Stormwind

is mlp your favorite show  

160 users have voted

1. 1. is mlp your favorite show

• Yes
    • No
    • sometimes
    • i cant decide

My Little Pony is definitely one of my favorite shows, but it's not my favorite show ever. My favorite show would have to be one of these 2. 

Code Geass

img-1794135-1-code-geass07.jpg

Death Note

img-1794135-2-kira1.jpg

Those are two of my favorite animes! (I think Death Note is better.)

As for MLP being my favorite show it isn't. I have two shows I have ahead of it. I will just show you my top 5.

1. Death Note

2. Arrested Development

3. MLP

4. Code Geass

5. Soul Eater

I just find these shows to be better than MLP. But MLP is still an amazing show! :D

Edited by Super Derpy
  • Brohoof 1

I would say i do the most MLP related stuff, but MLP is not my favorite show. That goes to always sunny, but i am more of a gamer anyway. I set my ddr to record new shows but other then that i don't watch any TV, and i have all 3 seasons of MLP on my ps3, and 2 of my computers. It definitely has the best fan base  i have seen. It definitely is in my top 3.  :)

Edited by Radost

no, not really. The only reason I tend to like it so much is because it is SUCH a laid back cute/funny show compared to all the other depressing death, gore crap on tv. So it's kinda a breath of fresh air so to speak. I would still say I like DBZ a little more than Mlp although you really can't even compare the two as they are completely different....Plus like everyone already knows the amount of fan work on mlp is astounding...So no it's not my favorite show per say, but I would however say it is my favorite fandom.

• Brohoof 1

Nope. Futurama.

I am one of the Nerdlingers, one of the most hardcore fans of Futurama.

I love My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, but I love Futurama more.

What he said.

There is certainly a lot to love about FiM, and it's definitely among my top picks out of what's currently running anyway. But, Futurama.

Favorite ever, as in the whole entire history of forever ever? Nah, that honor goes to Looney Tunes, but MLP is certainly the most I have ever been emotionally invested in a show before.

Edited by Dinos4Ever

Nope. That honour goes to none other than Breaking BadThough My Little Pony is still pretty high up there. Maybe about my 15 favourite show. (And I see quite a lot).

Edited by Spontaneous Me

At this point, I would say yes. I have loved many shows of course, but none have given me the feelings that FiM has. Since I have discovered it, it has been a key to helping me fight off depressing thoughts and it (as well as the fandom) has inspired me to do a little bit more. Before I found it, I was not really doing anything interesting at all. Not too much has changed In that regard, but I can at least say I am doing something at least slightly important now. The fandom kinda annoys me at times, but it has done many great and positive things. Seriously, Button Mash is now my favorite thing in the whole Ponydom, and that is because of the fandom. :)

Really, there is just so much to love about it and it is my favorite show. Just my own personal preference.

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 2

It's kind of sort of my favorite show. I mean its right up there with Doctor Who, Supernatural, Sherlock, and Breaking Bad. But I do watch it more than the others. I started re-watching the series for a third time...so I guess so. :3

Yep, I can say with certainty that it is. I don't really watch much as far as tv shows go. I watch more movies than TV, but even then I usually prefer doing stuff to watching stuff(video games, playing guitar). But, MLP is kinda special. It's concentrated happiness that I am always excited to watch and I just enjoy the characters so much more than any other show I've ever seen. Also when I first discovered it, it helped me through a tough time right when I really needed it so that really earns it a special place in my heart. 

Then of course there's the fandom, which is icing on an already amazing cake.

Yeah, definitely favorite.

Edited by TheMangoPony

It's definitely up there, but it's not #1. That's definitely MythBusters. :lol: 

I'd say it's not even in the top 5, honestly. For some reason, my favorite shows tend to be documentary-based, such as The Universe and Modern Marvels. I tend to find information especially entertaining.

That said, MLP is definitely my favorite story/ character based show. It does what it does better than nearly anything else on television. I just prefer other things.  ;)

Top 10 Absolutly!  Tho probly not nunber 1.   Hmm trying not to include any anime as its gets way complicated for me to rate it all.  I'd say MLP FiM would be #2 on that list. 

