Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your least favorite/favorite thing about school?

Scootadress

This questions easy!

Things that I like about schools: Get to hang out with mah friends to play punchies, football, soccer and last but not least, gang fight! (Yes, we are the tom-boyish kind) I also like school because I also get to learn things such as Physical Education and Maths!

Things that I don't like about school:Get caught al the time with unacceptable hairstyle (Teacher keep saying that girls must tie their hair if their long hair has gone below shoulder level, but Idc!) Get injured all the time! (And yet still, I like to do dangerous stuff, my fault!) and bla bla bla...

:angry:

As a homeschooler, I've visited public school a couple times.

I didn't really see anything I actively disliked, besides all of it, ahem but I do find one thing quite odd about the place, which is when I spoke with the principal, the principal said it was dangerous not to schedule a visit at the school. :umad:

(edited)

My favorite thing: The band course. I get to have fun, and gain musical talent AT THE SAME TIME.

Least favorite: My classmates. They can be quite idiotic at times.

Edited by Gamer P0N3

Favorite things:

-Food

-Computers

-Most subjects are English

-Library

-Events

-Math

Things I don't like

-Being the only brony in the school

-Most of my classmates speaking in an alternate language than English

-Implementation of extra two years in High school (I miss the time when the last year of high school is 4th year, now I must graduate 6th year:( )

-Math haters

-Noise

Favorite things:

-Food

-Computers

-Most subjects are English

-Library

-Events

-Math

Things I don't like

-Being the only brony in the school

-Most of my classmates speaking in an alternate language than English

-Implementation of extra two years in High school (I miss the time when the last year of high school is 4th year, now I must graduate 6th year:( )

-Math haters

-Noise

You have pride in school, which is rare here (in my school) In fact, lack of pride is sad. The only thing I will disagree with is on math haters and noise. I hear fights all the time. Its useful to just block them out. I can't agree to math hater since uh..I'm not mathmatically inclined. (After that new math software, I never got good grades in that class. )

I love the library. I hate the teacher though.

My favorite thing about school: I love the knowledge that I gain, and it also gives me something to do.

My least favorite thing about school: Deadlines.

My favorite thing about school: I love the knowledge that I gain, and it also gives me something to do.

My least favorite thing about school: Deadlines.

I hate deadlines too. I ALWAYS mess up the summer shat.

I'll be like:

SHIT ONE MORE WEEK!I MUST DO THE FREAKING PACKETS (or packet since there are no more CP English packets for my grade)

*tries to for a whole 6 days*

I..need to..do it...

*starts again*

*does it on Sunday, finishes at 11. I sleep, and wake up at 6:30. I end up late and then...*

Teacher:Hold your packets until Friday, I'll collect them then.

Me:FUUUU

• Brohoof 1

I hate deadlines too. I ALWAYS mess up the summer shat.

I'll be like:

SHIT ONE MORE WEEK!I MUST DO THE FREAKING PACKETS (or packet since there are no more CP English packets for my grade)

*tries to for a whole 6 days*

I..need to..do it...

*starts again*

*does it on Sunday, finishes at 11. I sleep, and wake up at 6:30. I end up late and then...*

Teacher:Hold your packets until Friday, I'll collect them then.

Me:FUUUU

I'm more like : "What day is it? Monday. I have one week to finish this assignment, so I'm going to play inFamous.

"What day is it now? Is it Sunday already? Well, I'm tired. So I'll finish it in the morning."

"Let's see, I have school in... twenty minutes. Crap. *starts writing as quickly as possible, while simultaneously trying to keep a cat of the desk. The cat then throws up on the homework.* \o/ "Haha! I now have an excuse!" I then bring in my homework, covered in cat vomit and the teacher gives me another week. I then proceed to play more inFamous.

I'm more like : "What day is it? Monday. I have one week to finish this assignment, so I'm going to play inFamous."What day is it now? Is it Sunday already? Well, I'm tired. So I'll finish it in the morning.""Let's see, I have school in... twenty minutes. Crap. *starts writing as quickly as possible, while simultaneously trying to keep a cat of the desk. The cat then throws up on the homework.* \o/ "Haha! I now have an excuse!" I then bring in my homework, covered in cat vomit and the teacher gives me another week. I then proceed to play more inFamous.

Can't do that since I have no pets. Though, admittedly, I gave no one the papers they want returned. (STUPID TAKE HOME SHAT)I wish I could do that.

• Brohoof 1

What I adore about school is the knowledge that can/could be attained being there. It is always a pleasure to learn something new, from fancy mathematics to simple facts of life.

Now my least favorite things about school is physical eduction or P.E. I simply hate going to P.E, thankfully I don't have to go to P.E anytime soon.

I'm going to split this into two time periods - pre-college and college.

Pre-college things I liked:

...uh. Latin class and math class, I guess? I really liked my teachers for those classes.

