Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do You "Look" Like Your Personality?

~Master~ Button Mash

Kind of a hard question to word, but do you outwardly match your personality and identity? When you imagine certain personality traits, you can't help but put a face to them. Well, when you imagine your personality, do you kind of fit what the outward appearance of someone with that personality would have, or is it different?

For example, my outward appearance does NOT match my personality in any way. I'm quiet muscular and gruff looking, which many would think would mean I had a tough personality. But really I'm an extremely sensitive (almost too sensitive) person.

How about you guys?

• Brohoof 1

I don't look like my personality. I look like a guy who seems confident and sort of manly and tough, but I am not in the slightest. I am shy and really nervous about most things. I can't seem to shake off the feeling that I should look different.

Not sure. In some ways I would say yes. I think I look younger than I am and (as my title says)  I am a child at heart, I have a very childlike personality and in some ways my looks compliment that. I am pretty average in terms of appearance though, so I am not completely sure.

Yes, for the most part. I always look angry or just plain exhausted and people know me as a serious person who prefers to actually get things done. I always have black around my eyes which is to be expected of someone who's not a fan of sleep or eating.  I don't smile often either, which goes well with my "serious and calm" personality. But also no as in I'm extremely shy yet people say I look like I want to punch somebody at all times. I have an unnaturally high patience and tolerance but since I always look so angry or annoyed, people don't assume that. 

for the most part: i don't think so.

I have pretty much a gabber appearance (for most dutch standards) and gabbers are (sadly!!!) known for being agressive and hatefull.

eventough gabbers really arn't this at all, people still dislike them. and i actually had a few times when a mother and a small child would rather stand in a bus then sit next to me.

it makes me pretty sad :( i mean, i try to be the most loving person i can be!

Not really. I look more flamboyant and outgoing(Kind of like a new jersey housewive *shudder*) than I actually am, when in reality I am, simply put, a humanized fluttershy. 

I used to really look like my personality but as I get older, I feel as though I have to become more professional, and that's changed my look a LOT. I used to wear baja jackets all the time with yoga pants and moccasins with braids in my hair and no makeup whatsoever. That was pretty much how I spent my high school career: comfy and down to earth. But now that I'm a junior in college, I've had to dress in more professional-like clothing to match my major. No one wants to go to an art therapy session where the therapist looks like she just rolled out of bed. I'm starting to care a little more about what I look like, which makes me feel better about myself, which is nice, of course, but I'm still and forever will be the down to earth hippy chick everyone talked about in high school XD

Kinda im silent and shy like rock and to hang out with my friend

fan of mlp and Im very nice and peaceful im 14 some say I look like adult and sound like one

you be the judge do I look my personality

post-7725-0-81866500-1386106006_thumb.jpg

Edited by xXRainbow dashyXx

No, people say that I look like the opposite of what I am. (A serious person. :derp: )

I am also more loving than I look..... MUST HUG THEM ALL!.... If they don't mind... :squee:

Edited by CrayZ

Pretty much, you see me and you mostly get everything you'd expect. I look way younger than I really am and actually act that way. (Look about 16, actually 21.) Also, people seem to think I look... "smart" and "sophisticated?" (Probably due to my glasses) And well, I could be considered pretty intelligent, I suppose. I do tend to think about things a lot. That and I look pretty nerdy. Which I am! The way I dress also reflects my strange quirky personality, as it has been described as looking a mixture of European and Indian. Off-beat sort of thing that doesn't look like what most girls my age wear.

Although the only thing about my appearance that you'd probably incorrectly judge is my ethnicity. People sometimes expect me to start spouting out some Spanish/English gibberish 'cause I look Hispanic and act like all those stereotypes. (Like a love of dancing or speaking loudly) But I don't like loud noises and whilst I'm okay with dancing, I don't really love it.

I feel like my looks match my personality. Perfectly maintained hair, clear, tanned skin, and the inability to give a sincere smile, just an arrogant smirk. If my personality doesn't convey my conceit, my looks sure do.

Most people think I'm scary because I walk around school silent, with a straight face, blasting music in my headphones. I wear dark clothing and makeup with my hair in front of my face most the time. I'm tall and husky and a lot of people say they wouldn't be surprised if I beat somebody up. Then when you get to know me, I'm a goofball, super nice as long as you're nice to me, I love hugs and making people smile. I would say my looks don't match my personality at all  :P

I think maybe some, look very European, probably because i am 50% Czech and 25% German and the rest is from Europe as well. I don't really share my feelings, i'm really chill with just everybody, i live in a small town. I'm not tall but i'm short I'm like 5'10 150 LBS pretty average. I like to think allot, maybe more then my own good. I would say yeah maybe a little.

Not sure, my personality is shy, introverted, competitive, love cars and driving, try being nice to everyone and rather quiet person. I think that judging from how I look, people probably notice I'm the silent type and I don't look intimidating at all so I guess I may seem like a nice person. So I think I look like my personality, I probably look a bit competitive so I think my answer is yes, I do look like my personality.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

Some stuff about my appearance:

• My normal face makes me either look grumpy, depressed, serious, or tired. All four of those, I kind of am sometimes. Except the serious part. I'm not too serious.
  • Seeing that I have hair on my legs, unshaved ugly mustache, an unplucked ugly unibrow, and other stuff, you can say I'm not metrosexual at all. Well, I consider myself metrosexual, but my mom won't let me care about how I look.
  • My body just yells that I don't work out. True that.
  • Some people say that "I look like a nerd" because I have glasses, the fact I have a body that says I don't work out, and the fact that I don't really fix up my appearance, but I'm definitely not a nerd. I'm very ignorant in a lot of things I should be knowing more about.

Well, I do a lot more now. I didn't really like my appearance before grade 12 because it didn't fit my personality whatsoever. I actually looked rather mean and uninviting to be honest.

I eventually had to wear glasses in grade 12. Don't mind them at all, they've become part of me in a way. I never wear contacts because I don't like what I look like without glasses now. Plus from what I hear, they're a real pain in the rear...

I grew out a beard after I dropped out of journalism in college for Movember and decided to keep it because I liked how it looked. It also made me look more mature, appear more friendly and open, and give the impression that I know what I'm doing (despite often not.)

So yes, with those two things combined now, I think I look a lot more like my personality.

Edited by Celtore

I have no idea. Though I have been told I'm like Dan from Dan VS., Master and Young Xheanort, Solid Snake, and some character from Seinfield and as serious as Batman and creepier than Orochimaru. Which is weird.