Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

DITR

Apparently I should add this one (according to the responses to the poll on the episode):

The season 8 premiere was not really that good, and in fact I think it's the third worst premiere this show has ever had.

• Brohoof 2

I used to think that MLP was a bad show. Because of opinions that my friends used to keep telling me. But I decided to watch it and became a brony then I started watching more animations and stuff about MLP and here we are now.

• Brohoof 1

16 minutes ago, Whomst'd've said:

The season 8 premiere was not really that good, and in fact I think it's the third worst premiere this show has ever had.

I was going to add this one, with the difference that season 8 premiere is my least favorite premiere so far.

I'll also add that both premiere songs were forgettable to me.

18 minutes ago, DonMaguz said:

I was going to add this one, with the difference that season 8 premiere is my least favorite premiere so far.

I'll also add that both premiere songs were forgettable to me.

My main issue was hat the premise in general was terrible and the pacing was absolutely horrific.

4 hours ago, BronyNumber42licious said:

I feel like at this point, liking the show is an unpopular opinion.

Must be because of the complainers. The Sonic fandom has a similar problem. 

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 1:38 PM, Whomst'd've said:
  • "To Where and Back Again" is one of the better finales in the show's history, and I think most people who complain about it are really complaining about it because the Mane Six weren't the protagonists of the finale.

My problem isn't Starlight saving the day. My problem is that they didn't at least drop a hint on how they captured Twilight and friends, the Princesses, Shining Armor, and Spike.

• Brohoof 2

I do not think Friendship Is Magic, Magical Mystery Cure, or School Daze were rushed. All three episodes were paced just right for me. :) 

• Brohoof 1

On 29/03/2018 at 7:34 PM, BronyNumber42licious said:

I feel like at this point, liking the show is an unpopular opinion.

I’d say it’s been like this for years outside of the fandom because Bronies have gotten a bad reputation on the internet which has put some people off the show. 

• Those Equestria Girls shorts really are terrific, and I wish they weren't limited exclusives on the Discovery Family app so more people could view them legitimately. Some of the show's best songs are in there. 
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Please note that most of these opinions are based on the 20 or so episodes I've seen from the series; I have only seen most of Season 1 so far. With that said, let's dive in! :)

• Fluttershy is kinda cute at best, outright obnoxious at worst.
  • I don't have a problem with the into. At all. I'l even go as far to say that I actually enjoy it!
  • "Feeling Pinkie Keen" is one of my least favorite episodes so far.

That's all I have for now! I'll post again when I develop some more!

Edited by Recherche
  • Brohoof 1

On 3/29/2018 at 1:34 PM, pyrotermania said:

I used to think that MLP was a bad show. Because of opinions that my friends used to keep telling me. But I decided to watch it and became a brony then I started watching more animations and stuff about MLP and here we are now.

Same here: @pyrotermania

-I really don't like Pinkie Pie.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Fame and Misfortune is one of the funniest episodes in the entire show.

Also,  Fame and Misfortune>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Slice of Life

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 4

1 hour ago, The_Dank_Brony said:

The Season 7 finale sucks.

Honestly, I kind of agree. I didn't like bringing back all the legends of history and piling them together in one episode. It's hard to do time travel and make it not come off weird. Bill and Ted did it well, but Twily isn't Keanu Reeves. The episode felt like a fanfic I wouldn't have read.

Anything related to EG is crap except Rainbow Rocks

I loved "over-assertive" Fluttershy hehehe;)

Even though Rainbow had a lot of development, i still hate her due to the fact that she does terrible things in the current seasons, such as cruel pranks & lying to friends.

I don't like the cmc's cutie marks.

Celestia being underpowered but, daybreaker being op. Doesn't make sense to me...

(edited)
On 6/20/2013 at 4:45 PM, repsol rave said:

- i hate pinkie pie with all my heart

- i loved how the changelings almost killed celestia

- i prefer applejack over fluttershy

That's sad to hear I love Pinkie Pie with all my heart If you hate Pinkie Pie you're one of the few because very little people hate Pinkie Pie 

The only Thing I don't like about the show is that none of the mane 6 are getting boyfriends When is Pinkie Pie Fluttershy Rarity Applejack Rainbow Dash or Twilight going to get their Stallion friend 

this is the only thing I dislike about the show everything else is fine but I come up with all sorts of Ideas in my head that could improve the show but Hasbro would never take my ideas even if I told them in person

Edited by NathanW200

2 hours ago, Mystic Brush said:

Anything related to EG is crap except Rainbow Rocks

Even though Rainbow had a lot of development, i still hate her due to the fact that she does terrible things in the current seasons, such as cruel pranks & lying to friends.

I don't like the cmc's cutie marks.

Celestia being underpowered but, daybreaker being op. Doesn't make sense to me...

Yeah, but she lies to her friends to protect their feelings. Would you rather her be brutally honest to the point of hurting them? Considering how Pinkie tends to overreact to even the smallest issues, can you really blame Dash for wanting to avoid Pinkie having another mental breakdown over her not liking pie? Maud knew that too, which is why she lied to Pinkie about her parties for so long. 

9 minutes ago, bluseymoe said:

Yeah, but she lies to her friends to protect their feelings. Would you rather her be brutally honest to the point of hurting them? Considering how Pinkie tends to overreact to even the smallest issues, can you really blame Dash for wanting to avoid Pinkie having another mental breakdown over her not liking pie? Maud knew that too, which is why she lied to Pinkie about her parties for so long. 