Shit I didn't like:

- The lockers were too small

- In middle school, couldn't use backpacks

- Hallway traffic. It's just like driving, people! Move your asses!

Shit I hated:

- The kids, minus my friends of course

- The hostile "must fit in" environment

- The workload necessary to not be a numbskull

Shit I loathed:

- Gym. Very few words express my amount of unbridled hatred I feel towards all gym/physical education. Most of them are curse words. Some are vocalizations and/or facial expressions.

College things I like:

- My classes, especially labs if the professor is cool (most have been)

- Chillin' with my buds

- My professors

- The campus

College things I don't like:

- Deadlines/papers/labs on occasion. Ugh.

- Group work stresses me out, especially if it involved a presentation. I'm essentially dead weight in that scenario, because I'm terrified of public speaking

• Brohoof 1

Are we just talking about certain classes in general?

If so then i'd say my favorite class is band easily.

my least favorite is probaly English, but only because I suck at English and don't like it much.

Now theres plenty i don't like about school. I mean theres the people who walk to slow for me, people just being.. Stupid. People expecting me to let them cheat off them after I've told them no a million times, just... lots of stuff, I dunno if i can specify anything.

Having to wake up early is really annoying though, but I suppose its either that or get out late honestly.

Least favorite thing: Having to wake up early every single day. However, this isn't a problem if I keep my sleeping schedule on track. In 10th grade I discovered what life is like when you allow yourself to be deprived of sleep for months, and I'm not repeating that mistake ever again. 

Most favorite thing: My friends. I do place a lot of importance in education, and in class I usually don't spend a whole lot of time socializing with people. However, I do get the opportunity to talk to my friends occasionally in class (but I don't have any in some classes), and I primarily get to hang out with them at lunch, which is great. While getting an education is important to me, friendship is so much more important, and always will be. So, being able to see my friends everyday at school makes any negative aspects of the experience more than worth it.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

I don't like to read boring books. But I like chatting with friends, art classes. I always try to do something new and like creative works given by teacher.

Edited by Schoolswapshop

Least favorite things about high school...

I despised the constant early wake ups at 5:00 am, crowded halls are a real bitch(pardon my language) to deal with, there were punks who always bullied me about liking horses(thank god they didn't know I'm brony), the food mostly consisted of beef which I'm deathly allergic to, most idiots I went with I wanted to shove in front of a bus, and I was guilt tripped by my closest friend about stupid little finger games he plays in his off time that both of us should've been over with by 2nd grade. That sums up my high school years. Emphasis on Senior year.

My favorites would probably be the housing/interior design class I took Junior year and some of the cooking classes I took throughout my career. That and hanging out with my other friends which mostly consisted of gamers. That was fun.

Unfavorite:  Group projects.  I don't trust other people to be smart, or to work hard.  Because if I do, they usually don't.

Favorite:  Now that I'm in college, class sizes are huge, so I can just get lost in a herd or students.  Try and call on me now, Professor!  :D

• Brohoof 1

Aside from the fact that an education is a good thing:

Favorite: Extracurricular activities have made school much better from me, which includes making most of my friends, going places, and the fun of the activity itself :).

Least favorite: Cost cost cost. My tuition is about 5000 a semester, and most of my financial aid is loans that will just accumulate interest :okiedokielokie:. I still have to pay for books, parking, learning supplements/services, and this year for marching band. I thankfully live in my college's town so I save a lot of money by not spending it on a dormitory.

Edited by Super80 Wolf

Least favorite?

Boring professors. Seriously, i try to stay focused, but it's so hard when your professor takes forever getting to a point, speaks in a boring monotonous voice and uses confusing presentations which nobody gets. There were times where i actually fell asleep and learned nothing.

Most favorite?

Practice sessions, labs. Etc. Putting what you've learned to use, getting practice, is an important part of learning - and it can be fun and intellectually challenging as well. 

• Brohoof 1

Most favorite:

English lessons. In Switzerland English is a foreign language. With me growing up kinda bilingualy I am by far the best in class and I like, even though it can get very boring at times. Also I really like the English language. It's so much nicer than German, and a lot nicer than Swiss German.

Least favourite:

The trip to school. I live about a kilometer ( aproxametly 1.6 miles) away from school, and it takes me 1 whole hour to get to school. MOst of the time is just spent on waiting at the bus or trainstation, it's especially bad in winter, when it's like -15°C.

• Brohoof 1

Least Favorite Things:

-Waking up early. I really used to hate living in Washington cause the schools started at 7:30. My bus got to my stop at like 6:40 so I had to get up at like 5:30 cause I'm a girl and take forever to get ready. Kind of glad I live in Texas again since my school starts at 8:30. Amazing to be able to get up at 6:30 and not be a zombie, but waking up still sucks.

