Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favourite country?

Sweet Dreams

My most favorite country of all time is my home, Canada. I love this place. A place I would want to see and or move is Japan. I would love to see how anime started if I ever go there.

And yes I know there is the Internet.

I love Germany, Japan, and Canada. I plan to learn French and German so I can possibly live and/or visit them both once I'm older. It'll take work of course, but still it's worth it impo!

Ireland (my home)

United Kingdom

Germany

Italy

Finland

Canada

South Korea

China

All of these countries are fantastic! Visiting these countries (except Ireland, because I live in Ireland :P) would a dream come true! Btw, I have visited the UK, Germany and Italy. As for the USA..... Heheheheh, No. Just no...

• Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My favourite country is Ireland because I'm Irish and I have a special affinity for it especially the weather. 

Countries I'd like to visit would be: Japan, South Korea, Maybe the US, Spain and maybe Sweden.  

Switzerland, 100%. Incredible nature, beautiful cities (sans Zurich), efficient government, ridiculously high living standards and foreign purchasing power, super safe, and a mix of three wonderful cultures which form together to make a uniquely special one. Nowhere in the world is perfect but in the case of Switzerland it's hard to think of any glaring negatives.

Otherwise, I have soft spots for Norway (natural beauty, cool language, also I'm of part-Norwegian descent), Finland (I think the culture and language are cool, and people are as introverted as I am) and the US, which is, contrary to what many of us think here in Europe, still the land of opportunity and the country where your dreams really can come true if you work hard enough (and are perhaps a little bit lucky). Also love the UK where I am currently studying, but it'd be hard to really rank it at the same level as any of the aforementioned.

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-09-22 at 6:15 AM, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

I prefer the older versions of various presently existing countries. Namely:

• Russian Empire.
  • Austro-Hungarian Empire.
  • Pre-Progressive era United States of America.
  • Victorian British Empire.

Me too. I wonder if Bolshevik revolution never happened would I still be living in Grand Duchy of Finland or perhaps in Russia instead. However I'm happy to live in Finland as it is right now :ButtercupLaugh:

Anyways. My favorite countries are probably Spain and Cuba. However I like all Spanish speaking countries. I like their culture and language

Canada and the Scandinavian countries top the list for me. Politics and climate are both a very big deal to me. Those countries just seem to be pretty good compared to everywhere else. As things get shakier in the US, what's above the Northern border just looks like the land of gold in comparison. But I know Canada has plenty of flaws as well and a not so great history of its own, and I don't want to chalk it up too much, but seriously, if I had the ability, I probably would move there. I don't know what's going to happen to the US, but I am certainly worried about 2025 and beyond.

On 2021-09-26 at 3:36 PM, Lunaholic said:

Me too. I wonder if Bolshevik revolution never happened would I still be living in Grand Duchy of Finland or perhaps in Russia instead. However I'm happy to live in Finland as it is right now :ButtercupLaugh:

Thank goodness Finland only lost a little bit of territory instead of becoming another Soviet republic.

16 hours ago, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

Thank goodness Finland only lost a little bit of territory instead of becoming another Soviet republic.

Yes. It was actually Lenin who gave us independence after all. Nicholas II would have never allowed that. Stalin wanted to claim Finland back but failed

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So it would very much depend on the continent for me, in Europe, my favorite countries in no order are:

Belarus, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, Slovenia, Croatia, Poland, Germany, Switzerland, Romania, and Austria are some of them.

In Asia, my favorite countries in order are:

Japan, Vietnam, Laos, Mongolia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Taiwan, and South Korea

In North/South America:

Chile, Argentina, Canada, Panama, Colombia, Mexico, Bolivia, and Uruguay.

Oceania:

Australia, New Zealand, Niue, Tuvalu, and Nauru.

Africa: 

South Africa, Botswana, and Gabon.

This isn't the whole list but this is a fraction of it. 

• 1 month later...