Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lack of opposite gender: Does it happen to you?

RainbowMau

Oh crap! This topic?! Here I go again: :o 

Here's my answer to the question. Yes!! In real life definitely. And the fact that I have no more friends now makes this even more intense. :(

In particular, ones who have Asperger's or HFA and at the same time, are around my age. It's now getting to the time where I crave female companionship and only limiting myself to females for social contact. And I prefer one on one because I suck at group meetup talk.

But all hope isn't lost since I have a family and some psychologists who are willing to help me hook up with one because my disability makes it hard for me to do it alone without help.  ;) 

I love having either around. I have women friends who can be the funnest and easiest to talk to but at the same time it's easier to relate to a guy of similar interest. I may not be the best at picking up women but they can be great friends to have. I guess it just depends on the day with me.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............I have a few close guy friends..................I've known them forever..........and we all live quite some distance from one another.....................but if I'm in a group or at a gathering I tend to get along much better with women...............I'm like the over used best gay friend cliché without being gay............*shrugs*.................I get along fine with men. but usually if the conversation gears towards "small' talk I don't say much..............if they make sex jokes........even at my age........and I joke back........they can't seem to handle it..............oh well...................

Toodles...............

Edited by The Professor
  • Brohoof 1

We are a total of 30 people in my art class. Of those 30, 4 of them are boys - myself included. The rest are girls, obv.

:P

Edited by Guest

Welp.  I go to a women's college.  With a few exceptions (we do admit genderqueer people and AFAB men), I am constantly surrounded by women--and I love it. 

• I can be as unhappy as I want without anybody asking me whether I'm on my period or telling me to smile.
  • No need to be ladylike.  But if you want to be ladylike, nobody's about to call you a girly-girl or whatever.
  • I don't have to worry about grossing out the boys!
  • So.  Much.  Cuddling.  If you need it.  If you don't, everyone's equally prepared to have a rigorous academic debate.
  • Everyone cares so much about their studies and passions that they are willing to sacrifice most male contact for four years.
  • Solidarity.  Chicks* before dicks!

*and assorted marginalized gender identities

It's funny, 'cause my sister's going to a tech school so she's got the opposite.  I think we're both pretty happy though.

I spend my time more with other guys but it doesn't differ that much from the time I spend with girls, I guess it's about 60/40. I get along with both genders pretty well. As long as you're a chill person, I'll end up liking you anyway.

In person, all of my close friends are guys. I have a small number of female friends online, but that's about it.

I'm able to communicate with women as well as I can with men for the most part, but I guess I don't talk to them as readily since I'm a bit more nervous around them than I am around men.

• 3 years later...

Well, I don't have many friends IRL, so I guess I'll never know. I'm always afraid of social interaction.

But I think gender doesn't really matter that much to me. What matters is their personality, interests and how they act overall.

• Brohoof 1

At work I'm surrounded predominantly by females. Lots and lots of females. There are a few men around but not nearly as many. Once I get home it's a little more balanced; even though many of my friends are female, there's more of a male presence to tip the scales. 

Nope, I've always been one of the guys online and offline. Really, it's the lack of same gender that happens to me. My interests are "boyish" and I get along with guys much better than girls, but... part of me secretly wishes I was "girlier" and have a best friend who is also a girl.

I haven't talked to any girls in quite a while but that's more circumstantial than me not engaging them or vise versa. I'm pretty easy to talk to but it just usually ends up that I get along with guys much better

Edited by Olly

• 2 months later...

Honestly, most if not all my best friends are guys. I guess just because I feel more relaxed and comfortable around guys, they aren't (for the most part) judgemental drama queens like most girls are. :yeahno: Don't get me wrong, I've met some pretty cool girls before but that's a rare thing to come by. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt

• 2 months later...

It doesn't happen so much. Most of my coworkers are women and at a job I had shortly before this one, they were about 70%. Their gender doesn't matter much because I don't interact much at work. I just go there and do my thing. There's zero chance of having to deal with customers and I have no intention of getting into a romantic relationship.

On 4/12/2019 at 9:52 PM, Lucky Bolt said:

Honestly, most if not all my best friends are guys. I guess just because I feel more relaxed and comfortable around guys, they aren't (for the most part) judgemental drama queens like most girls are. :yeahno: Don't get me wrong, I've met some pretty cool girls before but that's a rare thing to come by. 

Lol, you sound like my sister. I'm half-expecting to hear someone say she's sexist towards women one of these days :laugh:

Most of the friends I've had are male, so I'm definitely more used to being around them. Gender really doesn't make too much of a difference to me in the long run, as long as you aren't a douche.

(edited)

I don't really have a lot of interactions outside of, well... outside of here, with you guys on the forums, and with my coworkers at work. That being said, there's only one female soldier in my troop, and two in my unit. Considering that I only have two really good friends in the troop, and one of them is one of the two females, I'd say I have this problem a lot. :v

On 4/13/2019 at 10:52 AM, Lucky Bolt said:

Honestly, most if not all my best friends are guys. I guess just because I feel more relaxed and comfortable around guys, they aren't (for the most part) judgemental drama queens like most girls are.

Gotta say, it's the exact opposite for me. Most of my best friends are girls, with only one exception. The reason for that is that almost all the guys I know always try to one-up each other with manliness or cars or money or whatever the fuck, and it's annoying.

Girls are just more chill. :P

Edited by Meson Bolt

• 9 months later...

In university literally surrounded by women like almost only women so I'm like working on my game talking to all the cuties yeah I mean I don't say whatever but I do have a lot of women there. Most girls though they are nice so I prefer it but bois are definitely also very funny so you know I'm more around girls haha so you know.

In school there's only one girl in my class, but in my language school class I'm the only boy among 7 girls

So I guess things are balanced

• Brohoof 1

On 6/22/2014 at 4:35 AM, RainbowMau said:

Does it happen the same to you? No matter if youre a guy or a girl.

Gender shouldn't matter, when you have a friend. If you feel lonely while still having friends, it could be you are looking for something else than friendship.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

In real life I have 3 good friends. None of which are of the female persuasion. I thought I had a fourth one. Then she showed me how much I meant to her by not inviting me to her wedding or even telling me about it. So there’s that.

55AF58B8-F933-44E4-9798-B475A421D1EF.jpeg.53c4f7aa6c1a6d8be89da3698fc67b0a.jpeg

Edited by Stone Cold Steve Tuna
Cage Claim
  • Brohoof 1