Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has the entire show been a waste of time and everything?

PCutter

The show ending  

51 users have voted

1. 1. Has the show since the very beginning since 2010 been nothing but a waste of time and life?

• Yes because of Season 9, that's a decade I'll never be able to get back. This show has been nothing but a waste of time. When the very last second of the series finale passes, I can finally celebrate by shouting "Good F*cking riddance MLP. Thanks for nothing at all and for ruining the past decade of my life."
    • No because despite every single flaw and even until Season 9 I have loved it since the beginning. And I'll continue to love it until the hour of my death.

I'm one of the very few in the entire world who actually likes season 9. But now I also see that people are arguing that the series finale will be a guaranteed failure. Since the majority downright hate it or are at least disappointed with it I have only this to ask: Has the show since 2010 until today and the (unaired) finale been nothing but a waste of your years and that you will finally celebrate by spitting on its own grave?

(edited)

What makes you think the "Majority" hate it or are disappointed? Do you have any statistics on that or something? Most responses I've seen have been relatively positive in general, and while it's not exactly a large sample size, the polls for all the episodes so far on this site are majority "Liked/loved it" for all of the episodes so far. Even if the negativity is the majority, you are definitely not "One of the very few", I can guarantee that.

I'm also willing to bet though, that the majority don't actually hate this season, and what you're seeing instead is a vocal minority. It's important to keep in mind that those who are unhappy or dissatisfied will often speak up the loudest and most often, and that can make it seem like their opinion is more common than it actually is. Also, no. Even if a lot of fans are unhappy, that doesn't mean the whole show was a waste of time. One bad season does not ruin a whole show, it doesn't somehow get rid of the previous good the show has done. Plus, plenty of fans are still happy,  so how can the show be a waste then, just because it upset some people?

Edited by BastementSparkle
  • Brohoof 6

If I thought the show was a waste of time, I wouldn't be here. You kind of have a defeatist attitude going on right now tbh

• Brohoof 11

You seem to be very all or nothing on this matter. I like the show and all the bickering in the world wouldn't change that for me.

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Odyssey said:

If I thought the show was a waste of time, I wouldn't be here. You kind of have a defeatist attitude going on right now tbh

36 minutes ago, TheTaZe said:

You seem to be very all or nothing on this matter. I like the show and all the bickering in the world wouldn't change that for me.

This to both.

Your polls continue to show a very clear slant of negativity, guilt by association, and generalizations. You like Season 9? Cool. Joe Public’s approval is not required. And really, just because a person or two don’t like Season 9 that it’s all a waste of time now? Come on, we don’t need to exaggerate.

This show is good. I like this show. I like what Season 9 offered so far and look forward to the rest. If I determined that season 9 or FIM as a whole would make mr feel miserable, why would I bother posting here in the first place? I’d go follow something else or post in another subforum, not complain and complain about Season 9 or FIM.

• Brohoof 3

"Has the entire show been a waste of time and everything?" Huh? You do realize that this question literally applies to any series ever on TV, since TV was invented? It equally applies to any movie series, or novels, for that matter. If you enjoyed it, it wasn't a waste. If you didn't like it, why in the world would you keep on watching?

B)

• Brohoof 5

The forums can be quite hyperbolic on this issue. I've had my complaints about the show but no I would not consider it a waste of time. Made some of my best friends thanks to this show. Got out of some dangerous situations thanks to the connections I made with this show. Regardless of how it ends it was a part of my life, and that is not a waste of time. 

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, PCutter said:

I'm one of the very few in the entire world who actually likes season 9.

I like season 9. In fact, it's quickly becoming one of my favorites in the entire series. 

• Brohoof 4

13 hours ago, PCutter said:

Since the majority downright hate it or are at least disappointed with it 

Citation please. 

Even if this observation of yours is true, the definition of "a waste of time and everything" comes down to a matter of opinion. Isn't the whole point of entertainment to waste time in a way we enjoy? Is people being inspired from this show to create great things of their own a waste of time? The fact that everyone has gone against this fatalist notion in the poll so far should say something, we're getting tired of this senseless negativity. 

Seriously dude? :yeahno: I don't see the show as a waste of time at all, and I LOVE season 9, and from the looks of things, the majority of everyone else is enjoying and making the most of this final season too. 

Maybe you should get your facts straight before posting negativity. Just saying. 

• Brohoof 2

Don't mind the people criticizing your attitude. You are special in your own way, even if you're not the "only" one to like this season. It's that simply some fans take life too seriously, which is curious given the light hearted nature of this show.

For them, time has gone to waste, because it is them who haven't learned much from MLP.

If this is not just one of many proofs that S9 is shite then I suppose nothing is.

@CloudMistDragon

On 5/18/2019 at 1:37 AM, BastementSparkle said:

One bad season does not ruin a whole show, it doesn't somehow get rid of the previous good the show has done. Plus, plenty of fans are still happy,  so how can the show be a waste then, just because it upset some people?

