Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Favorite Songs From The Show

Flutterguy1

I'll be Twilight Sparkle organized here by listing my top three. 

3. Winter Warp Up
2. BBBFF
1. Smile Song (Especially that Tombstone mix!!!)

I used to skip all the songs. The Smile Song's the first time I stuck around for one (which is part of the reason it's my favorite), and I don't regret it. Watching the ponies spontaneously break into song brings me much pleasure. Edited by PrymeStriker

I'm a sucker for all things Rarity, so Becoming Popular still remains my favorite. There are so many other songs that have come so close to dethroning it, though - Babs Seed, BBBFF, Love is in Bloom (HHNGH)...

But ultimately it still wins.

Why?

Because Rarity.

• Brohoof 1

OMG THIS IS SUCH A HARD CHOICE!

Okay. So I think I'll have to go with This Day Aria.

WHY?

Because it's one of those songs that has so much personality to it. It captures the sinister, cold blooded evil of Queen Chrysalis, and also the desperation of Cadence. Both vocalists perform wonderfully and the instrumentation is fantastic. Each line of lyrics shoots right through my heart and impacts me deeply. Also it has such a theatrical aspect to it that it could run toe to toe against any Disney villain song.

I think the next best would be Art of the Dress.

WHY?

Because first of all, Rarity has, in my opinion, the most pleasing singing voice. It's also very catchy and rides a nice groove. The song also hits me on a personal level because we've all been in that situation where we have to kinda tell ourselves that we can do it and everything will turn out well with the whole "dress making's easy". 

3rd place goes to Winter Wrap Up.

WHY?

I really love the chord progression in this song. It starts off with a minor chord which quickly resolves to the dominant chord then to the tonic and finishing with the sub dominant chord. I've always loved this progression. I love how every pony has a little moment in this song. It's one of the first points in the show you really hear a little from everyone. And Twilight's solo is just heart-melting.  It also has one of my favorite symbolism in the lyrics, which basically says that you have to move on even from the good things because everything must change at some point.

THERE YOU HAVE IT

Honorable mentions:

Smile Smile Smile

At the Gala (especially Dashie's solo *SQUEEE*)

Becoming Popular

Failure/Success song

Flim Flam Bros

BBBFF

Love is in Bloom

BUT DON'T GET ME WRONG I LOVE ALL THE SONGS

Edited by Maxwell The Damaged
  • Brohoof 1

For me, I would say it's a toss up between the Smile song and Bad seed. I don't mind the other songs, but these two are the ones that get me all smiley and such.

Smile Smile Smile is my favorite song in the show, it's just so upbeat and I love the vocals, and it never leaves my head whenever I hear it, or just think about it.  I also think it's the longest song, can someone correct me on that if I'm wrong?  If I had to make a list, it would be...

1. Smile Smile Smile

2. Bad Seed

3. Becoming Popular

4. Winter Wrap Up

5. Love Is In Bloom

I also have to give the Cutie Mark Crusaders theme in Show Stoppers a nod for referencing my favorite generation of music, the 80's.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Bronies! :)

I come to you to ask....

What's your favorite music from any episode?

Mine is a tie between "A True True Friend" (from the SE. 3 Finale) and "Winter Wrap Up".

Of course I haven't heard that many so far! :P

So what's your favorite? Post here!

Um, idk for sure thats a hard one since I love like all the music from the show alot...

And the fact that some of the songs I've listened to alot and I don't listen to as much at the moment, so like some of the newer songs are more in my grove at the moment because they're newer I guess :P.

I like "True True Friend" Or maybe " I have to find a way" Both from the S3 finale, I also really like the "Smile Smile Smile song" From "A Friend in Deed" I've listened to it like a million times I think by now :P, its still pretty good, its just not as new anymore after listening to it alot :P.

I love like basically 99.9 % of the shows music though, so its hard to truly say I guess.

Edited by Zygen

My favorite song from the canon show has to be Winter Wrap Up. The text is just right, pointing out the flaws of Twilight, showing her where she has to improve. ( She kind of does it herself. )

And not to mention it's the first episode I watched, so that is definite bias from myself.

At the moment it's A True True Friend (it's my ringtone) and This Day ((Cadance & Changling Cadance version)),Find a Way and Fluttershy's Song ((The song where shes in the forest before she gets her cutie mark))....I love all the songs from the show but those are the ones I listen to the most. I have them all on my ipod so I listen to them ALL THE TIME! :D

This day Aria is by far my favorite song TO THIS DAY! My worst favorite would be every pinkie pie song except for cupcakes... :P

135459527487.png

Why did I just post that? Oh, and Babs seed song!

Wow, most of these I have yet to hear. Can't wait to go and listen to them and hear them for myself! I'm sure I'll get as addicted to them as I am to "A True True Friend" and Winter Wrap Up"! :P

• Brohoof 1

I loved "This Day Aria" from the Canterlot Wedding episode. I also love "Love is in Blossom" which is at the end of the same episode. xD;;

I also like a couple songs from other episodes too. My favorites happen to come from that particular one though.

• Brohoof 1

Bad Seed most definitely, followed closely with I've got to find a way.  Bad Seed because of the whole harmonies between the CMC and I've got to find a way because of the awesome chorus.

• Brohoof 1

Either This Day Aria or Babs Seed. One feels like a homage to Disney villains songs and the the other just has a really fun beat to it. 

Believe it or not, I honestly don't care much for Winter Wrap Up or Smile, Smile, Smile(just had to get that off my chest)

If I had to pick one, it would probably be "At the Gala," especially since it's the first song from the show I remember liking (I'm pretty sure I liked it even before I watched the show). When I finally watched the episode, I got goosebumps at that crescendo at the end of Fluttershy's part, and again when RBD started singing.

I loved Winter wrap up, Smile song, Babs seed, and a friend in deed. Those song from the show absolutely stand out to me as being my favorite songs. I am sure many of you agree with this as well. This show does one thing well great musicals ;)!

I love that song that always plays when the CMC do stuff to try and get their cutie marks. I just wish I knew what it was called, if it even has a name. It's so goddamn catchy.

Edited by /b/etez

My ultimate favorite is "This Day Aria", followed by "Smile Smile Smile" and "Raise this Barn". I really liked how dark the creators made the song. To me, it was a very good villain song.

I love that song that always plays when the CMC do stuff to try and get their cutie marks. I just wish I knew what it was called, if it even has a name. It's so goddamn catchy.

I think it's "The Cutie Mark Crusaders Go Crusading." Or that might just be a fan name; I'm not sure.

Also, "This Day Aria" is up there on my "favorite pony songs" list. I actually think the song sounds kind of Wagnerian.

• Brohoof 1