.

I would say envy is probably the biggest one for me. I'm from a lower middle-class family who is living in an area that is comprised almost entirely of some high middle-class people to a lot high-class people. Put in simpler words: A person who is just making it day to day in a city full of filthy rich people. I struggle a lot with seeing other people with more stuff than I have, and better stuff than I have. This also plays into being excluded from most friend groups because I don't have as high of a social standing or reputation as they do, and this makes me envious as well. This can also lead to moderate levels of anger (wrath). I actually think these two go hand in hand a lot of the time. I am sometimes slothful in certain things, but not with things that I care a lot about, so that's not as big of an issue.

• 3 years later...

I would say envy then come after wrath. I try not to be but sometime it just come up unconsciously. 

• 2 months later...
(edited)

I’m far from being perfect or even a good person. I commit each of the seven deadly sins on a fairly regular basis, but the one that has the worst impact on my life (or at least my mental health) is sloth. 

I can’t find the motivation to do anything so I just lie down in bed all day and post on forums using a tablet. Somehow my brain doesn’t register this as being a huge waste of time, but I start getting really anxious if I actually try to do something that’s productive like working on my artwork or fanfics or even dabbling in game development. 

Edited by Moonydrop
Length, Wording and Formatting

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I am fit to all . 

TRUST ME!!! 

I am really I mean really arrogant and I never do my work on time due to my laziness. Sometimes I become too greedy. I become wild when there's food in front of me. I am a bit short tempered sometimes and I have desire to be most important and awesome of all to fulfill my ego so whenever I see that someone is better than me in anything it makes me jealous of that person. And I am not going to talk about lust, but it is my 3rd dominant sinful trait after pride and sloth. 

The only good thing in me is I am curious, helpful and honest, I mean brutally honest. 

So maybe that's why I am popular among my friends despite of being such sinful because of my positive aspects. 

So this makes me question can devil be also good? 🙂

Edited by Mlpfan23