Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your least favorite/favorite thing about school?

Scootadress

Inspired by my tumblr, text messages, and a few threads here. (Tumblr is flooded with)back-to-school, Facebook is the same. My friends cheat for the whole summer packet and they give out answers...then the thread about subjects caught my attention)

Anyway, what is your least favorite or favorite thing about school in general?

My least favorite?

There are quite a few things I don't like at school. I don't like people hogging the hallway, making out there, and to some teachers.

HOWEVER, what I despise is the early wake ups I have. I have to wake up at 5 am and get everything done by 6:44. (Or earlier. My bus arrives at that time) This means I have to have a different sleep schedule a week before school begins or else I would be tired.

I also don't like 1D school supplies.

Favorite thing?

Art class is my favorite. I draw, talk..its just super awesome.

Friends too lol

• Brohoof 2

Favorite thing? 

Well...I personally love learning new things, despite the class. In fact, I already started my classes early. 

Least Favorite things?

Classmates. I have always disliked them. I also don't like gym class. All of this is a plus since I do online schooling; so no more worries from me. <3

post-15132-0-48784300-1374293930.gif

• Brohoof 2

Favorite thing?

Meeting new friends and learning things that actually interest me in terms of life development.

Least favorite thing?

Classmates and most of my friends. I don't mind them too much, however, my school is pretty low in academic standards, and I find most of them as morons and jocks who think they're cool.  

• Brohoof 1

Favorite thing about school: When I get out early, and I get to head home as quickly as possible also my friends.

Least favorite thing: Everything including, the long list of supplies that the parents buy each September.

Favorite thing about school: When I get out early, and I get to head home as quickly as possible also my friends.

Least favorite thing: Everything including, the long list of supplies that the parents buy each September.

I normally would say the same, but now I live where I need a bus so unless I get on my bus in 3 minutes, my chance at getting a seat are low.

THEY GIVE YOU A LIST?? I get shit.I would want a list because they don't tell you what you need. They just say FUCK IT and give you no list so you spend money on a big bag for books for no reason and the other stuff. (Like binders, folders, etc.)

I normally would say the same, but now I live where I need a bus so unless I get on my bus in 3 minutes, my chance at getting a seat are low.

THEY GIVE YOU A LIST?? I get shit.I would want a list because they don't tell you what you need. They just say FUCK IT and give you no list so you spend money on a big bag for books for no reason and the other stuff. (Like binders, folders, etc.)

I hate taking the local city bus to school since, it always goes past the school and I have to walk all the way to the school. The list is pretty long I just hope it is short this year.

Favorite things: Meeting new people, School trips (like to a coral cay!) and the capabilities to meet amazing people whom I might not online.

Least favorite things: Work, stress, emphasis on analysing, people being annoying, bullying... This list goes on and on...

• Brohoof 1

I hate taking the local city bus to school since, it always goes past the school and I have to walk all the way to the school. The list is pretty long I just hope it is short this year.

Its not even the local buses that do that. I take the school bus, but they are so packed now...they did get rid of buses. On top of that, it comes early and no on time. I am the first stop, so I get the worst of it. They don't exactly drop me off in the right area too. They drop me off right in the back of a different school and THEN I wait AGAIN to go to my school.

So far, I have no idea what to get, so at least you get an idea.

Its not even the local buses that do that. I take the school bus, but they are so packed now...they did get rid of buses. On top of that, it comes early and no on time. I am the first stop, so I get the worst of it. They don't exactly drop me off in the right area too. They drop me off right in the back of a different school and THEN I wait AGAIN to go to my school.

So far, I have no idea what to get, so at least you get an idea.

Yeah I get the idea. That must definitely be such a pain, so I guess that they are too lazy to re-route the buses. Damn it, education system.

Favourite things about school: The graduation and the fact that I will never have to deal with the damned ones, some classmates, free electricity, free Internet access, free time from parents at home.

Least favourite things: Teachers, teachers, God damn teachers, so-called teachers, cursed teachers, some tests which are irrelevant with my study (I'm in the computer engineering, but got pharmacy test), useless tasks, the expensive bills, some arrogant students.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah I get the idea. That must definitely be such a pain, so I guess that they are too lazy to re-route the buses. Damn it, education system.

Its because the other school won't pay for their own buses.We have a tech school and a regular school, and the tech mooches off the regular. That's why the buses are packed more in the morning.Its not like they can't, you pay to get in and you even get paid at times for being there.

Its because the other school won't pay for their own buses.We have a tech school and a regular school, and the tech mooches off the regular. That's why the buses are packed more in the morning.Its not like they can't, you pay to get in and you even get paid at times for being there.

I guess the tech school can't invite high tech school buses to take them to school instead, the budget is too much so they decide on sharing buses.

(edited)

Favourite thing:

Learning about stuff that I've genuinely wanted to learn about for years and applying it for useful and sometimes not so useful things.

Disliked thing:

Lazy students and group projects! Both of these things simply do not work. I don't care if this is how things are going to be like "in the real world." In the real world, those idiots would be given the pink slip; here, they get a grade you put over 80% of the work into. Truly frustrating.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

Home time is the best thing ever. If it isn't home time... it's lunch. I would play basketball with my friends on break. It's was always fun, didn't do much other than basketball for 4 years of high school. Sometimes we walked for somewhere to get lunch.

