Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How involved have you been in the fandom since season 3's conclusion.

Bucky McGillyCuddy

Not related to Twilicorn at all

Are you still as actively involved in the fandom (posting in topics, creating fan content, searching for content online etc.) now as you were when season 3 was actually airing or have you become less involved in viewing/making MLP related content?

I've lost interest in the series a little. I'm less motivated to create fan-art as much as i used to be or look for cool MLP media. Don't get me wrong I still like the franchise, i'm just less interested in it right now. I've been told that fan-fics and other MLP related content will keep me occupied while i wait for season 4 but i honestly have no interest in fanfics or just about any written fan material. It's just not my thing. I'm definitely a lot less active in the forums now than I previously was as well.

It seems pretty natural to me though, that when something ends it slowly becomes less important than it once was. So what about you guys. I know a lot of you breathe pony but is anyone else having the same thing happen to them?

• Brohoof 1

Nope tongue.png With a fanbase this large, producing mountains, warehouses full of content 24/7, 'it's just not my thing' doesn't work in my mind. There's just too much. The fanbase is just too large, and too active to simply shrug off. One can do that with the average fan base, but not with something that has no end. I have been, and will continue to be very active throughout the wait, just as I will be when the show ends, for quite some time.

• Brohoof 5

To be honest, I've also found myself becoming less active in the fandom, and becoming more active in other fanbases. Probably because of the wait for season 4... although I still do draw and watch mlp, but I can't adjust to drawing Twilight as an alicorn.  :/

Edited by ShikariLukari

Why do you feel that way? Is it because of lack of new official content? There is a lot of fan made content to make up for this.

As for me, I'm definitely less involved since the last episode and I moved from EQD to /mlp/ because I kept running into Twilicorn a lot on EQD and unlike an avatar or a banner on the forums I can't just AdBlock it. Anyway I don't want to give up on all the great fan made stuff just because I don't like where the canon is heading.

Edited by MadPointer

Well I guess that I got involved in discussions and other things since Season 3's conclusion. I wouldn't say that I contributed much yet, but in the future I will.

• Brohoof 1

Are you still as actively involved in the fandom (posting in topics, creating fan content, searching for content online etc.) now as you were when season 3 was actually airing or have you become less involved in viewing/making MLP related content?

Though I am not an artist or anything like that I do contribute:

-Posting guides (Like the Windows 7 Pony guide on my blog here)

-Doing signatures (sometimes)

-Running the CMC club

All of that is easy to do, but fun for me smile.png

How activate I am on scale 1-10: 8.5

Edited by ~Scootaloo

I've been less involved scine the start of s3 but recently started posting again :)

I would say I shy away from show discussion as much as I used to, I dont like arguing with people over nothing :P

It's like with anything, you get bored of something for a bit then come back to it :)

I'm just as active as I was when season 3 aired. Although that will all change around the summer, then I won't be active for around four months. But until then I try to be as active as I can. I have been reading a lot of fanfics lately and honestly a good fanfic can be just as good as an episode. I view a lot of fan content and try to make some on my own, so that keeps me busy as well. So a simple answer is just yes, I'm still as active.

• Brohoof 1

honestly, i haven't really done too much to say i am a MLP content provider. Sure i made a few ponymon episodes but other than simply watching the show, and listening to just about every ponystep music on youtube. I haven't done as much as i was hoping to do say since last summer. and now since i am getting better with producing music i hope to release a nice "this day aria" remix, because that's my favorite song from he show.

I've been less involved scine the start of s3 but recently started posting again :)

I would say I shy away from show discussion as much as I used to, I dont like arguing with people over nothing :P

It's like with anything, you get bored of something for a bit then come back to it :)

Like Happy, I rarely participate in show discussion and since s3 I have become a little less active, I'm trying to post more now though. :)

You guys have a funny sense of the passing of time.  Or maybe I do.  It hasn't been that long.  Hell, it hasn't been that long since I first discovered the show and its community nearly 2 years ago.

Of course it's still fun, and I'm as involved as much as I ever have been (for better or worse).

• Brohoof 1

I am probably more active now then I was during season 3 mostly because I was busy watching season 3. But now it had ended I fall back on my good old friends fan-fics, pony vids and art. I dont know how anyone could ever need more if you read fan-fics there is enough good content constantly being posted to keep me entertained for the rest of eternity.  

I still write MLP songs and draw MLP themed stuff.  This dry season is going to be brutal, but the payoff hopefully will be worth it. I don't see myself being less interested in the fandom.

nearly 2 years ago.

Though the community here is very welcoming I still feel kind of feel annoyed that it took me until January 2013 to actually start watching it. I had heard of MLP, but never really bothered to give it a try until earlier this year. Better late than never I guess.

Edited by ~Scootaloo
  • Brohoof 1

Naw not really, I might be slightly less active in some ways since theres less people here making topics and that means less topics to post on I like, but overall not really.

My involvement in contributing content hasn't ever been really consistent or high amounts. So thats not a big surprise :P.

I think overall I'm still just as involved, only thing thats changed is I try to avoid Twilicorn discussions overall, but thats about it. I'm indifferent to it kinda, but I hate seeing people fighting over it, so I avoid that.

Otherwise I still love the fandom and am still just as active more or less.

I've been drawing and doing pony things a lot more, actually. Dunno why I'm suddenly doing this after the season ended. Working on some flash animations that I can't wait to show people as well.

In all honesty, I've somewhat slowed my involvement down a little bit. Even on this site I'm finding myself posting less and less often than I used to. I probably just need a bit of a break though to clear my head...

It also doesn't help when I see people raging over the smallest aspect of the show or whatnot in general...

• Brohoof 1

I tend to get more involved in fandoms when the show isn't on, as that time watching the show is repurposed to producing my own content.

• Brohoof 1

I've started contributing, I have chapter one of a fic in editing now, and hopefully I'll have a good chunk of it done, and have more pony art done by the time S4 comes. 

Why do you feel that way? Is it because of lack of new official content? There is a lot of fan made content to make up for this.

As for me, I'm definitely less involved since the last episode and I moved from EQD to /mlp/ because I kept running into Twilicorn a lot on EQD and unlike an avatar or a banner on the forums I can't just AdBlock it. Anyway I don't want to give up on all the great fan made stuff just because I don't like where the canon is heading.

I don't mean to be offensive, or crass, but you need to get over it. By leveling that kind of complaint you're lowering yourself to the level of the people that complain about us posting ponies in general.

• Brohoof 1

In between seasons, I think more people become active in the community so that they can use up the time talking about the thing they love. Its a way of helping make the wait easier.

I'm still on this forum posting

I still check Equestria Daily

Still see art work/videos/music

Still go to my brony club meetings

I don't know it's hard to tell of I'm still active in the fandom. :)

If anything, I've probably become *more* active and involved in discussions in general.  I think it's just that this past season I've really been thinking more crtically about the series and the fandom, and that process made it all even *more* interesting, not less.  There's a lot of room for discssion for thse characters here, and I think it's fascinating.