Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cooking!

SugarSlatheredCandyApple

I cook as a hobby. I tend to dabble between baking and cooking but it depends on what kind of mood I am in. Well. Just the other day I made a portal cake to which I thought would be too rich but it was just fairly rich.

Ah yes cooking, now that I've graduated from high school, I'm going to be majoring in culinary arts in college, I plan to become a pastry chef once I get my degree, wish me luck!!

Pinkie Pie would be proud ;) good luck buddy :)

what pastry do you make the best? or do you have one dish that you you just love to make?

Pinkie Pie would be proud ;) good luck buddy :)

what pastry do you make the best? or do you have one dish that you you just love to make?

I haven't baked anything yet, other than my lunches when I'm alone or brownies in my high school (It's a cooking class!).

Edited by Narutardedscum!!

I love cooking, though I haven't really in a while.

I personally make a killer Mac and Cheese, though that's really easy.

My favorite has to be either Red beans and Rice or Paprika Chicken.

Best hobby ever!

I too like stir fries and fried rices.I've been getting into making dumplings lately (like the ones with the wonton casing). I've had a couple of fails but I'm gonna keep going until I get it because dumplings are the fricking best!

Also, I like to make soups, like tomato soups with fresh crushed tomato and out-of-the-garden herbs, and thick, filling pumpkin soups. Mostly vegetarian stuff, though I can't say I'm actually a vegetarian but I eat as much vege-only dishes as I can (family mostly cooks meat stuff, kinda can't avoid it at dinner times :/ and I really like salami :lol:)

Anyway guys, what's your go to ingredient?

For me, I'm constantly grabbing at the semolina for thickening my soups up, and my MSG free vegetable stocks for adding that extra kick.

Best hobby ever!

I too like stir fries and fried rices.I've been getting into making dumplings lately (like the ones with the wonton casing). I've had a couple of fails but I'm gonna keep going until I get it because dumplings are the fricking best!

Also, I like to make soups, like tomato soups with fresh crushed tomato and out-of-the-garden herbs, and thick, filling pumpkin soups. Mostly vegetarian stuff, though I can't say I'm actually a vegetarian but I eat as much vege-only dishes as I can (family mostly cooks meat stuff, kinda can't avoid it at dinner times :/ and I really like salami :lol:)

Anyway guys, what's your go to ingredient?

For me, I'm constantly grabbing at the semolina for thickening my soups up, and my MSG free vegetable stocks for adding that extra kick.

thats awesome! do you have a wonton recipe you want to share? ive never tried those before!

my go too is peppers and onions. we get them for free alot at my work so they are always laying around our kitchen, and go great in almost anything :D

favorite easy recipe?

saute peppers & onions in a pan, put aside. fry whole sausage in a pan. put mustard (the spicy stone ground kind) on a bun, put sausage in bun, top with peppers and onions - SO GOOD AND SO EASY!

I LOVE COOKING!!! Cupcakes, brownies, cookies, flan, fried rice, eggs, crepes....mmmmmm. I love cooking because no one yells at me that they wasted their time making stuff for me if I don't like it. Plus it's fun and I'm good at it. I made petit fours cupcake-style a while ago...it was fun (especially dipping them in pink frosting and putting one white dot in the middle, heeheehee).

my go to is peppers and onions. we get them for free alot at my work so they are always laying around our kitchen, and go great in almost anything :D

peppers and onions both work in spaghetti sauce, too. my dad and I make meat sauce using ground beef, onions, bell peppers (red or green), mushrooms, and tomato sauce. It's really good! Edited by Midnight Melody

I'm so bad when it comes to cooking existing recipes. Because I never cook existing recipes :lol:

It's the same as with my art perhaps, I experiment so much, even if I intend not to. Up to the point where I think... why am I eating this?

But even if it's bad I'll try to eat it, at least till I'm full

Can't do it too much though, because I'm making a mess of the kitchen every time I do cook

And I find it hard to get up and make an effort cooking :P I end up with fast foods like Noodles

though that can be fairly "healthy", put some veggies with it, an egg or something and it becomes a real meal

PS:... I need to gain weight. I just hit my lowest weight point of the year, so if it's healthy for others, maybe not "healthy" for me :P

Today I made experimental Quesadillas, so tasty but I burned bit of my hair on my hand in the process....

Tested out different kinds of cheese, too bad I couldn't find proper goat cheese. Had just regular rasped cheese and mozzarella, tried with different potatoes (sweet and normal) just some garlic and random chicken. and some spring onion all over.

Wanted to try more, but I got full and I don't want to waste anything

thats awesome! do you have a wonton recipe you want to share? ive never tried those before!

my go too is peppers and onions. we get them for free alot at my work so they are always laying around our kitchen, and go great in almost anything :D

favorite easy recipe?

saute peppers & onions in a pan, put aside. fry whole sausage in a pan. put mustard (the spicy stone ground kind) on a bun, put sausage in bun, top with peppers and onions - SO GOOD AND SO EASY!

