Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if some of the fan shippings came true?

Dashabel

(edited)

I bet every single one of us has at least one shipping they think is adorable, or genuinely think would work.

Last night I was thinking, what would happen is one came true? And not just a heterosexual shipping, but a homosexual one. But I'm not saying this should definitely happen.

Fans of the show (I'm talking about the little girls and boys here) should not be homophobic, either. I think having a homosexual couple (maybe not even a couple, just a bit of chemistry) would show them that being gay is normal. No doubt there's still kids that'll grow up thinking it's not normal... I know I did.

But it's 2013, for goodness sake. Kids need to know, don't they? By displaying a "different" kind of relationship in the show, and perhaps others, may make them realises that, well, they shouldn't have to realise anything at all, because it's normal?

I understand that this would cause outrage among the fans, and parents of kids who watch it, no doubt, and homophobes in general. The show would probably get axed! But I do think that's the only reason they won't do it.

Do you understand what I'm trying to get at?

Obviously, there's people here who'll go against this, it might be your belief but... Here's where you can have your say. I'm listening.

Edited by Dashabel
  • Brohoof 1

If season four was full of shippings the fandom will freeze... time and space will freeze, then the universe will implode and everything will be sucked in and crushed together, there will be infinite gravity at the source of the implosion and everything will fall in and crush upon itself and the amount of matter being forced into the small space will cause a big bang and the universe will be reborn..... we must never allow this shipping to happen

• Brohoof 3

Perhabs if its outside of the mane six it would be okay(Hell big mac and cher were a great idea but fluttermac still raged)

Also even if the kids won't care there will still be parents who do. Also MLP might stop airing in the Middle East and some parts of south africa because of gay couples.

Lets not forget what happened to Adventure Time

I wouldn't have anything against it, it would add some depth to the show and romantic character chemistry is always a good source of entertainment :wub:  Buuuuuut, I could see the problem of people complaining if Dash was shipped with any of the mane 6, people might complain that she generalizes tomboys or lesbians :o  Just down to opinion I guess!

(edited)

If FlutterDash became canon, (which it won't) I'd die immediately.

Seriously, that'd make me the happiest little filly in all of the cities.

Yep, FlutterDash seems like the closest to canon already, and the most likely to work in the long run. AppleDash never has sat well with me, due to Applejack being a stationary type and Rainbow being a traveler type. However, with the amount of drama this fandom makes over every little thing, it would probably be better to keep the mane 6 single, even though I would be insanely happy with FlutterDash.

Something like RariShy might be smarter though, because Rainbow is just too universally shippable, so nomatter who you put her with, you'll be sinking more ships than you sail, and probably result in a net loss of fans/money.

Mostly I just don't want them to bring in new characters like Flash Sentry to pair with the mane 6. That just sinks ships and doesn't satisfy anybody in the process.

Edited by dekutree64

If any of the homosexual fan shipping were to happen then it would create the shitstorm to end all shitstorms as it would dwarf all other fandom controversies ten fold. Rightly or wrongly alot of people don't like homosexuality and alot of people are uncomfortable having sexuality in general in childrens shows, maybe it should be that way maybe it shouldn't but it will probably be a long time before that changes.

I am not a major shipper but I will admit that this show for some reason seems to bring that side out of me and there are a few ones that if done right have a good shot of working but while I don't mind romance in the show I don't think it should be given an inordinate amount of focus as we have plenty of fanfics that do a good job of that already. This is not to say I don't think any of the main or secondary character should get into relationships but I think they shouldn't be put into relationships just to be put into relationships either even if it does happen to be one of my favorite ships.

If SoarinxDash came true, I'd be so happy. :D I just love the shipping; they'd be so cute together! But I don't really like homophobic ships.. But I kind of like Bon Bon x Lyra. :3

• Brohoof 1

Perhabs if its outside of the mane six it would be okay(Hell big mac and cher were a great idea but fluttermac still raged)

Also even if the kids won't care there will still be parents who do. Also MLP might stop airing in the Middle East and some parts of south africa because of gay couples.

