Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dsanders

I'm still really surprised at how practically everypony here is getting into a relationship so...um quickly now. I'll add you two to the list. But just remember, be careful, be patience, and most of all make sure you two really get to know and trust each other. Being in a relationship is great, but you can't rush things.

I'd like to second some of the thoughts posted by Dsanders here. I've had a few whirlwind encounters with women online myself. It's easy, very easy, to get caught up in the excitement of meeting someone new and finding out you have a whole bunch of common interests, values, and dreams for the future. But I know not to start a romance with somebody based on heat of the moment feelings. It's very important to get to know one another as well as possible. In addition to love, a very deep level of honesty and trust is also required for success.

Anyway, mini-rant from a 42 year-old onlooker aside, welcome to the forums Lightfire and best of luck to you and Chikorita! biggrin.png

Edited by ~Chaotic Wingnut~
  • Brohoof 7

@@Dsanders,

see? like I said before, this thread can be a cute experience for all the members here, both for the hooked up and the single ones, but also it might turn into the reminder of a break up, especially the ones that end up badly, and really, in my opinion those things should remain intimate and private between the 2 people that were into a relationship.

You're complaining about the people "wishing others to break up or expecting them to do so" but it doesn't matter if they do wish for that, when it happens, I think it's embarrassing for the people that were in a relationship, that's how celebrities and papparazzi works. They get something embarrassing about them and sell it to the consumers, because they enjoy trespassing others private lives with morbid details.

I'm not asking you or anyone to do anything differently with this thread, I'm just trying to be self consious about how things really are. People break up here, others "feed" from the news. Simple.

• Brohoof 3

@@Dsanders,

see? like I said before, this thread can be a cute experience for all the members here, both for the hooked up and the single ones, but also it might turn into the reminder of a break up, especially the ones that end up badly, and really, in my opinion those things should remain intimate and private between the 2 people that were into a relationship.

You're complaining about the people "wishing others to break up or expecting them to do so" but it doesn't matter if they do wish for that, when it happens, I think it's embarrassing for the people that were in a relationship, that's how celebrities and papparazzi works. They get something embarrassing about them and sell it to the consumers, because they enjoy trespassing others private lives with morbid details.

I'm not asking you or anyone to do anything differently with this thread, I'm just trying to be self consious about how things really are. People break up here, others "feed" from the news. Simple.

Exactly. People aren't hoping for any break ups. It's just that a lot of relationships, especially online ones, tend to end in failure, and the presence of this public announcement and celebration of relationships can result in even more pain for people after their break ups.

• Brohoof 1

Auron here, I reckon its only fitting that I tell my side of this triangle of love. Also, @, we'll always love ya,

I first chatted with @@~Master~ Button Mash,  and @,  a few months ago. We were both in a roleplay group and we had a lot of chemistry in our first rp. None of us really thought it through when we first started. There were alot of misunderstandings and the occasional, "who was that to?" moments. When we had finished with the rp, we began to talk to each a lot and we really got to know each other.  The next day we began talking to each other separately while still engaging in group roleplays. This was around the time of Bronycon. Stratos and I mentioned that we were going to Bronycon and decided to share rooms. Meanwhile, all of us started to feel things for one another. For me, Rena was there when I needed an ear and his romance driven rps reminded me of what i really wanted in a relationship.  Also, Stratos too was always there for me, and our constant joking went deeper once we met at Bronycon.  While me and Stratos had fun at Bronycon, I couldnt help but to think about Rena. I had talked to him while at bronycon and admitted to wishing he was there with us. Soon after bronycon was over and me and Stratos parted ways, I became torn between the two. Did I like Stratos? Or did i like Rena? I became easily irritated as i struggled to settle on one.  A few weeks after Bronycon, we were still conversing with each other. Soon the topic of boyfriends and romance and stuff came up. I ignored the twos responses, not wanting to deal with the drama that would ensue. Weeks later I got a message from Stratos asking me what i thought about Rena. I told him my feelings about him. When he responded that he felt the same way, my heart sank. Was this going to be a battle for him? I thought so, until Stratos asked me how I felt about him.  Hours passed before i responded to him. My heart racing and my brain filled with heavy thoughts. I took the chance of saying, "I like you as well." fearing for the worst i waited for Stratos' response. I was further emotionally burdened when he replied, "I like you too." I became more irritated as I suck at dealing with relationships. Soon i was added to a group. A group of only the three of us. It was there that everything was out in the open. At the time, I sought out the use of an evil but easy way out when dealing with reality. In my state, i told them both how i loved there company and could not pick between them.  Soon the most bizarre reply was posted on skype. Stratos wrote: "Why not try for a three way relationship?" I instantly said yes followed and we all agreed. From then on we have been by each other’s side, supporting one another and giving each one the same amount of attention.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@@Dsanders,

see? like I said before, this thread can be a cute experience for all the members here, both for the hooked up and the single ones, but also it might turn into the reminder of a break up, especially the ones that end up badly, and really, in my opinion those things should remain intimate and private between the 2 people that were into a relationship.

