Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

In what way do you break brony stereotypes?

BMO

The only stereotype I do seem to fit is the fact that I'm "old", as I am 23.

I might also be considered a loser since I don't have a girlfriend and don't work out.

Perhaps also a nerd since I'm studying to become an engineer?

All bad things.

and I am generally too old to be in this community, but whatever hehe..

Don't fret, I am the oldest current active member here.

As per the topic: I am a female. I don't live with my parents. I have a job. Im not autistic. But I AM a lesbian... (Vinyl Scratch, so yum! ;) )

• Brohoof 1

The only stereotype I do seem to fit is the fact that I'm "old", as I am 23.

Hmm...that's an interesting perspective. I personally wouldn't consider the early 20's to be considered "old" for being a brony, but that's just based off of what I've noticed during my time in the fandom. I've not seen any survey stats yet. :P

Edited by Quartz Aegis

Hmm...that's an interesting perspective. I personally wouldn't consider the early 20's to be considered "old" for being a brony, but that's just based off of what I've noticed during my time in the fandom. I've not seen any survey stats yet. :P

Yeah, hence the "old"  :lol:

But I was thinking more relative to the target audience and the "grown ass menn, watching ponies" stereotype  :)

On that note, I'm also a male, fitting that stereotype perfectly.

I don't try.  I just try and be myself.  If people want to judge me, that's on them.  :)

Don't fret, I am the oldest current active member here.

Also...Sapphire, I have you beaten by almost a decade, dear.  ;)

Edited by Script Dangles
  • Brohoof 1

No neckbeard, I stay clean shaven.

I'm not overweight. I'm actually underweight because of chronic health problems.

I don't clop (I have no problem with others doing it, though)

I don't have any pony merch.

I don't force the show on people. In fact, you'll have a hard time even getting me to admit to watching it.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, hence the "old"  :lol:

But I was thinking more relative to the target audience and the "grown ass menn, watching ponies" stereotype  :)

On that note, I'm also a male, fitting that stereotype perfectly.

Oops, I see now that I misread your post!  :derp:

I dont know what a neckbeard is actually, so i cant answer that...but i cut my hair..so i guess, i dont have any beard.

I normally dont talk to much about Mlp and dont even mention it in the real life world.

I dont have any Merch, nor Mlp Posters or anything else in my room, which could be considered Pony like. ( i have all my MLP Stuff in a closet )

I watch a lot of other Stuff, and MLP isnt even one of my favorite Shows at the moment.

That would be it. Every other Stereo Type fits, i guess.  :ooh: Well, im not fat...but thats just because i dont eat that much, i think.  :wacko:  

Because i dont really do any sports.

First of all, I'm WAY too old to be a typical brony, almost 40 years old.

I am heterosexual all right.

I have my own dwelling-place and a full-time job.

I shave every day.

I don't wear pony shirts.

I actually enjoy dressing up to the nines for the gala ball at GalaCon. So much about being unkempt.

I own hats that are much closer to a fedora (have yet to find an actual one) than the trilby which stereotypical and many actual bronies believe to be a fedora. Also, my hats cost enough to supply more than a dozen stereotypical bronies with Wal-Mart cardboard trilbies. I would never wear a trilby.

I dislike clop, saucy and gore.

I don't try to indoctrinate everyone I meet. In fact, only bronies know that I'm a brony.

My best pony is a background pony that many bronies don't even know. My best Mane 6 pony is Rarity, the least popular one.

I dislike most of the music made in the last good 20 years, be it electronic or metal or hip-hop or pop or whatever. The electronic music I like is from the 70s and 80s. I almost feel like the only brony who likes neither dubstep nor modern metal.

Not to mention all the points in which I differ from actual typical bronies.

1. I'm a girl

2. I'm not fat, I'm chubby.

3. I'm not a homosexual. I'm BI

4. I'm not a troll

5. I'm not mentally disabled (if crazy is a mental disability then mark that off)

6. I am one of the smartest people I know

7. I don't own all pony things

8. (This one is a bit weird since I can't get a job) I will get a job when I am old enough

9. I'm not a pedofile (I can't be one at my age)

10. I don't fap to pones.

11. I'm no neckbeard. But I do love videogames and anime

• Brohoof 1

1. I'm a girl.

2. Above average athleticism (nothing super special, but still).

3. I have a pretty large friend group.

4. I'm fourteen.

5. I'm not mentally disabled.

6. Being in the gifted program counts as being 'smart' I guess.

7. Too young to be a pedophile.

8. I only have one pony merch, that's it.

So yeah, not really fitting the stereotype here.

1. I am male

2. I am 19

3. I am quite skinny

4. I am asexual

5. I got 2 pony mercs (1 belongs to my sis)

6. I don't think aviation accepts pedophiles as their workers, if you know what I mean

7. Same goes for mental health, just like above. (just saying, not trying to be smarter than anyone)

8. Clopping?  :eww:

Edited by ILikeNightmares

I'm a 16 year old male. Even though that's the legal age of consent in most states, there are plenty of states where it's 17 or 18. I don't constantly talk about it, in fact I've never talked about it at school, since it has never been relevant to any conversation I've been in. I don't really care about clop, and I'm unsure about my sexuality, I think I'm either straight or bi.

1. I am male.

I am 20

I'm healthy

I'm not a troll.

I'm straight (single though :( )

Yes, I do have some pony merch, but I don't spend my entire check on ponies.

I am not a pedophile.

While I do have some mental health issues (anxiety, anger management, etc) I'm stable for the most part.

I will neither confirm nor deny if I clop or not. (I don't feel like being banned or warned today...)

• Brohoof 1

I'm actually really into rock, punk, and metal music but I do enjoy EDM and some jazz music. Uh I do party sh*t (if you know what I'm sayin) and idk I just don't look like a brony/ pegasister. I'm also really in the closet about my love for MLP and only like 2 of my friends know lol.

i'm not one for steroytypes, but sadly in my life i have become rather lazy, and put on a few pounds. although thats not just because i watch horses. mostly because of depression issues i have in the times of me stopping in caring and such. I have a few nicks, like i sdo mostly bottle my emotions and sorta keep to myself and just let people slide, but i do sometimes snap which is somewthing not many people expect from a guy who watches cartoon horses.

I'm not a fat, neckbearded, sunlight-fearing, mental potato who lives in their parent's basement with one hand in the bag of Doritos and the other typing "mlp r34" in the Google searchbar.

i.e, I'm a fairly average person.

• Brohoof 1

1. I am male.
  2. I am 20
  3. I'm healthy
  4. I'm not a troll.
  5. I'm straight (single though :( )
  6. Yes, I do have some pony merch, but I don't spend my entire check on ponies.
  7. I am not a pedophile.
  8. While I do have some mental health issues (anxiety, anger management, etc) I'm stable for the most part.
  9. I will neither confirm nor deny if I clop or not. (I don't feel like being banned or warned today...)

honestly reading that last one, i freely wonder why some bronies care about clop. it's just kinda a thing peeps do. doesn't effect anyone.

• Brohoof 2