Well the current recipe I'm trying to work on is very basic, yet I'm still failing! I'm thinking I might get a steamer, because my point of failure is essentially, how quickly the wonton falls apart in the water. http://chinesefood.about.com/od/potstickers/r/potstickers.htm

I've tried them pan fried like in the example, but I really prefer the way I had them years ago from the mother of a Chinese friend I had! They pan fried ones have a nice crunch, but i think the fried casing takes too much of the focus of the flavour from the actually ingredients inside.

Lucky!! :D Best thing ever to get free vegetables and fruit! I have a neighbour who gets bounties of pumpkins, hence I discovered my love for pumpkin soup.

• Brohoof 1

I LOVE COOKING!!! Cupcakes, brownies, cookies, flan, fried rice, eggs, crepes....mmmmmm. I love cooking because no one yells at me that they wasted their time making stuff for me if I don't like it. Plus it's fun and I'm good at it. I made petit fours cupcake-style a while ago...it was fun (especially dipping them in pink frosting and putting one white dot in the middle, heeheehee).

peppers and onions both work in spaghetti sauce, too. my dad and I make meat sauce using ground beef, onions, bell peppers (red or green), mushrooms, and tomato sauce. It's really good!

yeah they totally go great in that, and your pasta sauce sounds delicious!!! we make some similar at my house, and we add a pinch or two of cinnamon, sounds crazy but its actually really really good :)

Butter some bread, put a hole in the center, slap it on a frying pan and cook a fried egg in the middle, SunnySide up.

Congratulations, you just made a Bird's Nest.

And that's all I know, other than Grilled Cheese, but everybody knows how grilled cheese works. So I guess that cuts it for me ;) .

yeah they totally go great in that, and your pasta sauce sounds delicious!!! we make some similar at my house, and we add a pinch or two of cinnamon, sounds crazy but its actually really really good :)

I'd try it, but since I tried the cinnamon challenge, I only eat cinnamon when it is mixed with sugar xD

I'd try it, but since I tried the cinnamon challenge, I only eat cinnamon when it is mixed with sugar xD

what is the cinnamon challenge?

...is it anything like the pinnacle challenge? (trying all 22 flavors of pinnacle vodka)

While I mainly do cooking at school, I often enjoy doing bakery with my mother.

Also, I know it isn't proper cooking, but I can cook instant noodles too ^^

I haven't baked anything yet, other than my lunches when I'm alone or brownies in my high school (It's a cooking class!).

lol ok well have your parints help you, :) cooking is a gift use it my friend.or even try cooking small things at home that's what i did when i was just starting to learn how.

@,

>enters thread to make bitches in kitchen jokes

>sees Evilshy

>flees the fuck out of the thread.

Seriously, I never tried cooking. I microwave my food.

@,

>enters thread to make bitches in kitchen jokes

>sees Evilshy

>flees the fuck out of the thread.

What do you mean...?

You don't want to make bitches in kitchens jokes because you think I'm a girl? XD

Edited by Evilshy and His Own Ego

What do you mean...?

You don't want to make bitches in kitchens jokes because you think I'm a girl? XD

No, because you're a guy and you have the potential to scare the living shit outta me.

If you were a girl, you'd be the most effed up chick I've ever met.

That a compliment, by the way.

• Brohoof 1

No, because you're a guy and you have the potential to scare the living shit outta me.

If you were a girl, you'd be the most effed up chick I've ever met.

That a compliment, by the way.

Even if it wasn't intended as a compliment, I'd still take it that way :)

And I'm glad to know my presence can dispel misogyny :)

• Brohoof 1

I've been cooking for a few years. I LOVE IT! I learned some recipes from my Dad who learned them from my Grandma.

I've been trying to use more recipes lately though, than just the ones that I was taught, so I've been trying to make Chinese food. Never turns out too well, lol :P My strong points are probably anything Italian related, Chili, Macaroni and Cheese (The kind you actually bake in a pan, not the Kraft stuff, lol), and General Tso's Chicken (The one Chinese recipe that I'm good at, lol)

Although those are my strong points, I like to try and cook whatever I can, sometimes just to experiment how to get different flavors ith different ingredients. There's so many possibilities when cooking something, it's almost invigorating to think about :wub:

Me? Well when my Italian rear kicks into gear, I looove to cook!

For some reason, I prefer to cook over an open fire. I feel better about it. Seems to taste better too, heh.

lol ok well have your parints help you, :) cooking is a gift use it my friend.or even try cooking small things at home that's what i did when i was just starting to learn how.

I forgot to tell you that I did cook some instant noodles before, and I've also made some scrambled eggs for myself too.

I forgot to tell you that I did cook some instant noodles before, and I've also made some scrambled eggs for myself too.

that's a great start dude.but heres a recipe for you.you take a pack of instant noodles and bring the water to a boil put the pack of flavor in then you take 2 eggs and put them in before the noodles.then you put the noodles in and stir slow and gentle.so cook for the 3 minutes and when your done,you will have a soft boiled eggs that have been seasoned with the flavor of the instant noodles a very easy breakfast ;) Edited by krylonguard
  • Brohoof 1