Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Alicorn Twilight, Removed Derpy & More Hasbro Control Rumors

Mister Jack

What's this going to do to the show? Is she going to get snuffed? She isn't going to be able to live in ponyville anymore, she's going to be a princess living in a castle. She will probably be too busy to hang out with her friends anymore. Better get used to saying mane 5 instead of mane 6. This is going to mess with the dynamics of the show. Twilight was a part of the gang since the very beginning, without her, it's just not going to be the same. MLP was fine before, it didn't need to be changed.

Good job Hasbro, way to destroy one of your own flagship franchises.

I don't know about that, having a brand new element of magic with a completely new personality could be an interesting development.

The-Great-and-Powerful-Trixie-random-243

• Brohoof 3

I really hope this isn't true. It honestly don't think it can be. It honestly sounds like he's trying to get us scared. But if this is true, I don't know what we're going to do...

I had a feeling Derpy Hooves was canned. I figured that's why they had so many fandom references in season 3, to make fans feel better about snuffing Derpy hooves.

Alicorn Twlight?

facehoof_display.png

That is really stupid. Really, really stupid. How is that a good idea? How is that going to sell more toys?

What's this going to do to the show? Is she going to get snuffed? She isn't going to be able to live in ponyville anymore, she's going to be a princess living in a castle. She will probably be too busy to hang out with her friends anymore. Better get used to saying mane 5 instead of mane 6. This is going to mess with the dynamics of the show. Twilight was a part of the gang since the very beginning, without her, it's just not going to be the same. MLP was fine before, it didn't need to be changed.

Take the alicorn thing with a pinch of salt guys, from the bit I know from the inside there isnt anything about that, though the derpy part...

I never trust things without absoulute proof, well almost nothing, and this is something I will not trust without proof. There is no way it could be real, if it is, then well, I don't know. I just hope to everything sane it is not.

I was thinking about tweeting this to Jayson Thiessen, but I don't want to come off as rude or bother the man. But he does have a way of calming the fires as he did back in the 13 episode season three panic.

Oh and as for the claims of season 3 being a decrease in quality. I really see no indication of that.

I have to agree. If anything, I think the quality has actually improved. Have people been saying season 3 is worse than the others? 

I had a feeling Derpy Hooves was canned. I figured that's why they had so many fandom references in season 3, to make fans feel better about snuffing Derpy hooves.

Alicorn Twlight?

facehoof_display.png

That is really stupid. Really, really stupid. How is that a good idea? How is that going to sell more toys?

Take the alicorn thing with a pinch of salt guys, from the bit I know from the inside there isnt anything about that, though the derpy part...

I have to agree. If anything, I think the quality has actually improved. Have people been saying season 3 is worse than the others? 

Yeah I have seen it a few times else where. Though in this very topic at least one or two people mentioned it. A lot of people have complained about the season opener, which I actually enjoyed even more when digging into it a second and third time.

I personaly don't think the message is authentic... I don't think any employee would risk loosing their job... I just don't see how alicorn twilight could help hasbro with anything...

Edited by Concord
  • Brohoof 1

I know you're being sincere and if it were true you should've gotten wind of it by now.  But the concept of an alicorn Twilight is definitely something they would reveal on a need to know basis only.  Would a subcontractor office outside the US need to be aware of it?

The ugly?

I guess only pinkazoid can love ugliness :3

As for Alicorn Twilight..... I don't think it's that bad :L

It's bad that Hasbro is trying to control of the show, and it seems like everyone is becoming a princess nowadays. 

But eh'... we'll get over it eventually.

Well bugger...

tumblr_mdm4rf0h291qmsjxx.gif

I don't know If I can live with that. I mean that is a dramatic step in the wrong direction. Hopefully they can try and make the best of it as they can. There's basically nothing to be done about it.

Looks like 4 is just not your lucky number eh, eh? ;)

But yeah, I'll believe it, when I see it. This "post" seems a bit fabricated to me. Nothing we have seen so far indicates that Hasbro is intervening in the creative process any more than in the past. And I don't trust that Alicorn poster; which we only seem to have one shot of.

Dear Lord its this Derpy crisis all over again...

NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN

and even if it does, It couldnt be that terrible. You have been pandered too all S3 and it has been amazing. Chillax

• Brohoof 1

If alicorn Twilight were to come in, I can't see it being a permanent change. It would change the show far too much and alienate a lot of fans. In the long run would most likely hurt sales than increase sales. Putting so much extra pressure on the show writers to make a decent show with it can't be the smartest thing either.

As for Derpy. Whether true or not, I don't care. I'm sure if this ends up the case though, the majority of the fans will start up a sh*t storm though.

Too much change is a bad thing.

As for the spolier trailer saying someone will discover their true destiny, it doesn't say fulfill that destiny and even if it hints at Twi, there's no evidence of it or it being about alicorns.

Basically, keep your cool until any official info shows up.

• Brohoof 2

If alicorn Twilight were to come in, I can't see it being a permanent change. It would change the show far too much and alienate a lot of fans. In the long run would most likely hurt sales than increase sales. Putting so much extra pressure on the show writers to make a decent show with it can't be the smartest thing either.

As for Derpy. Whether true or not, I don't care. I'm sure if this ends up the case though, the majority of the fans will start up a sh*t storm though.

Too much change is a bad thing.

As for the spolier trailer saying someone will discover their true destiny, it doesn't say fulfill that destiny and even if it hints at Twi, there's no evidence of it or it being about alicorns.

Basically, keep your cool until any official info shows up.

My main problem with the Derpy situation is if they ditch her completely, which is a strong possibility, then that shows that the opinions of brainless soccer moms are more valid than us, actual fans of the show with at least a little intelligence.

• Brohoof 2

Am I about to be beat up because I don't know who Derpy is? 

Anyways, I'm hoping it's a rumor, or a spell or something, because a drastic change like that would be....pretty bad. And make the show go downhill. 

• Brohoof 1

i hope this isnt true because if twilight were to become an alicorn, it would just be very weird.and ever since the episode the last round up, derpy has been my favorite background pony! poor derpy and twilight...:(

Twilight being an Alicorn for one episode is hard for me to stomach, but to make her turn to the dark side completely for the entire show would be a DISASTER. For that point alone I'm calling this fake. And the Derpy Hooves controversy is just pathetic: cartoons have always had at least one literal stupid moronic character each, and no one seemed to care when shows like SpongeBob, Ed Add n' Eddy, The Simpsons or Fairy Odd Parents had dumb characters to begin with, so I'm really not seeing why there's a problem with Derpy, no matter what role she plays in the show.

• Brohoof 1

Twilight becoming an alicorn doesn't really surprise me. Pretty much every fan knew it (and some hoped for it). What I am surprised about is the timing. I thought this would happen in the next season actually.

As for Derpy... well it is sad I must say. I guess the fuzz that was created in "The Last Roundup" literally struck the last blow. She may be gone from the show, but she's definitively not going to just disappear from the fandom. She's going to live through us.

• Brohoof 1

Allow me to repeat myself here.

THIS. IS. UTTER. BULLSHIT.

kind of expected the Twilight Alicorn thing after seeing the S3 premier.  I can deal with that.........but taking away DERPY?!?! :(
Why? I so sad.....sompeony hold me!!!!!!

*holds Red*

THEY WILL NEVER TAKE DERPY FROM US!!!

Dear Lord its this Derpy crisis all over again...

NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN

and even if it does, It couldnt be that terrible. You have been pandered too all S3 and it has been amazing. Chillax

Couldn't be that terrible? COULDN'T BE THAT TERRIBLE?

*uproots Ponyville Library and beats you with it*

My main problem with the Derpy situation is if they ditch her completely, which is a strong possibility, then that shows that the opinions of brainless soccer moms are more valid than us, actual fans of the show with at least a little intelligence.

This so much.

Am I about to be beat up because I don't know who Derpy is? 

Yes. I'm going to beat the manure out of you right now, in fact.  No, but you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself. Go find the MLP wiki and don't come back until you know EXACTLY who Derpy Hooves is and why she is so important to bronies.

• Brohoof 2

So....anyone wanna not freak out over this? If this happens the quality of the show will most likely go down but we still have our fan works to look forward to. I spend a lot of my time reading any way so as long as I have long fan fiction, I'm fine.