Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cooking!

SugarSlatheredCandyApple

Since I work and go to college, I dont have any time for cooking. My husband sees to feeding himself and his uncle with stuff from the microwave most nights.

I know how you feel; ever since I started college I have had less and less time for cooking T_T.

I like cooking but I'm not good at cooking full meals. I'm better at deserts. (cakes, brownies, cookies)

Good for you! Baking is a skill that completely escapes me, I swear I have followed a recipe for pound cake and had it come out of the oven as banana nut bread. . . I also cooked a cheese cake that turned into vanilla pudding lol

Edited by Larko
  • Brohoof 1

I've been cooking for so long now, that I've gotten good at it. Good at baking, good at frying, good at everything except the real fancy stuff.

Probably my favorite thing to make is apple crisp. Tastes good, isn't too difficult, and better for you than cake.

I love cooking :D

My favorite dish to cook is fried rice with whatever meat we have that isn't going to be use for something else. I also make a really good cheese sauce that I pour over pasta and vegetables (usually broccoli and/or peas), it's also pretty good with rice and chicken. I like making beef stroganoff, especially when I have the right meat, but it's really good with most any meat. Taco soup is another dish I make, but not often, since it requires so many tomatoes :(

I love making huge omelets with everything in them for breakfast when I have time to do so. I also make epic sandwiches for lunch. If it doesn't have at least 3 types of cheese, 3 types of meat, an egg or two and fresh lettuce, then it isn't good enough :)

Not to brag, my whole family gets excited when I say I feel like cooking dinner :)

I live with my dad, so whether I like it or not I got to learn how to cook unless I wan't food poisoning by my dad or death by starvation, but my mom's side of the family is wonderful at cooking, my aunt is better at baking and desserts, my mom loves condiments and likes to make different food, she never eats leftovers and cooks up something different, while my grandma is good at both cooking and baking, I once lived with her for a year when my parents were in a fight, she made the best Mexican food ever, I'm starting to get lessons from her whenever I go over to my mom's house (not that often xD), and she knows I love to cook with her, she has shared recipes with me and teaches me how to make her favorite desserts, (she sounds nice but believe me, this is only when she's in an extra happy mood, most of the time she's yelling at me to live with my mom or else I'll never get tasty food again, or she's hitting my head with a stick xD)

Edited by Pinkazoid

I like to cook as well, though I usually have to tone down my ideas for most people. My dad and one of my best friend's dad taught me how to cook, and they both like things to be very spicy.

Speaking of which, if you've never made habenero chocolate chip cookies, you're missing out.

• Brohoof 1

I like to cook, but I'm not that good at it. When I cook its usually either chicken or beef on the grill. I've discovered recently that there is one thing I'm really good at making on the grill and that's lemon pepper chicken. When my dad does it, you can't really taste the marinade anymore, but when I do it, for some reason the marinade doesn't cook in as much, which in my opinion, makes it taste so much better. Edited by super muffin derpy506

I actually learned to cook a whole Korean menu from the last place I worked at, not my favorite food but still, getting to cook for other people was very rewarding. At home I like to experiment with whatever is available.