Lets not forget what happened to Adventure Time

I dont watch Adventure Time, what happened there?

And more on topic, its true that a little shipping would be nice, but there are issues with putting it in, partly because of us, partly because of overprotective, homophobic parents.

The homophobic parents would freak out if there was gay shipping going on and many would probably file lawsuits. (Its stupid, but probably true.)

And as for us, well no matter what ship they would put into the show, there would be massive outrage from people who don't ship that ship, or ship one of the characters with a different one, I know I would be upset if Flutters was cannon shipped with anyone but Gilda (even though I know that would never happen in the cannon.)

(edited)

I'm not against seeing same sex pairings, but Rainbow Dash is probably the last pony they should consider putting in a relationship as far as mane 6 shipping go

Personally, if there was any mane 6 shipping I'd love to see canon, it would be TwiJack. They just seem tohave the perfect chemistry in the show.

That said, I can't see them canonizing mane 6 shipping without the fandom having a meltdown, let alone soccermoms blowing a gasket

Edited by Godot

I'm not gonna talk about overprotective parents and Fox hating us again but about the fandom itself.

Because this would be the perfect opportunity, for so many of us - since we seem to like to say that, oh so often - to say once again

"I'M GONNA LEAVE THE FANDOM!"

And just because FlutterDash became canon and not AppleDash. Ugh.

Seriously, I hope this will never happen. Let them introduce new characters (but not necessarily for homosexual relationships, even though I think that would be really progressive, but the shitsorms, you know) or use what they already have. I don't need too strong romance subplots, but we already have Shining Armor and Cadance.

And if one shipping becomes canon it should be the only one that has at least more basis than just two characters getting along well with one another. Sparity.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It wouldn't be bad.

After all, if Sparity is canon, most people will be like 'Cool' and move away. If Octavia and Vinyl became canon, then nopony would be pouting. We would be partying.

Edited by Shift

What do you want the show to be canceled or something? That being said, I would love if TwiDash became canon but at the same time I don't think it should happen. We don't want to divide the fandom more so than it already is.

Getting the mane 6 into a relationship wouldn't be good for the fandom. Just imagine the twicorn drama only much bigger and it wouldn't end as fast.

However, if one of the side characters were homosexual than I would be fine with that. Just as long as they don't shoehorn a new character just to get someone into a relationship I'll be fine. *Glares at EQG*

No, thank you. We've seen AJ and RD be good friends in multiple episodes and comics, however, I would be horrified if a homosexual relationship were to pop up in the show.

We already have Sparity, FlashLight, and FlutterCord. What more do we need?

No, thank you. We've seen AJ and RD be good friends in multiple episodes and comics, however, I would be horrified if a homosexual relationship were to pop up in the show.

Oh god why. This is why I hated Keep Calm and Flutter On. Fluttershy beinng shipped with the Lizard version of him form Powerpuff girls. atleast him was fabulous 

• Brohoof 1

Wait when was fluttercord even hinted at? They spent time together yeah, but that dosen't mean they liked each other. Flutterdash is more canon they futtercord is.

I'm the one who don't want to see any homo and other sexuality in MLP. I also don't want more love stories like this with SA and Cadence.

This show is about friendship, so let it be about friendship. Leave the shipping thing to fandom.

We already have hetero relationships in the series, which simply can't be avoided if we want to show something about family or love - hetero is more common, deal with it.
Little children don't care about sexuality, they don't understand it anyway.

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't be ok with it if it became canon. Angry mobs of parents would sue Hasbro for teaching their young kids about homosexuality. Plus that's just not something that should be included in a cartoon except for adult ones.

I would love to see some SoarinxDash at least since it's a popular shipping it'll probably go down well with the fandom but just look at the outrage from TwixFlash! So many people are mad because Hasbro shipped Twi with a random rocker dude. I think he's pretty cool but he just doesn't seem right for Twi. I prefer a smarter guy for her, I would have liked it better if he had been replaced by Soarin. So shipping random new guys with the Mane 6 isn't a good idea.

