Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How much of a misfit do you think you are?

Commander Bubbles

Growing up I was always the kid who didn't get Valentine's on Valentine's Day (it didn't used to be mandatory to give one to everyone), the last picked for any kind of sports, ate lunch alone EVERY day and was subjected daily to physical and emotional violence (pushed down stairs, spit on, called horrible names).  My Mother used to accuse me of being different on purpose (years later she told me she had finally realized that I really don't TRY to be different on purpose).just to get attention. Honestly, though, I always just wanted to be left alone & invisible if people couldn't/wouldn't be nice to me.

As an adult I deal daily with horrible social anxiety. I have managed to hold a job but found myself still eating lunch alone all the time and not ever really finding friends or groups I fit in with. Most of the time I don't mind but sometimes I feel really lonely. I don't know if I will ever really find a place I fit in/belong.  I am grateful for the few friends I DO have and just try to make the best of things.

I am.

I'm generally accepted, but I have practically no friends at school who aren't misfits. I'm a misfit because:

I'm a brony.

I'm fairly shy.

I'm an atheist, where Catholicism is common.

I'm bisexual, and the only male LGBT in my entire school.

I'm awkward, and socially incapable.

I have anger problems.

I'm nerdy.

I don't like COD (LOL)

There are very few places I fit in. If that makes me a "misfit", then I guess I am one. I have only a handful of close friends, including both my online and offline friends. I have trouble socializing at school, mainly because I don't fit in with my age group in the slightest. 

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't say I'm a misfit since I don't stand out, I'm not excluded, and I'm not disliked. Classmates, clients, and coffee shop baristas are usually neutral to friendly and I'm welcomed back. Which doesn't do much for me since, while I don't seem very different, I'm on a completely different social and emotional wavelength than other people, meaning these always remain at a distance. I'm never really "one of them."

Edited by Goblin
  • Brohoof 1

I'm a total misfit, but it is at my own fault. I refuse to act like I own the place. The other part of it being too sensitive. This is so lame, but I am an apology freak. Whenever I feel like I have offended someone, or if I made them upset, or even plainly made fun of them, I say sorry like 20 times before I feel like they are accepting my apology. I have very few interests and I think that makes me a huge misfit also. I only like video games and designing stuff. I am not socially gifted like some people. Whenever I talk, I put an awkward silence in the air. At my highschool, a popular girl called me "the emo kid that never talks". That's all I am to people at my school. The emo kid that never talks, huh? Sigh. Figures. I wish I could show people who I truly am. I just was never able to keep people interested long enough. Monotone, dull, and gothic. That's what I am on the outside. People say "It's what's on the inside that matters", but I don't feel like it does to most people.

At school, I'm enough of a misfit to where no one really knows me, or pays attention to me. I'm just too quiet and small talk is not my forte. But when it come to band, clubs and sometimes even the groups for projects, I feel right at home in a group of misfits.

• 1 month later...

The biggest misfit in the universe?

I'll phrase it the way I have for other people; I feel as though I live on an entirely different plane than the rest of the world

And no one can really connect with me ^^'

I'm trying to figure out a way around it still though

because I'm determined to have friends or something

My interests aren't typical and I guess my way of thinking isn't always either, but it works out. I can blend in, and that's all you really need to do, when you have to.

Other girls in my school wear skinny jeans, popular brand names, and pretty much whatever clothing is hot at the moment and they part their hair.  I just wear boot-cut jeans, shirts from Northface, L.L. Bean(as well as a pair of Bean boots), REI, and a jacket from Tokyo Five and I have bangs (and I occasionally wear collared, button-up shirts).

I'm also a quiet and aloof person with a mild autistic spectrum disorder who prefers books, studying Japanese, and drawing over texting friends and Facebook.  Due to my nature, no one really knows who I am and I don't know them.

Yup, I'm very much a misfit.  At least I have a group of friends who are misfits like me.

Edited by MagicalStarRain

I am a misfit. I don't have friends anywhere near my own age (most of my friends are over 40). I already have a college degree, outright own my own house, and married (and have been for 3 years now), and have no interests in what the majority of peers my own age have. I am only 22.

I have been like this throughout my schooling years. I was considered a prodigy, was offered to skip 4th and 7th grade, and graduated high school with 38 credits when I only needed 24 (I had all my standard credentials taken care of by the end of my sophomore year). I wasn't allowed to skip or graduate early because I was in the foster care system, which to this day pisses me off (I would've gone to college by age 15 instead of sit bored out of my mind in high school).  I hate holding conversations with peers because small talk is stupid, and what a majority of people talk about is frivolous and trite when it comes to "real" conversations.  Unlike my husband, who is a man of little words, I can talk with others when I bring myself down to their level, which means I have to really dumb down what I say, and it's really annoying. This is actually a problem, because I've had to do this so much that I naturally come off as dumb or ditzy, and remain that way in front of others until a "real" topic emerges, and then people are shocked by how intelligent I really am. I really don't like that, because I wish there more of a balance with how I present myself....