Sometimes the truth hurts. Like, if i made someone a drawing, i would prefer them to be honest with me.Even if they didn't like it. If i gave my opinion as nice as possible and, yet they overreact like i just insulted their ancestors , that's really on them. I really wouldnt want someone to waste all of those ingredients  & their time, just so i could throw it away without taking a single bite.

Maybe i would protect someones feelings if said person was a child. Since children are incapable of handling stuff well.

But thats just me

Two most recent negative opinions in regards to the show, I've no idea how unpopular they are.

The appearance of Hollow Shades in the season 7 finale was disappointing. My expectations were too high since it was regarded as the unofficial home for Equestrian Batponies by many fans, myself included, and instead of a town shrouded in darkness from abundant vegetation, we get a rocky landscape with little to no plant life that's been long abandoned. Wasted potential.

My next one concerns season 8 episode 3. With it still being relatively recent, only having seen the episode for the first time hours ago, I felt hiding it would be appropriate.

Spoiler

I don't like Maud Pie's boyfriend, Mud Briar. They do have similarities, but here's the thing. Maud Pie is socially awkward, uses her words sparingly, can come off as weird, but for the most part she's courteous of how others feel. Mud Briar however, is an ass. He unnecessarily corrects your word choice at every opportunity, and says things without thinking how it'll make others feel. And that whole stick abuse bit? Are you kidding me!? You can't handle a stick being used to bludgeon a paper Mache candy holder, meanwhile your marefriend has a pet rock, while also including rocks as a staple of her diet. It's ridiculous. Pinkie pie did over react as she tends to, but her anger was well founded.

• Brohoof 1

On 4/4/2018 at 2:20 AM, SharpWit said:

Two most recent negative opinions in regards to the show, I've no idea how unpopular they are.

The appearance of Hollow Shades in the season 7 finale was disappointing. My expectations were too high since it was regarded as the unofficial home for Equestrian Batponies by many fans, myself included, and instead of a town shrouded in darkness from abundant vegetation, we get a rocky landscape with little to no plant life that's been long abandoned. Wasted potential.

My next one concerns season 8 episode 3. With it still being relatively recent, only having seen the episode for the first time hours ago, I felt hiding it would be appropriate.

Hide contents

I don't like Maud Pie's boyfriend, Mud Briar. They do have similarities, but here's the thing. Maud Pie is socially awkward, uses her words sparingly, can come off as weird, but for the most part she's courteous of how others feel. Mud Briar however, is an ass. He unnecessarily corrects your word choice at every opportunity, and says things without thinking how it'll make others feel. And that whole stick abuse bit? Are you kidding me!? You can't handle a stick being used to bludgeon a paper Mache candy holder, meanwhile your marefriend has a pet rock, while also including rocks as a staple of her diet. It's ridiculous. Pinkie pie did over react as she tends to, but her anger was well founded.

Spoiler

It's unpopular if you do like Mud Briar. Personally, I do. He's just like Maud... You have to pay attention to see how nice he is. 

I'm not a huge fan of most of the episodes that focus on Pinkie. Episodes that focus on her can sometimes get too annoying for me, and I think Pinkie is funnier in small doses. 

5 hours ago, Kadeda said:
  Hide contents

It's unpopular if you do like Mud Briar. Personally, I do. He's just like Maud... You have to pay attention to see how nice he is. 

Spoiler

I wasn't sure what the popular opinion of him would be so recent after the episode. I saw Dr.Wolf's review of the episode with Lightning and Sweetie and I think a majority of the fandom agrees with what he says considering he's one of the most popular MLP analysts. They described him as thinking he'll be endearing to the fandom, but were slightly concerned with the introduction to another character when we just had like 8 in the last one. I also saw a poll on Equestria daily about people's views of him and it was a very close with just under a third of the answers each going to liking him, disliking him, and not caring either way. Mud Briar also reminded me a bit of Sheldon from Big Bang Theory, so I wondered if others would see a similarity there and automatically like him for it. Only time will tell. :ooh:

On 4/3/2018 at 7:59 PM, Mystic Brush said:

That one isn't all that unpopular, far as I've seen.

On 4/3/2018 at 7:59 PM, Mystic Brush said:

Cruel pranks - No excuse on that one. Speaking as a Rainbow fan, I hated how she was characterized in that episode, too.

Lying to friends - That's not a terrible thing to do. A white lie is something people do normally, in normal interactions, all the time. Your friends have likely done it at least once, even if they won't tell you. In fact, it says a lot that Pinkie Pie's being happy means so much to her that she'd be willing to find creative ways to get rid of pies. Not to mention, if Pinkie overreacted so much just to thinking her friends were avoiding her without any proof of it, how do you think she would react if she found out that someone doesn't like her pies? (Sure, she was more upset about the lie than that in the episode, but her previous behavior I could see her leaning either way.) No, the real problem in that episode was that she fed the pies to Tank, even while knowing they were a health hazard to him. What was up with that? It seemed uncharacteristically neglectful of her, especially on the heels of Tanks for the Memories.

I doubt I'm going to change your mind with this, but while we're talking about Secrets & Pies, you should pay attention to what Rainbow said when she was talking about how she was making a mistake. The first thing she suggests isn't to break her heart and tell her the truth. It's to suck it up and eat the pie anyway. It speaks a lot to Rainbow that she'd be willing to put up with something that she considers unpleasant just to make someone else happy.

• Brohoof 2