Anyway even though I would love to see that shipping I still think that a kid's show based on friendship shouldn't include alot of romance. ShiningxCadance was nice but personally I think that's as far as Hasbro's willing to go.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

img-1695312-1-3ox8qs.jpg

Recently I've accepted, and then gone onto like the shipping of AppleDash. Reasons? They're just too... Perfect. Many will say that there is a minimal amount of chemistry between the to in the show, but I think that's just the shipper's imagination. But, you know, obviously that's the fan explanation. What's the real reason this might be a good idea? Also, I'll point out that I'm not homophobic, so why should I have any reason to dislike the shipping?

I'm sorry, but what are you even getting at? Not only have you failed to bring forth any evidence, but your argument is self-defeating. 'They're Perfect' is not a reason, it's an opinion. What's more, you go on to dismiss this opinion by stating that 'a minimal amount of chemistry' is but 'the shipper's imagination'.

And while I agree that showing same-sex couples in kid's shows goes a long way to make them socially acceptable, this doesn't prove that Appledash works. It merely suggests that a pairing, whether between the Mane 6 or some background characters, would be helpful in shifting public opinion.

Now, as for Twidash coming true, I'm indifferent. I mean, if it does, that's great! You wouldn't see me complaining. But if it doesn't? I honestly couldn't care. I have better things to worry about than whether my preferred pairing on a show is justified by canon.

Furthermore, I don't think I'd mind who got shipped. Would I be disheartened if a different -dash ship is considered canon? Yeah, but it'd still go a ways to support same-sex couples, which in the end is only a good thing. It matters not who gets shipped, but if someone gets shipped.

Edited by Durandal

(edited)

We already have hetero relationships in the series, which simply can't be avoided if we want to show something about family or love - hetero is more common, deal with it.

Little children don't care about sexuality, they don't understand it anyway.

Little children don't understand sexuality because it is never explained to them. All they get about it is what they see from their parents, and what they see on the media, which is primarily hetero because no one is willing to put a homosexual relationship in a childrens show. Personally I think a homosexual relationship needs to be displayed in childrens entertainment sooner rather than later. I'm not saying it should be MLP (I really wouldn't mind if it was though) but I do believe it should happen. You're correct though that children don't care about sexuality, which is exactly why it should be explained to them at a younger age so that they can accept all human sexualities as natural. How much homophobia would occur in high school if we all learned about homosexuality at young age rather than have it thoroughly explained to us in middle school (I don't know about everyone else I wasn't taught about homosexuality until middle school health class. I knew about it beforehand because my uncle is gay but imagine how many kids didn't know about until that point. I'd imagine the kids who didn't are more likely to be homophobic. I don't know if that's factual or not though) where we've already accepted heterosexuality and the normal and expected sexuality. 

Anyways with that little rant of why children should be taught about homosexuality at a young age, I do think a homosexual shipping in MLP would work rather well, at least with my personal ships. Really we only have two official ships in the show so far, those being Mr. and Mrs. Cake and Shining and Cadence. Sure, CherMac has been hinted at but it never really became official, FlashTwi (which I despise by the way) was in Equestria Girls which has been stated as non-canonical to FiM (thank god) but other than that we really don't have many pairings in the show. As for AppleDash, I see the shipping there I do, but I much prefer RariJack (not a popular one, probably due to the sleepover episode, but I love Much Ado About Nothing ships, where they start out hating each other) and FlutterDash.

(Sorry if my writing seems rushed and a bit disconnected, which it would, seeing as I wrote this in a rush with a bunch of thoughts running through my head. Forgive me.)

Edited by jackw545

@@Rappy0,

Keep Calm and Flutter On is the canon episode where FlutterCord was hinted at. Did you see all the ponies, even Celestia, blush and look the other way when Fluttershy held Discord's hand?

Also, FlutterDash isn't real, because if you look at the frames individually, you'll see it was nothing. No one at Hasbro would ever, ever confirm it, even if it was real.

If some of the fan shippings came true, the children wouldn't really know what's going on until they see some signs of a relationship. So, I would just die if FlutterDash came true.