Socially, my high school experience was funny looking back. I was the misfit of the outcasts. I was not experimental, I was a 4.0 student, and I did not do anything "risky"....Even among the peers of my Homeless youth group, I was the oddball out (for the same reasons as in high school)....

And my interests...well, I don't watch Tv, and thus cannot talk about the latest, greatest shows (except MLP because I get it online), I am not into sports or fashion, I am not into the latest, greatest Apple/Tech/video game, but I can talk about how ____ is improving the technological advancement of said product genre as a whole because technology overall fascinates me (my personal focus is the Video Game Industry).  I don't care about politics, but I know what's going on. And as far as relationships go, I have offered advise as a mediator, I never pick a side or I just call BS when BS is to be called. Beating around the bush is aggravating to no end.

Edited by Treble Bolt

That's a good question for me....tbh.  However, I really wouldn't consider myself a misfit, b/c I love to join in conversations, but it depends on the crowd.  Most of the ppl over here in NJ are jackasses and cause trouble so i try to stay away from that.

• 3 weeks later...

Of course I am a misfit, I fully recognize this and embrace it. I feel no need to make connections with people when I can tell from the first impression if they're not someone I would like to associate myself with. I've made zero friends since I started (community) college, and I frankly don't even care. I couldn't even relate to them if I tried, so why bother?

Quite frankly, no matter how I look at it, it's everyone else's fault I'm not popular.

Then again, I also have a dis-proportionally large ego, so of course no one I meet can hope to compare. I pity them.

Right, that's enough hyperbolic nonsense for one post. I have my problems, but over-all I am capable of working and interacting with others. In fact, I can be rather helpful, in the sense that I am always willing to help others study or such. But that's just to stroke my ego.

Am I a misfit in (American) Society? Yes, with my eastern and left leaning.

Misfit for being a Brony?  Maybe

Overall I fit in pretty well with my friends however. 

I was never a "misfit". I don't like using that term.

However, I didn't have many friends at all from grade school to the end of high school.

I have a really obnoxious and random sense of humor and some people were creeped out by it. Like, they just thought I was weird.

I think I'm funny, though and I'm not gonna change for anyone. I'm weird. So? Bite me.

Today, I do have a few friends who are awesome and accept my weirdness xD

Lately, I've felt like a huge misfit -_-

I dunno. I'm kinda getting fed up with getting treated like shit here. I sit there, and I try and be positive and shit, try and be nice to everyone and everything, and all people do is talk about me and hate me. I don't know what the hell I'm doing wrong here, but I'm getting sick of it. 

I mean, you try and brush it off, you know? You try to ignore so that way you won't be letting them win, but there's so much hatred for me it seems, and I don't even know a lot of these people. 

If feeling unwanted is being a misfit, I'm definitely there -_-

I dunno, man. Gahh. I feel like such a Debbie Downer saying all of this, you know? I guess I better just get it out there sooner or later -_-

rarity_sad_face_by_w0lfylicious-d6tp5sd.

Lately, I've felt like a huge misfit -_-

I dunno. I'm kinda getting fed up with getting treated like shit here. I sit there, and I try and be positive and shit, try and be nice to everyone and everything, and all people do is talk about me and hate me. I don't know what the hell I'm doing wrong here, but I'm getting sick of it. 

I mean, you try and brush it off, you know? You try to ignore so that way you won't be letting them win, but there's so much hatred for me it seems, and I don't even know a lot of these people. 

If feeling unwanted is being a misfit, I'm definitely there -_-

I dunno, man. Gahh. I feel like such a Debbie Downer saying all of this, you know? I guess I better just get it out there sooner or later -_-

img-2492588-1-rarity_sad_face_by_w0lfyli

You shouldn't think you aren't liked for what you do just because of a few jerks.

I know I used this picture for my side of the vote yesterday, but that was when everything was fun and civil. Now it serves another purpose. 

RIAZK.png

You shouldn't think you aren't liked for what you do just because of a few jerks.

I know I used this picture for my side of the vote yesterday, but that was when everything was fun and civil. Now it serves another purpose. 

RIAZK.png

Well, I mean, the problem is I just know people are always talking about me behind my back. People are even slandering me on YouTube -_- I just don't know how much more I can put up with, you know? I feel so...unwelcomed. I'm questioning why I even come back here day after day, just to be around these people who I know hate me -_-

Well, one of the few drawbacks to being "forum famous" (meaning that you are one of the most well-known posters on this site) is that there are always going to be people like the ones who talk badly behind your back. It's also one of the drawbacks of the internet in general. Every forum has it's Douchey Jerkface McAsshat the Third, Esq. who ends up as the spark for all of the sociopaths and malcontents. Anyways, I'm sure I don't have to tell you that on this site, especially, for every vapid shell account spreading stupid lies about you, there are ten members ready to stand up for you and say "ghostie is my bud". All you have to do is look at the favorite member or nicest member thread or others like them. I've only been here a little over a month, but I got the lay of the land pretty quick and it was "ghostfacekiller is the guy". 

• Brohoof 1