-The hallways. I swear nobody knows how to walk. Everyone goes twenty different ways and shoves eachother to get through. Not to mention idiots stand in the middle of the hall and blocks the way. Which is especially true for the seniors who always seemed to appear as if they owned the place. Lol I guess I get to act like an entitled jerk this year since I'm a senior :maud:

-Being in a class with students below your grade level. Since I've been to 3 different high schools my credits are all messed up. Like this school year I'm not gonna have to take governemnt and economics like all the other seniors, instead I have to take a semester of world history with a bunch of sophomores. Just perfect. I took second semester of world history last school year and it was painful. I swear anyone under my grade level typically pisses me off cause they act so damn immature to me.

-Lunch. It's awesome if you're lucky enough to find your friends...but on the first day it is so flipping confusing. When I was in Washington my sophomore year I had no friends. It was my first year in a completely new state, all alone with nobody I knew. It was chaotic, I sat alone for the first month. Eventually I worked up the courage to sit with random people who became some of my closest friends. Junior year I went to another new school in a different city in Washington. It was easier to make friends but for the first month I just sat in the library during both my lunches cause I wasn't making any real friends. Eventually I found some but I tended to still go to the library on my gold days. And at the end of my junior year I moved back to Texas about a month and a half after my jaw surgery. Even though it was back at the same school I went to freshman year it was still pretty chaotic to adjust. Some of my old friends drifted away and it just wasn't the same. Honestly it still isn't. I'm not as close to my friends as I used to be. I guess life went on, and it'll never be the way it was before.

What I like.

-Honestly I really only like the down time of doodling during class. Sure I get to see old friends and make new ones but it feels like...just not the same. Like eventually I'll get on with life and never see them again. I suppose that's what happens when you get uplifted from every place before you have time to settle. I can thank all that to the military and constantly moving my family around. :maud:

and the moving around is exactly why I disowned my dreams of being in the military like my father. Slashed that dream and decided I wanted to be a zoologist.

• Brohoof 2

My favorite: 1. It gives me something to do. We live in a small town with only a Walmart and a Dollar Tree, so during the summer months I spend most of my time watching reruns on television. It's nice to have at least something take out eight hours of my boring day.

My least favorite: 1. Waking up early. I usually get only six hours of sleep if I'm lucky, either due to my own fault, or because I have trouble sleeping. 2. The people. Big surprise, huh? My school's extremely overcrowded so it's a nightmare, especially in the hallways. People refuse to get a move on and stop right in front of you to kiss their boyfriend/girlfriend or chat with a friend. It's especially worse when they block a doorway and refuse to move, forcing you to squeeze past them. 3. Last but not least, gym class. Do I even have to explain that one?

• Brohoof 1

My favorite: 1. It gives me something to do. We live in a small town with only a Walmart and a Dollar Tree, so during the summer months I spend most of my time watching reruns on television. It's nice to have at least something take out eight hours of my boring day.

My least favorite: 1. Waking up early. I usually get only six hours of sleep if I'm lucky, either due to my own fault, or because I have trouble sleeping. 2. The people. Big surprise, huh? My school's extremely overcrowded so it's a nightmare, especially in the hallways. People refuse to get a move on and stop right in front of you to kiss their boyfriend/girlfriend or chat with a friend. It's especially worse when they block a doorway and refuse to move, forcing you to squeeze past them. 3. Last but not least, gym class. Do I even have to explain that one?

I agree completely. The difference would be I have things that I can do but at the same time I can't.

I can't do gym this year so I am happy about that. Waking up early still sucks. Do you get packets from school? I have one and it realllyyyyyyyy hasn't been touched. Or it has, but then the answers might be wrong.

• Brohoof 1

I agree completely. The difference would be I have things that I can do but at the same time I can't.

I can't do gym this year so I am happy about that. Waking up early still sucks. Do you get packets from school? I have one and it realllyyyyyyyy hasn't been touched. Or it has, but then the answers might be wrong.

Fortunately, no packets ever. My school doesn't hand them out, which I'm happy for because, knowing me, I'd forget about it completely until the first day. I'd be on cloud nine about this, only the fact that I have to attend gym class this year ruins that for me. Ugh.

Fortunately, no packets ever. My school doesn't hand them out, which I'm happy for because, knowing me, I'd forget about it completely until the first day. I'd be on cloud nine about this, only the fact that I have to attend gym class this year ruins that for me. Ugh.

No packets? Damn your lucky. I have a math packet and I wanted to kill someone. (Math is my worst subject.)

Well-my school has different gym classes, so it isn't too terrible depending on teacher. For me, I had a bad teacher. It sucked really. In exchange for gym, though, I get a hard class. (I want it but still a hard class)

If they switch my chemistry class teacher I swear I will cry. That's a class to hate.

• Brohoof 1

Favorite: The social aspect. You get to meet new friends and build relationships. This is where most people meet their friends

Least Favorite: The mind-numbingly repetitive, largely useless work you're forced to repeat over and over again for years on end. It feels like more of a time occupier and less of a learning process.