Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your opinion of the old generations?

The Crystal Maiden

Of course, I did really like the old My Little Pony when I was little. I liked buying the toys and I had a really fun My Little Pony computer game when I was about seven. And I havent been into it since...well, I grew up! LOL

But then of course I discovered Friendship is Magic, which is just genius!!

And compared to the old generation's TV show, the old one is just YUCK. Dx

What do you guys think??

I never liked it, I didn't like the animation, and such as, they were just... Idk, there is a lot of animation back then I didn't like :( and such as.it was very bland looking, the colors seem to and such as be blended together for me. And such as.

While I haven't tried anything from the old generation, and while I'm not gonna, I do think it serves it's purpose. Besides, the old generations were made in the 80's/90's which were pretty corny (sometimes) to begin with.

Never watched any of the older seasons, but have seen a clip on some blog (I can't remember where).

I didn't seem too bad, but I prefer FiM by far.

If I were forced to choose between the older generations, I'd say G3/G3.5. They seem to make the most sense out of the first four generations. Just looking at their respective introductory theme songs, and I can already tell that G1 and G2 make less sense. I kinda think G2 made less sense than G1... Then again, I don't like most animations from the 80s and early 90s. G3 is like half-decent; Only thing against it is the anatomy and colour scheme.

Then again, G1 did provide the basis for every successive generation, including G4. I look at G1-G3.5 the same way a historian would look at, say, WWII: To understand how things today got to where they are.

WARNING: May burn your eyes.

Edited by GDO29Anagram

I WILL NEVER EVEN AS MUCH AS LOOK AT THE OTHER GENERATIONS!!!! NEVER!!!!!! NEEEEEVVVVEEEERRRRRRR!!!! THEY ARE HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!

Yah idk they're not as good as mlp fim TWO MILLION TIMES WORST TO BE MORE SPECIFIC I think I'll stick with G4

Only G1 is really decent and relevant to the development of FiM.

My Little Pony Tales and G3 never existed.

WARNING: May burn your eyes.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1HwstEqziM

Why wub dat theme song. /)^3^(\

I'm not gonna lie, I actually enjoyed Rescue at Midnight Castle (G1 pilot). Probably because I could see how Lauren came up with her ideas for the G4 pilot and that the episode itself was pretty grimdark. It made me rethink my opinion of the G1 series. And you will get that "Dancing on Air" song stuck in your head, I don't care who you are. lol

• Brohoof 2

I grew up on G1 and loved it. I still like it now and I think in general they had better villians than FIM and more of them. In general I think that the specials were better than the shows (specials were Rescue at Midnight Castle, Escape from Catrina, the Glass Princess, the Movie) but I didn't like the baby ponies at all. Well, Baby Moondancer was okay but that's it. I think FIM could borrow some stuff from G1 actually and make it work pretty well (I want to see the Moochick and Tirek). Megan was pretty useless, the voice acting and animation was pretty bad but overall I think it was a good show.

see if you can find some of the inspiration for Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, Twilight and Spike within the first 5 minutes!

G2 My Little Pony Tales I liked when i was little but now I don't think it's that good.

I saw one of G3 and I do not want to watch G3.5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZjfI4zg-sk&feature=related (okay, cutie sleep made me laugh).

I think FIM is the best show though.

• Brohoof 1

I've never seen previous gen episodes, but I have heard mixed opinions about it from others. From what I've seen in clips, the older gens just seem primative and too underdeveloped to enjoy like FiM.

G3 is pretty bad... it's way too girly and the bright colors hurt your eyes after a while. Plus the ponies hardly look like ponies.

G3.5 is soooooooooooooooooooo bad. I watched 5 minutes and couldn't believe that something so horrible even existed.

G1 is OK. I liked Escape from Midnight Castle. I'm not a big fan though because the ponies don't have the most distinct personalities and the humans in the show are pretty useless/annoying.