I would have to say Star Trek TNG and ever series after (Except Enterprise) would be my favorite.   My mom introduced it to me when I was 7.   September 28, 1987, lol I actually remember watching it that day so long ago.  My mom and I would go on to watch it every week there after. 

I would say I am way  more of a Brony than a Trekkie.  But Star Trek is something that I grew up with and is deeply ingraved in to who I am

Nope, i would have to say my favorite is Avatar: The Last Airbender. And rightly so, it damn deserves the attention.

I basically consider it the greatest show ever. Its got the drama, the comedy, the lightheartedness, the heartwarming sad moments, the philosophy,  its visually colorful and stunning, the fight sequences are brilliant and well choreographed, the story telling is so good. The CHARACTERS are so well rounded and balanced. All of that, combined into a neat 3 season package. Its not even a kids show, its a show truly meant for anyone to watch and enjoy. Mlp is a very good show of course, but i don't feel its quite at the same level as Avatar was.

For me, MLP ties with Dan Vs. which is kinda hilarious seeing as they are basically polar opposites. Mlp: Colorful female ponies learning about friendship redeeming the antagonists with their friendship magic. Dan vs: An angry, misanthropic little man in a black shirt drags his one friend (and the friend's wife) everywhere against his will to get revenge on anything and everything.

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

Naw, though few shows have captured my interest for so long. You have to give it credit for that, and for its ability to reach so far outside its target demographic.

It's topped by Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Avatar: The Last Airbender, though I don't know which order they're in. Madoka Magica's writing, characters, music, everything are on such a mind-bogglingly high level and I can't think of anything that had me on the edge of my seat for basically the entire series like this show did. From an objective standpoint, it's probably better than Avatar, but Avatar gets points for hitting a much wider spectrum of emotions. It had me happy, sad, laughing until it hurt, all over the place. And it still managed to tell a very good story, with sad moments on the level of Madoka Magica's without needing to immerse the entire series in a generally negative atmosphere.

I recommend both to anyone who hasn't seen them.

MLP is my favorite cartoon, there's no cartoon that I find more entertaining than MLP, Adventure Time and Regular show do come close though.

My favorite anime has gotta be Avatar: The Last Airbender. Though it's American made, I still consider it an anime. Everything about the show is just perfect. The humor, the drama, the sad moments, the characters, the vibe. Everything. If you haven't seen this or if you haven't finished it, shame on you. You go watch this right now and make Uncle Iroh proud. Though Avatar is great, I also really like Code Geass, Deadman Wonderland, Paranoia Agent, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebob and Trigun. Not to mention Puella Magi, SnK, Steins;Gate and Tengen Toppa. Avatar is still the best though. 

As for series with real actors, this one is kinda difficult.. I like The Big Bang Theory for its humor, but I like Dexter for its theme.. And then there's Game of Thrones that beats everything with its story, while Walking Dead comes around and sets up a good story in the zombie apocalypse cliche. There isn't really any series I like the most, every series has its own unique selling points and charms.

nah, the show ive gotten into the most is Adventure Time, even though FiM was and still is an awesome show it can never take the number one spot for me c:

Legend of Korra and Helsing Ultimate have been close to the same level but never reached that level.

For me, MLPFIM is really just tied with Doctor Who. I love both series, and rewatch old episodes every now and then. Not sure which one is better, both are brilliant in their own ways.

Favorite cartoon for sure, hard to say favorite show ever, I'm not much into TV shows, so I guess I could quite easily say that it's tied with whatever I would select to be number one.

Now that I started watching MLP, I discovered my love for cartoons, I've watched animes before, but they aren't actually, cartoons... I've started watching littlest pet shop now aswell, and well, I know some bronies hate on that cartoon... it's not a favorite, wouldn't call it that, but I think it's entertaining in it self, but it's not worth comparing to MLP, that's for sure. Now that's kinda off topic.

No-one can actually answer this question unless the know ever show coming out from between now and the end of forever,

Its the show I watch the most off lately, but i'll have to be on the verge of death before i can claim it as my best ever. :D

Well Since i am an adult i do have other shows I like to watch, as for Favorite. Well if you put it under cartoons then i guess favorite but I have others.  Eureka, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atantic, ReBoot. my fav show right now is Dr Who.

• 1 month later...