You actually made a lot of good points there Motion Spark. The same goes for the others who have shared their thoughts and criticism respectively. And after spending some time thinking about it, I agree. Such publicity may be very detrimental for the couples on here for if and when they break up. Honestly it's thoughts like that that make me feel just terrible. :(

So here's what I'm thinking. Not sure how beneficial this would be, but I think this simple fix would at least help lessen the overexposure and unnecessary publicity of the couples here.

How would you guys feel if I took down the official couples list?

Edited by Dsanders

People break up here, others "feed" from the news. Simple.

dem changelings

The list on the fist post? Well, I don't really care, but that will deteriorate the usefulness of this thread, even though we still can just share romance stories here.

Edited by Sky Warden
  • Brohoof 1

You actually made a lot of good points there Motion Spark. The same goes for the others who have shared their thoughts and criticism respectively. And after spending some time thinking about it, I agree. Such publicity may be very detrimental for the couples on here for if and when they break up. Honestly it's thoughts like that that make me feel just terrible. sad.png

So here's what I'm thinking. Not sure how beneficial this would be, but I think this simple fix would at least help lessen the overexposure and unnecessary publicity of the couples here.

That wouldn't really change much. Break ups and couples would still be displayed publicly in the thread itself. Also, why are we not on the list?

Auron here, I reckon its only fitting that I tell my side of this triangle of love. Also, @, we'll always love ya,

I first chatted with @@~Master~ Button Mash,  and @,  a few months ago. We were both in a roleplay group and we had a lot of chemistry in our first rp. None of us really thought it through when we first started. There were alot of misunderstandings and the occasional, "who was that to?" moments. When we had finished with the rp, we began to talk to each a lot and we really got to know each other.  The next day we began talking to each other separately while still engaging in group roleplays. This was around the time of Bronycon. Stratos and I mentioned that we were going to Bronycon and decided to share rooms. Meanwhile, all of us started to feel things for one another. For me, Rena was there when I needed an ear and his romance driven rps reminded me of what i really wanted in a relationship.  Also, Stratos too was always there for me, and our constant joking went deeper once we met at Bronycon.  While me and Stratos had fun at Bronycon, I couldnt help but to think about Rena. I had talked to him while at bronycon and admitted to wishing he was there with us. Soon after bronycon was over and me and Stratos parted ways, I became torn between the two. Did I like Stratos? Or did i like Rena? I became easily irritated as i struggled to settle on one.  A few weeks after Bronycon, we were still conversing with each other. Soon the topic of boyfriends and romance and stuff came up. I ignored the twos responses, not wanting to deal with the drama that would ensue. Weeks later I got a message from Stratos asking me what i thought about Rena. I told him my feelings about him. When he responded that he felt the same way, my heart sank. Was this going to be a battle for him? I thought so, until Stratos asked me how I felt about him.  Hours passed before i responded to him. My heart racing and my brain filled with heavy thoughts. I took the chance of saying, "I like you as well." fearing for the worst i waited for Stratos' response. I was further emotionally burdened when he replied, "I like you too." I became more irritated as I suck at dealing with relationships. Soon i was added to a group. A group of only the three of us. It was there that everything was out in the open. At the time, I sought out the use of an evil but easy way out when dealing with reality. In my state, i told them both how i loved there company and could not pick between them.  Soon the most bizarre reply was posted on skype. Stratos wrote: "Why not try for a three way relationship?" I instantly said yes followed and we all agreed. From then on we have been by each other’s side, supporting one another and giving each one the same amount of attention.

Aww, well put wink.png I'll have to share my side of things soon laugh.png

(edited)

That wouldn't really change much. Break ups and couples would still be displayed publicly in the thread itself. Also, why are we not on the list?

Nonetheless, it would still be a change. Not a big one, but still a little change nonetheless. And I'll put you three on the list soon. Still contemplating on whether or not I should even keep it.

What do you think?

Edited by Dsanders

Nonetheless, it would still be a change. Not a big one, but still a little change nonetheless. And I'll put you three on the list soon. Still contemplating on whether or not I should even keep it.

What do you think?

I think the change would be negligible and it would defeat the purpose of this thread to begin with if you take down the list. If you do, the mods might as well merge this thread with any of the big romance-oriented threads.

