Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

This isn't Nightmare Night. It's the WINTER MOON FESTIVAL!

BornAgainBrony

No official event has been posted, and December 21 won't pass by unmarked. This day cannot go by without being recognized. Tonight is the longest night of the year, the Winter Moon Festival, and I shan't let our Princess of Night go without being recognized on this important day.

image.png.88d24bd1c5a14f9b46af44dc21cced41.png

However, tonight is not a time to play with the frightening beasts that lurk in the shadows, but to ponder and embrace the cold of winter and the stunning beauty of Luna's majestic nights.

Oh, and also to drink hot chocolate, go sleighing, and have snowball fights!

image.png.e088d6a104c16697776c342ef2850517.png

Team Moon, it isn't Buckball season, but it looks like we've got a little holiday work to do!

@BornAgainBrony @Rainbow Cloud @Pixel Dusk @DivineLight1000 @Twilight Luna @Jedishy @Darkhorse @Crimson storm @Arc Flash @Jeric @Disky Bolt @Simcity11100 @MidnightDawn @Nightmare Moon @Moonfire Dusk @SharpWit @ILoveRara @R.D.Dash @Sondash Studios @Amanita @core578 @Cloudz @Script Chime @Alex2002ita @TBD @Alexshy @Lord Valtasar @Fluttershy4ever @PathfinderCS @NightmareLuna1996

• Brohoof 15

On this the longest of nights we give our thanks and gratitude to Luna, Princess of the Night and thank her for being the light that guides us in the darkness and watches over and protects us in our dreams. :LunaMCM::orly:

Team-Moon-Final-3.png

Edited by Rainbow Cloud
  • Brohoof 7

Or you can come to the Wild Hunt festival, but only if you are a frightening beast that lurks in the shadows. We'll eat shrooms and have a few laughs. Enjoy unregulated winter scenery. Catch some naughty ponies into our bags. The list gets longer every year.

• Brohoof 2

• The topic was featured
30 minutes ago, Lord Valtasar said:

you know what? i'm pinning this, now it's official

Oh, most wonderful of--  I mean... Oh most wonderful of nights!!!

44 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

Or you can come to the Wild Hunt festival, but only if you are a frightening beast that lurks in the shadows. We'll eat shrooms and have a few laughs. Enjoy unregulated winter scenery. Catch some naughty ponies into our bags. The list gets longer every year.

For Princess Luna, the Wild Hunt occurs every night, catching dark entities and sending them back to the ether from whence they came.

• Brohoof 5

Praise be to her majesty on this holy night.

I can't find anything to confirm this, but my mother said that yesterday was the darkest night in recorded history because of a combination for the time of year, amount of overcast, light output from the sun, and the sad contributor of reduced light reflection from ice caps. If that be true, then perhaps this night shall fittingly break another record.

Fear not the darkness my compatriots. While the elements may fall on us with fury, and the season's cold grip us firmly, this is a night of celebration! In just a few short hours, I should hopefully be participating in some local solstice luminaries along a river path with my lovely lady. We shall be guided by a winding trail of candles, our own maverick, and Luna's Grace.

Tis a shame we're not granted an eclipse to on the last solstice of this decade as we were the last, but we make do and we give thanks regardless.

princess_of_the_night_by_envidia14_d4ewv

• Brohoof 5

1 hour ago, BornAgainBrony said:

For Princess Luna, the Wild Hunt occurs every night, catching dark entities and sending them back to the ether from whence they came.

Go tell Luna that windmills ain't giants and that a waffle hunt is not the same as Wild Hunt ;)

• Brohoof 1

Considering what time of the year this is, everyone is most likely busy with something so this day was mostly glossed over. At someone was able to come up with something in the end so it's not a complete loss.

@Lord Valtasar That was one of the variant covers for Nightmare Knights but it was included as a bonus piece of art in the graphic novel.

• Brohoof 2

16 hours ago, Goat-kun said:

Go tell Luna that windmills ain't giants and that a waffle hunt is not the same as Wild Hunt ;)

It's not waffles, it's pancakes, and that's her sister's gig.

Are you a windmill? Because you're certainly blowing a lot of air. :orly:

16 hours ago, SharpWit said:

In just a few short hours, I should hopefully be participating in some local solstice luminaries along a river path with my lovely lady. We shall be guided by a winding trail of candles, our own maverick, and Luna's Grace.

Alright I don't know exactly what this is, but it sounds awesome!

3 hours ago, Jedishy said:

Hail to my favorite Princess. I am finally back to a healthy space. And I may have a surprise to show yall when it arrives after hearths warming

OooooOOOOoooohhhhh!!! :)