I guess the tech school can't invite high tech school buses to take them to school instead, the budget is too much so they decide on sharing buses.

It also doesn't seem to help more students come in and they live on one of the longest roads for the district. There are two buses (highschool) alone for one segment. Then again, they still don't help. They gain money by real people buying what students make. They create bouquets for weddings, parties, etc. They also care for people, animals, and plants and get paid half of what the students earn.

It also doesn't seem to help more students come in and they live on one of the longest roads for the district. There are two buses (highschool) alone for one segment. Then again, they still don't help. They gain money by real people buying what students make. They create bouquets for weddings, parties, etc. They also care for people, animals, and plants and get paid half of what the students earn.

I guess that the school that you go to doesn't really care about the students but, they do care about hosting huge events with money.

I guess that the school that you go to doesn't really care about the students but, they do care about hosting huge events with money.

They don't care, unless the whole grade acts up. Last year we were worst grade hands down. In ten alone we had the most fights. Half the class was expelled.It got worse in 10th, but they never really addressed it.

(edited)

Favorite Things: 

-Getting the opportunity to study subjects I love. 

-Band. <3

-The cool people I've met there. I met my best friend, boyfriend, and tons of other awesome people at school. I've also had some pretty great teachers. 

-Structure. I like having a routine to organize my day around.

-The opportunities I couldn't otherwise obtain.

Least Favorite Things:

-Ridiculous expectations. My senior year of high school was especially brutal, but I suppose that was my fault for picking difficult classes. :B

-Lack of Sleep. I hated having to wake up at ridiculously early times, because I could never get to bed early enough to get enough sleep. I tend to stay up later anyway, but when I have about six hours of homework to complete, going to bed before midnight is not going to happen. At least I don't have any early classes next semester. =P

-Being forced to study things I have no interest in. I get why I needed to learn about certain subjects, but that doesn't mean I have to like them. =P

-Standardized testing. I dislike them as a measurement of achievement, because it's biased towards good test takers. Not to mention that schools are putting too much weight on them, and are teaching to the test at the expense of learning. 

-Dealing with people I dislike. Bad teachers are particularly unpleasant.

Edited by lincolnshirepony
  • Brohoof 1

Favourite thing:

Learning about stuff that I've genuinely wanted to learn about for years and applying it for useful and sometimes not so useful things.

Disliked thing:

Lazy students and group projects! Both of these things simply do not work. I don't care if this is how things are going to be like "in the real world." In the real world, those idiots would be given the pink slip; here, they get a grade you put over 80% of the work into. Truly frustrating.

Woah, similar to me in a few ways. I hate working with people unless friends are there. That's why I hate gym. WhatTurks me more are the stuck up people. One just pushed me to go to lunch but there was a whole area she can JUST WALK AROUND.

Well I'm not in school anymore...Although I'm about to go to college.

But let's see...My least favorite thing was being in a class with idiots who don't care about education. Also the teachers telling people to pair up and I never had any friends so I always end up alone.

And the kids who act like gym class is world war 3.

Oh and the freaking high school hallway traffic.

My favorite thing is art, and when teachers tell stories about their childhoods or just funny stories in general.

• Brohoof 1

post-17158-0-26457200-1374368784_thumb.png

I love that post. Its how I would view the situation. Its my words summed up minus the early morning wake ups.

I really love those classes, the students working, etc. I just hate the everything else part of it.

Ahh. I miss going to school.  Got a lot of sleep durring class.  

Really tho,  Probly the absolute worst thing about school are bullies.  Those kids that are so full of them self and so insecure that they have to pick on whoever they can get away with picking on.   

That is what I really hated about goint to school.  lol I did kick one bullies Ass "literally".  He made fun of me (again) and when he turned around I kicked him in his butt, lol.  Ahh, then got in trouble for it...  ah well. It was worth it.  

Can;t do that now a days.  A simple shoving conflict can get ya suspended. 

So for anyone that has to put up with bullies remember.  You will mostlikly NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN after school is over.  I have literally only bumped in to 1 (one) person from highschool after 13 years of being out of it.  And I went to 3 difrent schools due to my mom having to travle.  

Good luck all on another school year.  Be happy its free. (trust me your gonna hate having to pay for college)

• Brohoof 1

Favorite thing - it gives me something to do. all i have done for the past 2 months is sit on my computer watching youtube, reading forums, and play video games.

Least favorite thing - grades, 'nuf said.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

My favorite thing about school is the hands on learning. What I mean by that is when you are doing things that require using your hands. A few examples from my experiences are: building circuits, stick bridges, taking apart vehicle engines, and making small wooden cars.

My least favorite thing about school are the people. I bet that was obvious to guess since it is me, right? I hate them more than a human being is capable of hating someone. All they did was bring me down as far as they could and didn't care that they were making me feel horrible.

Edited by SmartyPants
  • Brohoof 1

What I love about school: 

I love being successful in learning whatever I am assigned to learn. Sure at some times, some things seem pointless but I understand that it is to promote logical thinking and hard-work. I like school a lot, most of the friends I have I would of also never met without school. 

What I hate about school:

People there who are the polar opposite of me, people who are the polar opposite of me but are willing and wanting to learn at school are fine with me. However, it's when you get those lazy people who simply don't care and are bullies is when I have a problem with school.