Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Have you ever rage quit a video game?

DivineMist1000

It depends on one's definition of "rage quit". I've quit games because I was growing annoyed or lost enthusiasm; there's no sense in pursuing something which has ceased to be fun. If we're talking about quitting abruptly and becoming really angry... those instances are rarer. With that said, MLB The Show online play will try just about anyone's patience. :P

• Brohoof 1

On occasion, yes. I have been playing a smidgen more video games lately, but Injustice 2 is the one I play the most... and considering how "skilled" I am at fighting games in general, it can lead to bouts of frustration from time to time.

My absolute worst instance was when I was younger, though; back when I was approximately 8, I was racing through a trial in Mario Kart DS... and missed the goal by a few milliseconds. I was already rather frustrated, but this set me over the edge; I proceeded to stab my stylus into the upper screen... effectively cracking it. It was repaired quickly enough... but that's most likely the angriest I have ever been at a video game.

Unfortunately, that doesn't even compare to what my older brother did on average... but that's a different subject.

• Brohoof 1

Plenty of times. Honestly, I can't play ANY of the new Mario Kart games. I instantly rage-quit when I get hit by a red shell / blue shell. Seriously, I wanna go up to the guy who thought CPU's firing shells was a good idea and punch him in the face :dry:

• Brohoof 1

I have rage quit...once while playing Dead By Daylight. To this day, I haven't ever done it again. For the record, I never rage quit in fighting games. I don't care how salty I am. I take the L like a Meowan.

• Brohoof 1

I have done so a few times, but the worst was when I was playing Mario Party 2 on the Nintendo 64, a few years ago. The computer player had gotten several chance times, causing me to lose all my coins on one turn and all my stars on the other. This resulted in me angrily throwing my controller towards the screen.

• Brohoof 1

I used to a few time, got so angry that I threw down my psp. I hate it when I'm so close to winning and boom game over

• Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, Cash In said:

I have done so a few times, but the worst was when I was playing Mario Party 2 on the Nintendo 64, a few years ago. The computer player had gotten several chance times, causing me to lose all my coins on one turn and all my stars on the other. This resulted in me angrily throwing my controller towards the screen.

Fine example of the trope, The Computer is a cheating B***t**d.

• Brohoof 2

Back when I was younger and dumber, it didn't take too much for me to lose my temper at a really hard game. I literally threw a controller when I was fourteen once, trying to go through the Ice Cave in Final Fantasy for the first time. :blush: Nowadays though, I like keeping my cool when I face something really frustrating in a game. I try to be more mature about it, looking for a way to improve at a part I suck at. Then I get right back in and do my best to ace that part of the game. :squee:

• Brohoof 1

I have officially rage-quit every game I've ever played. I like to consider myself an intelligent, well-adjusted human being, but all that flies out the window whenever I'm obliged to play a video game. I'm not cut out for video games and it shows, which makes me wonder why I've been invited so often and so insistently to join in the gaming sessions of others. My emotions go off the tracks, my language is appalling and I always feel like a different, less intelligent, person as soon as the game begins. I've tried channeling all that rage into the games, especially the violent ones, but it doesn't make me play better. Rather than making me more focused, it just leaves me weak, frustrated and far too flummoxed to proceed. I'm definitely a rage-quitter. 

• Brohoof 1

No, the times I’ve quit a game was because of frustration because they were no longer fun. It was more like “Screw this” and simply turned off the game

The closest I was of rage quit, but it was more like “shit my pants” quit, was in the fangame Twilight Escape. First time that Mr NOPE appeared, I’ve quit the game in a panic, because that guy is some scary shit :sealed:

• Brohoof 1

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 3:15 AM, DivineLuna1000 said:

I’ve never done it, because I know how to control my temper while playing a video game.

:ooh: Teach me master! ^_^

I have lost my temper while playing countless times, mostly when I was a kid though. Well, I guess that have been more like frustration and me getting too tired, not anger or rage. But as recently as last year, I totally snapped when I had been trying to finish a mission for full hour or so. I didn't break the controller or anything like that, but I was so angry and irritated at that time :P

On 9/20/2018 at 8:15 PM, DivineLuna1000 said:

I’ve never done it, because I know how to control my temper while playing a video game.

Yeah, I don’t get why people lose their temper over video games so easily :mlp_huh:

I have rage quit a video game before. It doesn't happen to me often because I don't lose my temper easily but when it does happen, it's bad lol

I think the worst thing I did when I got my ass kicked in a video game was slam the controller on my bed, but I kept at it. Might have cursed a lil too. Lol, and that was when I was younger. Nowadays, I'll just take a short break from a tough game and come back to it a little later.

I don't really play online multiplayer games due to the high latency of satellite internet.