• Brohoof 1

taking out the list would probably kill the purpose of this thread, on the good side, the list actully helped me to know that some of my good friends were hooked up laugh.png  

that was quite the surprise! that's the positive  side of the list, however I'm not going to recommnend you anything, you're free to remove the list if you want.

are you trying to tell us that you are part of a threesome? DX

I just saw such a thing on TV, just twice! one of the was MTV's true life, where they displayed the lives of 2 threesomes relationships, 1 with 3 guys, and one with 2 girls and 1 guy I think it was. The thing is that I'm rather impressed how things really turned out and that you 3 agreed to be together haha! congratulations! laugh.png

• Brohoof 1

Still contemplating on whether or not I should even keep it.

No. Forget the previous edit. Why don't you just add it to a spoiler? It won't be a kind of a hall of shame people will read instantly when they come to the thread.

Edited by Sky Warden

Nonetheless, it would still be a change. Not a big one, but still a little change nonetheless. Still contemplating on whether or not I should even keep it.

I vote for keeping it. Here's the thing. Everybody on that list asked to be put there. The know at the time that there is no guarantee their relationship will succeed. They knowingly assume that risk when requesting to have their couplehood posted. Besides, the hassle of having their names removed and any ensuing discussion is minor compared to the sense of loss from the breakup itself.

There are other couples in the forum that, for whatever reason, have not asked to be announced. They don't need or want the publicity. And if I were to become involved with someone here (unlikely but never say never) I wouldn't want us to be advertised either. Personally, I don't like having a big fuss made over me. ^^;

In the end, it comes down to personal choice for people to have their names boldly displayed here or not. smile.png

Edited by ~Chaotic Wingnut~
  • Brohoof 3

Oh it's so cute to look at all these names as couples happy.png Even cuter when it's people I know. The thing is, some of these are inactive on the forums, how are you gonna know if their relationships ends...

I only wish I had someone.. I feel lonely sad.png

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 3

Well then it is settled! I have decided to tag the couples list as a spoiler. That way it won't be "all in your face" to someone coming across this topic's first page.

Thank you guys for giving your respectful inputs and encouragements. :)

• Brohoof 5

I have yet to see mine,Rena's, and Button Mash's names underneath the couples list. Can you do us a kindness and put us on there? Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I've been busy and under some stress these past few days. Haven't really gotten the time to check on this thread till just now. Again my apologies. 

Anyways, congrats. You three have been added on the list. :)

• 2 weeks later...

This thread needs a sense of revival... There's love in the air and we all must support them! It doesn't matter whether they've recently gotten together or broken up! They still need our love!

EXCUSE ME @Dsanders, I HAVE A NEW COUPLE TO PRESENT!!!

@Zhooves's girlfriend will join MLPF soon, and I'll update you on her username! Zhooves specifically asked me to present them to you!

I DEMAND THAT YOU ADD THEM NOW!! biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png 

(Excuse me for Caps Lock. My friend Sterling here got overexcited. That was Sterling speaking.)

Edited by Sterling Crimson
  • Brohoof 1

Eh, oh well. I had a few internet waifus in some other sites, and I have met some very close people here, but then again, the closest ones already have been mentioned. Oh well... I'm a pretty lonely gal anyways. KUDOS to the ones who actually have a couple here and outside of the world, and to those quirky internet relationships.

• Brohoof 1

Dsanders please remove my relationship status with Virulence. 

Apparently I would have a better chance of asking a hooker out. Goodbye.

wat-awsome-6bb61e3b7bce0931da574d19d1d82

Looks like SOMEBODY is pissed off about the recent happenings in their cyber-life. 

Then again, it IS the just the internet and the internet is basically an expansive teenage girl.

• Brohoof 3

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to second some of the thoughts posted by Dsanders here. I've had a few whirlwind encounters with women online myself. It's easy, very easy, to get caught up in the excitement of meeting someone new and finding out you have a whole bunch of common interests, values, and dreams for the future. But I know not to start a romance with somebody based on heat of the moment feelings. It's very important to get to know one another as well as possible. In addition to love, a very deep level of honesty and trust is also required for success.

Anyway, mini-rant from a 42 year-old onlooker aside, welcome to the forums Lightfire and best of luck to you and Chikorita! img-1941540-1-biggrin.png

Thank you and my account can't be recoverd because my email is too long and the recover for password would not accept that email that long and no this account that i'm using right now is not a dupilcate i just wanted too enjoy the forum's agin and yes i used too have my account LightFire but the problem's happened and that explain's right here ^

• 2 weeks later...