Try applying that same logic to the Star Wars fans regarding The Last Jedi (looking at you @Sepul-Coloratura) or the final season of GoT. And I absolutely hate GoT and never watched it because it never interested me in the first place, especially with the fandom. @Sherem@BastementSparkle@Dark Qiviut

21 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

"Has the entire show been a waste of time and everything?" Huh? You do realize that this question literally applies to any series ever on TV, since TV was invented? It equally applies to any movie series, or novels, for that matter. If you enjoyed it, it wasn't a waste. If you didn't like it, why in the world would you keep on watching?

B)

For me, sometimes I think the non-issue is liking or disliking something. What makes me want to smash a wall is when people say any form of entertainment is nothing but a frivolous distraction intending to let down our guard in a hostile world or make us look the other way from real-world issues. I and many others I know been repeatedly accused of wasting my life and resources away  from playing video games, even when I prove time and again how hard-working I am with studies or business work, and even when I bring in desirable results. @CloudMistDragon@cuteycindyhoney

8 hours ago, They call me Loyalty said:

Don't mind the people criticizing your attitude. You are special in your own way, even if you're not the "only" one to like this season. It's that simply some fans take life too seriously, which is curious given the light hearted nature of this show.

Or if it turns out I'm hypothetically the only person alive to like this season?

1 minute ago, PCutter said:

If this is not just one of many proofs that S9 is shite then I suppose nothing is.

The only thing you proved by posting that is that some people are disappointed with Season 9, which is an opinion. Some people were also disappointed with Season 8, some with Season 7, some were disappointed as far back as Season 2. Some people never even disliked the show to begin with. By your logic, would that mean the whole show has always been a waste since as far back as Season 1?

3 minutes ago, PCutter said:

Try applying that same logic to the Star Wars fans regarding The Last Jedi (looking at you @Sepul-Coloratura) or the final season of GoT. And I absolutely hate GoT and never watched it because it never interested me in the first place, especially with the fandom. @Sherem@BastementSparkle@Dark Qiviut

Inevitably any new entry in any franchise or series is going to disappoint someone, doesn't matter what the series is. I guess all entertainment is inevitably a waste then? You're getting too bothered by other peoples opinions, if you like Season 9 that's cool, so do I. So do plenty of other people in this thread alone, we clearly don't consider it a waste do we? So what if someone else does, that's unfortunate for them.

• Brohoof 1

18 minutes ago, PCutter said:

@CloudMistDragon

For me, sometimes I think the non-issue is liking or disliking something. What makes me want to smash a wall is when people say any form of entertainment is nothing but a frivolous distraction intending to let down our guard in a hostile world or make us look the other way from real-world issues. I and many others I know been repeatedly accused of wasting my life and resources away  from playing video games, even when I prove time and again how hard-working I am with studies or business work, and even when I bring in desirable results. @CloudMistDragon@cuteycindyhoney

Or if it turns out I'm hypothetically the only person alive to like this season?

I will just ask this, don't take it as an offense but...don't you think you are wussing it out for...no real reason? I mean most of people have already told you that they don't share your vision about the season...soo...maybe...just maybe there are elements you are not taking into account?

I am really happy that when the show first started it gave me so many happy memories. :rarity: Despite it original flaws it was interesting enough to hook me up.

I didn't much cared about Twilight's new school but maybe it just because it was geared for different demographic then me.

Pretty sure I find Grogar boring, but hey he is a final boss of the game.

• Brohoof 1

On 5/17/2019 at 12:05 PM, Dark Qiviut said:

This to both.

Your polls continue to show a very clear slant of negativity, guilt by association, and generalizations. You like Season 9? Cool. Joe Public’s approval is not required. And really, just because a person or two don’t like Season 9 that it’s all a waste of time now? Come on, we don’t need to exaggerate.

This show is good. I like this show. I like what Season 9 offered so far and look forward to the rest. If I determined that season 9 or FIM as a whole would make mr feel miserable, why would I bother posting here in the first place? I’d go follow something else or post in another subforum, not complain and complain about Season 9 or FIM.

Hear hear. The OP presents an extremely black and white attitude that in my opinion, underestimates the wife range of human opinions. 

I also don't like how once again, the poll has only two extreme options with no scale of in-between choices.

This show like every shows has had its ups and downs. And I believe the downs were worth seeing at least once just as much as the ups.

To me, a truly terrible show that wasted all our time would be a forgettable show that left no impression whatsoever. I much rather take a terrible but memorable episode than an forgettable one that left no impact. This show had terribly written episodes like Newbie Dash, Spike at your Service, Non-Compete Clause, etc. But at least they gave me something to talk about with others and get to know about the other person.

• Brohoof 2

14 hours ago, PCutter said:

How is expressing a personal feeling of S9 proof of fact? Feeling disappointed is an opinion only, and I quite disagree with the topic aplenty. I, for example, am not disappointed whatsoever so far. Again, you’re using a miniature collection of people online from a random thread as confirmation of S9’s supposedly “low” quality, putting no weight to those who counterargue, and viewing the whole debate with (to echo @Will Guide above) an extreme black-and-white perspective in a world and fandom full of gray tones.

Again, you’re really exaggerating and not thinking logically.

• Brohoof 3