Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What made you smile today? :D

OLDNOOBSNOODLE

Oh, perfect place to share this! So, my girlfriend and I were both worked Valentine's Day and the weekend after when we had originally planned to celebrate was stricken down by disease on both our ends.

Just last night I managed to finally see her and she gave me my gifts, one of which was a handmade card. It had the usual stuff "Love you, etc, etc, etc, etc..." but then the last line really struck me.

"We're lovers, partners, companions, boyfriend and girlfriend, but most importantly of all, you are my best friend."

You have no idea how much this lit that little fire inside me.And that is what made me smile today.

My best friend returned from London and he gave me a cute plushie, like a teddy bear stylized to be one of those royal guards. ;D It was really nice of him, it must've costed 123456789 pounds, I have to make it up to him somehow now :P

The thing that made me smile the most today...I was walking to the dining hall with some friends after class. We passed through one of the buildings nearby, a shortcut to the dining hall. There were two students (from the Student Secular Association) sitting at a table they had set up. There were pamphlets and papers on Atheism and the like. What caught my eye was the whiteboard behind them. In the center, there was a question written on it. The question was "Where do you get your morals?" There were dry erase markers where students who passed the table could write their answers. Several were written on the board already.

Three of them caught my eye.

The first?

"Firefly

+

Doctor Who"

The second?

"Avatar: The Last Airbender."

The third?

"M.L.P.F.I.M."

All of the answers delighted me. Particularly the third. I drew an arrow towards it at wrote: "This. Bronies! YEAH!"

That really made me smile. I wish I took a picture.