Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you want to like, but can't

Odyssey

Dealing with other people...  I just can't...  I have this typical approach towards people of "state your business and be on your way", if a conversation is about anything like small talk or whatever I'm typically lost.  I just hate small talk, I might try to do it every so often but it just feels like one of those things you want to get over with, you know?

Boiled Vegetables(especially peas) my mum has this habit of getting veggies, boiling them and calling it dinner.  To me though, they have no flavour and I'm not about to go and slap some salt on it or anything.  Give me some grilled carrots and I'm happy(sadly we don't have a grill).  The only boiled vegetable I can stand is sweet corn.  Other than that my typical conversations with my mum when she's at the stove:

Me: oh hey, what're you making?

Mum: boiling some potatoes and some pierogies, want some?

Me: pierogies sound good, besides that I'll just make a sandwich...

Mum: why no potatoes?

Me: because I can

Mum: you're avoiding the question...

Me: because I can...

This fandom sometimes. There are some really nice people here, but at times some people take the show too seriously. At the end of the day, it's a cartoon!  ^_^ No need to raise your blood pressure over it.

Oh, and most pets. I don't know why, but cats/dogs don't appeal to me. Kittens look evil, scratch up everything and puppies just poop everywhere. No thank you! I'll just look at them from a distance. 

I wish I liked cooking from scratch so that I'd be more motivated to make my own meals, but I just don't like it. At all.

Black Coffee- I love coffee, but with cream and sweetener, or in those expensive frozen/iced concoctions. I know that there is a lot of character in all the different types of coffee, but I just cant drink it black

I think I can say "everything that I don't like". Mainly when it comes to media. I would like to be someone who likes everything ^^

Unless it involves harming myself or other people. I don't want to like that. :P

I would like to like anime, but I can't. I can't because I am so scared of anime :( :(. I want to be able to like it because a lot of my friends like it :(

Doctor Who. I honestly don't understand, it's so boring to me !

Doctor who's fun at times. But what I don't understand is the community. Its like Vatican I dark ages with them. Its either you like the show or get out of the fandom. Very unlikable people who can't take any criticisms towards their favorite doctor. Overly defensive to the point where they would actually threaten to pizza bomb you or send you death threats when you just happened to dislike a certain doctor infront of someone who happens to be his favorite.

• Brohoof 1

Pools, Hot Tubs, and Swimming. Every single pool and Hot Tub has a chemical I'm allergic to. And Oceans are always so cold!

Edited by Januaree

Mexican food, sports, certain video games.. That's all I can think of at the moment. I mean, I love Chinese food. But I have never been crazy about Mexican. I will eat it, and I will say I do like taco salads. But that's about it. Sports.. I do not see the point. I am not competitive and could care less what certain things mean. Video games.. I LOVE Pokemon. I have a Gameboy Advance SP and played Leaf Green non-stop. But, when it comes to X-Box games or really intense ones, nah. I'll stick to Pokemon or my Rugrats Playstation game.lol.

Doctor who's fun at times. But what I don't understand is the community. Its like Vatican I dark ages with them. Its either you like the show or get out of the fandom. Very unlikable people who can't take any criticisms towards their favorite doctor. Overly defensive to the point where they would actually threaten to pizza bomb you or send you death threats when you just happened to dislike a certain doctor infront of someone who happens to be his favorite.

I love Doctor Who a lot, and I will admit some of the community can overreact. In my experience and opinions, it tends to be the fans who like Matt Smith whom do this. It's one reason I do not really like Matt. He is alright, and he is still the Doctor though. Matt Smith fans tend to lash out at the David Tennant fans. I do not really know why and hate it, but eh. I just like the show. In this instance, I do not necessarily have to LIKE the community that shares it.

C++

Its a strange answer but i hate that language! I can use it but i hate it with an undying passion, to the point that i considered dropping out of university instead of continuing with it, if i didn't hate it so much getting a job in programming, especially game development would be so much simpler.

I want to like Steven Universe but the fandom behind it makes it super hard.

I want to like The Walking Dead, but once you've seen on zombie story, you've seen them all.

I want to like Game of Thrones, but the entire structure is too slow for me.

I want to like you, but you are no good for me

I want to like Itunes new music service, but it recommends music opposite to what I want and plays the same annoying Febreze commercial that makes me want to gouge out my ear drums. 

• Brohoof 1

Now please name a sport that's not dangerous.

Golf....as of 2015 Esports.

Speaking of esports, I can not get into that no matter how much I try. I feel like I could be a 'pro-gamer' but its kinda hard to take that seriously. 

(edited)

The Saw Series. Its a good idea, the movie concept is unique and interesting, the music is Fantastic and the first Movie was brilliant   :D

But all the other parts...i dont know, i dont like the later Gore that this movies have...i still like the twist at every end of this films and the traps and machines itself but the gore....uuhh..no thaaaaaaaanks! I often just look away.

Edited by .hack//RARITY

For me, i really wanted to like Frozen, but the hype (just the thought of a disney princess movie being "hyped" makes me question society) and praise ruined the experience for me. Actually, now that I think about it, all of the recent 3D Pixar films seem to make me feel uneasy. I dunno, its just me. 

Truly, I wish I could get into anime.

A lot of my friends are into it, but i just can't get into it.

Overused answer I know, but yeah.

I want to like Steven Universe but the fandom behind it makes it super hard.

I know you literally just said you can't get into the show, but truly, it's worth it. It has quite a storyline for what it is, the characters grow as everything else does.

The show just works for me, I don't know why.

But I can understand the fandom being annoying at times.

You know what I'd like to be into? I'd like to find a modern band that makes music I love, not just like. Most music today, I'm O.K. with it, but I want a band or artist that I like so much I have an excuse to go see them in concert. But alas, all the bands I like that much have been reduced to a bunch of old geezers by now.

As a side note, I'd like to get into some form of brony music as well. It just doesn't do anything for me right now.

Otherwise, I'm pretty happy as I am.

CS:GO

I love competitive gaming, but CS:GO is just one of those games I can't stand. Exploitable recoil patterns, awful community, the shit silvers and golds get, and the simple fact that I have to sit through hours of excruciating casual play holds me back from enjoying it.