Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your opinion on Crossdressing?

Colon Leftbracket

Lately, I've seen myself picking up new interests and discovering new things about myself.

Over the last year I've been searching for answers on my own identity whether it be sexuality, gender, or otherwise. This long search has lead me to a few odd places and one of them now being Crossdressing.

Now I haven't been able to Crossdress myself due to lack of... well many things, privacy, money, and women's clothing, but its something that doesn't just seem very appealing to me but actually feels like something that's been missing from my life.

I've been talking to a few other like minded Crossdressers from various corners of the Internet and they say it seems to help them feel more comfortable with themselves. I've always found myself a bit uncomfortable having to assume the masculine role in life when the feminine things seem more appealing, so I guess its something I'd like to try to see if it helps me feel more comfortable in my own skin.

---

But of course such a thing comes at a price. The world is actually not very tolerant of Crossdressers, probably more so than you think. Similar to issue with the whole Brony phenomenon, the world is pretty obstinate to give up its idea of black and white, masculine and feminine ideals. A man wanting to wear a skirt is something that society REALLY frowns upon, which is sad because its just a piece of cloth that that man wants to wear to help himself feel more comfortable with whatever gender identity issue he is going through.

So I was curious to see what the opinion of my fellow forum goers is on Crossdressing. If you saw a man walking through your town wearing a dress, what would you think?

Don't be afraid to leave your honest opinions down below.

But do remember to please stay civil. I don't want this to become one of THOSE threads that needs to be locked down before we even start a discussion. :P

• Brohoof 6

I don't have a problem with it if they only do it in private clubs and private property.The problem isn't crossdressing itself but the crossdressers tend to wear very revealing outfits and they tend to do inappropriate acts.

• Brohoof 1

Wear whatever you want, however if you start crying that people call you a freak, then keep it in the clubs.

Simple as that.

(I wouldn't call them freaks, but most people would)

• Brohoof 1

I have a relative that's a cross-dresser. I honestly see nothing wrong, as it's what you like doing, it's not my place to say. It doesn't bug me.

Edited by Tormented Dusty Soul
  • Brohoof 2

In all honesty I think it's kind of weird, but it's not anything bad. I am friends, both online and in real life, with a couple crossdressers and I think that they are perfectly entitled to what they do. Just because I think it's a little strange doesn't mean that they shouldn't be allowed to do it, infact heck I thought ponies were weird at first. As far as the issue of cross dressing goes, there's no immediate solution to it but if we help get rid of stupid gender based social norms I think we could potentially help eliminate the problem.

• Brohoof 1

Crossdressing in my mind is foolish. People try to make a point of showing their gender identity which they claim to be their own by using standards set by society.

If you saw a man walking through your town wearing a dress, what would you think?

To be honest I wouldn't care. I'm not one to judge other people and if they feel happy in jeans they are allowed to wear a dress if they wish to.

• Brohoof 1

honestly as some one who has done this on many occasions (mostly for charity) IT'S FUN :D and i know a few men who can make it look good.

also i have never been called a freak for doing that, just Sexy and Weird

Edited by PonyEcho
  • Brohoof 3

I will admit that I don't really agree with it. I've seen/met a few cross dressers here and there, and it seems to me like most just want to rake in attention more than anything else, and that annoys me more than the clothing itself.

That being said, if I see someone out on the street cross dressing, I'm not going to do anything out of the ordinary. I'm not going to say anything, and I probably won't even bat much of an eye. It's their choice, and not mine.

However, I really don't see the attraction - are you trying to become something that you're not? You can dress how you wish I suppose, but dressing in women's clothing doesn't make you any more feminine than you were five seconds ago.

This is my logic: I'm a guy. Guy's clothes fit guys (like me) better than girl's clothes do. Therefore, I'm going to wear guys clothes. If I'm being lazy on a Saturday afternoon I might steal a pair of my mom's fuzzy socks (I loooove fuzzy socks), or if I'm working outside/mowing the lawn/etc. I might use a T-shirt that my doesn't fit my mom anymore, but that would be the only time where I'd ever really do something like that.

That's just my two bits.

Edited by CloudFyre

I have all of you beat. I lived as woman for a full year almost and I can tell you living on wealthfare, having no money, being outed by family and friends, dealing with the medical field that knows nothing or has little concern for you can really drive a pony to depression. Far enough that suicide was attempted. Obviously I wasn't succesfull but it was enough for me to give it completely. It's why in blog in entry three i quote "Don't let em say you ain't beautiful, they can all get fucked just stay true to you."

• Brohoof 1

I don't really care. I've personally never met anyone who's a cross-dresser, so I don't know a whole lot about them. I can't say I support cross dressing, but I don't have a problem with it either. I will admit though that I find it kind of odd, but maybe I just need to open my mind up a bit more.

• Brohoof 1

fuckin freaks wearing womens clothes and being all flamboyant. wish they would go away and never show their disgusting faces in public again. im just kidding lol, if youre comfortable enough to try it, then by all means; do it. life is about self discovery, so why leave a stone unturned right? i personally dont have any issues with crossdressers and i respect their lifestyle choices.

• Brohoof 5

I don't have a problem with it if they only do it in private clubs and private property.The problem isn't crossdressing itself but the crossdressers tend to wear very revealing outfits and they tend to do inappropriate acts.

Alright fair enough. If a Crossdresser is wearing too revealing clothes in public I'd frown upon it just about as much as any woman wearing the same clothes. And as far as inappropriate acts go, well I guess that'd vary from person to person. But inappropriate acts are inappropriate acts not matter what the person's gender or sexual identity.

Wear whatever you want, however if you start crying that people call you a freak, then keep it in the clubs.

Simple as that.

(I wouldn't call them freaks, but most people would)

I'd prefer a world where people can wear what they want in public and not have to hide in clubs and such. But of course the real world isn't that simple or tolerant.

But yeah going out into public one would probably be called a freak by many people!

• Brohoof 1

I don't question my masculinity, but I've always been curious about what it would be like to wear the opposite sex's clothes. In particular, I've wondered how it would feel to wear a skirt. Obviously, I can't go about doing it without effectively committing social suicide, because you're right--the world looks down on this stuff. That aside, it would be an interesting experience.

Ultimately, I don't really mind crossdressing and transvestites. I might look at a crossdresser funny, since it's really not something I see everyday, but I don't think I'll care too much in the end. Of course, if I ever try to get a girlfriend, I'll have to be wary.

It's also interesting to note that the Romans considered wearing pants to be barbaric, even for men. Funny how times change.

• Brohoof 3

I'd prefer a world where people can wear what they want in public and not have to hide in clubs and such. But of course the real world isn't that simple or tolerant.

But yeah going out into public one would probably be called a freak by many people!

Yeah, that's what I mean't, such a shame these people are, they cannot tolerate anything, not even us bronies.

It's quite sad, when you think about it, we've been given freedom, but yet it is restricted by the most close minded and stubborn people...

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, I used to do it. Not anymore, mainly since I grew into my body and I don't look right that way. But I do love playing with androgyny. We really shouldn't pressure both sexes into making them believe there are ways in which they should and should not act and clothes they should and should not wear. After all, it's just clothes. And blah blah gender social constructs :3 Don't let your genitals get in the way.

Edited by Zenith
  • Brohoof 4

Honestly, I'm a strong believer in consenting adults and each his own so I really don't see a problem. At one point, pink was seen as a male colour and blue was seen as female (http://www.cracked.com/article_19780_5-gender-stereotypes-that-used-to-be-exact-opposite.html)

If you are worried about people calling you a freak, then I say forwarned is forarmed! Someone calls you gay? Reply You wish! Someone calls you an it? Blow them a kiss! I'm Goth, so I've had abuse thrown at me before. Here is the rule to dealing with dicks. Do not ever lose your cool. Remain calm and in control of your actions. Practise them, learn from the masters!

Don't be afraid cause you are worried as to what some idiot might say!

I know what I am talking about! I am a Scotsman! Look me in the eye and tell me exactly what is unmanly about the kilt!

Edited by Midnight Seeker
  • Brohoof 1

I really do wish I could crossdress, but I have multiple issues that get in the way.

1.) I lack the clothes needed.

2.) I am too nervous, even if I were alone.

3.) I would simply look disgusting.

I am jealous of those who can and do crossdress. And even more jealous of those who look good when doing it.

Edited by Mei
  • Brohoof 3

If it's what you want to do, go for it. Who am I or anyone else to judge?

I don't see a problem with it, mostly because there really isn't much wrong with it.

If you saw a man walking through your town wearing a dress, what would you think?

Now I am not going to lie and say that I wouldn't have to do a double take and ask myself "What the?" but I really am not a person to judge and would try to stay as neutral as i could.
  • Brohoof 1

If it makes you feel comfortable, then, by all means, go ahead and do it. I've seen quite a few cross dressers walking around and most people don't pay any mind to it (then again, this is New Orleans.)

As a side note, if you want to wear something like a skirt in public and not get weird looks, then take a vacation to Scotland (if you can.) Some of my (distant) family back in Scotland wear kilts and it's pretty normal. (Gotta go freeballin' of course ;))

• Brohoof 1

I really do wish I could crossdress, but I have multiple issues that get in the way.

1.) I lack the clothes needed.

2.) I am too nervous, even if I were alone.

3.) I would simply look disgusting.

I am jealous of those who can and do crossdress. And even more jealous of those who look good when doing it.

lol these are also issues I have for the most part.

Especially that third one considering that I've grown into a rather big boned masculine frame.

I'm sure I'll probably fear the mirror whenever I actually get around to CDing! :P

And yeah I've been talking with a few people who just look AMAZING and I'm so jealous! haha

Go right ahead. I honestly don't care. If that's what makes someone happy, then I totally encourage what they do :) I don't think it's "odd" or "abnormal" at all-I dress like a guy, so why the hell shouldn't guys dress like girls?

I'm that sort of person who believes that androgeny is the most beautiful a person can be. I have crossdressed before, exceptionally well. So much so that I made a couple straight men question their sexuality after they found out I was a guy.

My personal view is that we are all 'ourselves'. whatever that may be. What you choose to do, and who you are transend gender roles, or even biological sex. I'll never define myself as a man or a woman. I am me, and I am perfectly happy with myself.

• Brohoof 5

Dress however you want -- it's your decision. Beware, though. I heard a disease called "cooties" has been known to jump from dress to dress. Some say it's so bad, it's infected more than a third of the nation's schoolchildren -- particularly girls!

I'm not sure what it means, but ew! Cooties!