Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you consider yourself sensitive/strong?

Luna's Admirer

This is a self-explainatry topic. Do you consider yourself sensitive/strong? And why?

For me, I think it depends on situations. There are some situations in which I feel like I can stand anything and there are some others in which I feel like the most fragile person in the world.

I am afraid to admit this but I think I am more on sensitive side. I have little bit confident issues so maybe that could be the reason.

How about you guys?

• Brohoof 5

I'm merely the same as you but I'm extremely fragile to a lot of things. Like insults, arguments, shouting, hitting, slapping..heck even missing out important meetings. I would defend myself for most of the time but mainly, I would start crying because of there's nothing I can do.

So don't worry, I'm more on the sensitive side as well. I'm just more of a crybaby.

• Brohoof 3

Interesting question. Strong seems too broad for me to answer completely, so I'll break down some personality traits I have. I'm usually extroverted, but never to the point where I am or want to be the focus in a group conversation. I lead by doing, and follow greater experience. I am resilient in that life experience and my adopted values, beliefs, and world view has blessed me with being able to take on more stressors and emotional pain than the average person. I will be direct with communication, but allow a cushion to soften any harshness if I'm delivering bad news.

But I am also sensitive but not sensitive about myself. I have a gift and curse of being sensitive to other people's emotional states and personal challenges. I have strong empathy toward other people, and the closer I feel to a person the stronger the impulse is to be loyal and defend them. Cross me, it rolls off my back. Cross my family and closest friends, I can be stringing with my words and unforgiving with my actions. 

• Brohoof 2

I'm waaaaaay too sensitive. Even the smallest things easily affect my emotions :sunny:. I've been through several hard times in my life, so you would think I'm strong, but if anything those situations just made me more sensitive because now I fear for the future. 

I've been trying to get into a more positive mindset, but... it's easier said than done.

(edited)
2 minutes ago, SparklingSwirls said:

I'm waaaaaay too sensitive. Even the smallest things easily affect my emotions :sunny:. I've been through several hard times in my life, so you would think I'm strong, but if anything those situations just made me more sensitive because now I fear for the future. 

I've been trying to get into a more positive mindset, but... it's easier said than done.

Don't worry fellow. You're not alone there.

Edited by An Admirer
  • Brohoof 1

I'm definitely on the sensitive side. I don't think there is a time in my life where I was strong or fearless or ready to take on the world, kind of thing. But my definition of "sensitive" isn't really being shy and doesn't like around people, I'm pretty talkative and I think do pretty well in front an audience. To me, "sensitive" means that my insecurities and lack of confidence with people get the best of me and I make some false judgements to others. Growing up, I would say my parents are pretty protective and though sometimes it's a good thing and I'm still thankful for that, I don't think I was ever really "let out" into the real world. I never had to face any big problems in my life because my parents already have them all planned out for me, and I think that is part of the reason why I'm so sensitive to everything. I really don't like that about myself, and I try to "toughen up" and be less susceptible of every tiny thing people say, but it will probably have to take some time. :sunny: 

• Brohoof 1

Strong to me is someone who can take an insult, ignore the person who said it, and walk away.

I consider myself strong. I do still cry sometimes like when my favourite song comes on, or just after being deep in thought about something depressing. That's something that strong people shouldn't try to cover up.

Strong to me is someone who doesn't care about what others think about them. Usually, whenever I'm out in public, I try to get myself into the state of mind of "I am better than everyone else, if this person has a problem with me then they are just lower tier scum".

I kinda tend to be more sensitive in different situations. I'm more emotionally sensitive due to my constant isolation from other people irl, and not having much experience in making real friends :blush:

I should try to toughen up and put myself out there more often, but it can be challenging sometimes, and often times I just don't have the motivation to do so due to bad past experiences with people.    

well if like anyone gives a little weak punch on me i start to moan  of the pain (many time i'm just joking but still) and i make some weirds noises,  so i would say i'm sensitive

• Brohoof 1

I used to be so fragile and i guess i still am though these days I feel that in constantly trying to give less meaning to anything that might have effect on me in a long run as I've seen that if you value something it can really affect your feelings in the long run  and as I never was able to control them when they were affected I decided to stop the problem at the root level

• Brohoof 1

Strong on the outside, but sensitive on the inside. I get easily offended over some things but I know I'm wrong to be. I get sad a lot, but I don't let it show unless it's someone online. I can't let real life people know that I'm not always a happy, funny guy. I have really low self confidence too, and the only people who believe in me are my friends. My parents too but they only think they can get me to believe in myself by yelling. I'm strong on the outside because I never cry, but it's because I can't, not because I try to hold it back. I would do anything to become sensitive on the outside, but only if I'm by myself. If my sensitivity came outside while I'm around other people, they'll see how I can get sometimes, and I don't want that. 

I like to consider myself strong. Too strong, in fact. Sometimes, even when I'm having a really tough break, I don't even flinch. And it scares me.

I think I forgot how to be sensitive somewhere along the way.

But I do remain unfazed by most things. If it's particularly vile, I sometimes do something about it, but mostly I feel uncaring, like I'm completely void of emotional capacity to react to such situations.

Well, emotionally, I'm actually fairly sensitive. All kinds of things trip up depression and anger on my end.

Though if you looked at me from the outside, you'd not see this part of me too often unless it got REALLY bad. Like as in past the point of suicidal (when it comes to depression), or the point where It's already blown over (when it comes to anger). 

• Brohoof 1

I see myself as being very sensitive--my feelings especially are sensitive--despite my overall demeanour making me come across as being the opposite.

I consider myself the strongest in Gensokyo~

tumblr_ma2ti4EBqy1r63zvfo1_1280.jpg

Spoiler

999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999.9

^My power level. Eat your heart out, Z Fighter scrubs :p 

• Brohoof 1

50/50ish I guess. In some ways I'm really sensitive and cry very easily. In other ways I can be decidedly insensitive. Insults seldom bother me but I can get very upset at certain things like being misunderstood, seeing others unhappy and having no control over things. If something makes me sad I can usually find a way to find the silver lining and it's helped a lot in my life. I don't consider myself strong, but rather more resilient (unless I'm feeling fragile). :please: