Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general do you want to be cremated?

Muffinnz

do you want to be cremated?  

23 users have voted

1. 1. do you want to be cremated?

• yes
    • no

no, I'd want to be preserved. If I had a lot of money I'd want to be cryofrozen so when the tech comes I can walk this earth once more.

Although I think there only 55 people in the world that are cryofrozen today : (

Edited by Muffinnz
  • Brohoof 3

Not something I really like thinking about but YES! The idea of my body rotting in the ground greatly disturbs me! this song comes to mind!

WARNING SOMEWHAT UNSETTLING LYRICS VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED

Spoiler

• Brohoof 3

I would donate my body science if possible. Of course, I'll be dead so it's not like I could have an opinion about my body after I die anyway, but as I am alive I would like to take whatever measures I can so my body could be used to contribute to society. 

• Brohoof 2

Yes, I do. Something about being buried just makes me feel uneasy. I think it’s because I know my body will just rot until I’m all bones. I want my family to have a part of me with them.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Deerie said:

I’m really not sure since you wont feel or know anyway though if I am to die before my parents then the choice is theirs 

Please live a nice long life Deerie! 

• Brohoof 2

I have no idea. :ButtercupLaugh: The main thing I hope, though, is that somebody takes good care of my truck for me after I'm gone, heh. Kinda like this song...

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

No. The idea of being burned to s#it isn't appealing at all to me. Being buried doesn't bother me as I'd be dead anyway, but the notion of "back to the earth" still seems more dignified than being stuffed in a jar.

What does bother me are HEARSES. I love cars and the like, but IMO HEARSES are the thing that should be cremated. I just think they're an ENGINEERING ABOMANATION. :angry:   I don't know why, but thinking about hearses makes me angry.:laugh:

I HATE THEM. They just look terrible.

Literally move me to my new "permanent residence" in a fricken U-Haul truck or just a regular SUV. Because of how much I like cars, I don't want my "last ride" to be in a POS Hearse. I WILL HAUNT whoever's ass goes against my wishes.:yeahno:

horsehearsesm.png.73daaa3b92426d012c94fb5135a962e2.png

This would be fine too. Just seems more peaceful, and I do like horses too (obviously).

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 2

Yes. I'm not going to put my family through the burden of funeral costs. Not only do I want to be cremated, I want my ashes to be put under so much heat and pressure that my body is converted into a lead diamond. That way, a part of me will remain upon the earth for the next 1.67^1034 years. 

• Brohoof 1

I want to be cremated, definitely.  I'd like my ashes to be used for one of those tree planters that was biodegradable, like one of those bio urns or something.  I'd like a white cedar sapling to be what grows from my ashes.

• Brohoof 1

If I confirmed myself of the harsh reality that I’m truly on the state of being dead on top of my family members confirming the fact that I am dead, then I’d be happy being buried where the soil, vegetation, maggots and worms would feast upon my body till I’m nothing but a pile of bones. At least it’s natural and who knows maybe a Tree containing Fruit (Apple? Orange?) might sprout out of my burial ground from all the soil/plants nourishing all over my body.

Cremation is unnatural IMHO. Why burn my decomposing body into smoke and ash when I can give my decomposing body for Earth to nourish all over it? My ash and smoke might pollute the Earth’s atmosphere.

Though... I don't want my body to end up somewhere, so maybe cremation is the way to go (unless I was murdered, then I want them to find all evidence before I end up as a pile of ash) :huh:

• Brohoof 1

I would like to be cremated and my ashes scattered in the secret little spot I’ve got picked out. Cremation is less expensive than burial and the idea of my mortal meat suit rotting away in some box underground seems gross.  

• Brohoof 1