Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you want to like, but can't

Odyssey

Destiny: It's a game that had so much potential and you can see it. The graphics are great, the gunplay is solid and the mechanics could have been amazing. Instead we got a shell of a game that was gutted for DLC and corporate greed. Activison destroyed it and it makes me hate the game, as much as I want to like it.

Most Anime: Attack on Titan is a special exception to this, to me most anime is cliched and irritating. I do absolutely love Attack on Titan though.

Nintendo: At this point, they are making it veeeeeeeery difficult for me to like them.

X-Box One - I tried to like it, but I love the X-Box 360 more, because it is simpler for me to use, the X-Box One is difficult and complicated to use, I might as well just use my PC for all intrinsic purposes.

If it is any help, the Xbox One is getting a massive UI overhaul later this year.

• Brohoof 1

Fallout : Yep, I dont like it. I have tried to like it. I have. But I just find the gameplay to be boring and uninspiring. The amazing lore and story design is completely let down due to the game itself. I have spent hours enjoying all the lore around it but I cant spend more than half an hour on one of the games. Same goes for most Bethesda titles...still dont get why everyone loves it all so much.  >_> but really its just my awful opinion soooo  ^_^

This fandom. My experience in this fandom has taught me just how manipulative and conniving people can be to gain a position of advantage no matter who pays for it. In this fandom I've seen a "devout" brony who "swore to" love and tolerate turn his back on me right when I was confiding in him from a position of pain and desperation. When it comes to content produced -- fan art -- but I find too many people being idealistic and talk big but fall completely and utterly flat.

• Brohoof 2

I really wanted to like the latest Spike episode, but the way Spike acted just turned me off too much, I mean it was OK, but it was OK, I kept thinking to myself "what kind of idiot would do this?" "why the hell did Cadence think it was a good idea to put Spike in charge?" "What the hell are you thinking, interrupting important maintenance and recreation just so things can be quiet? How idiotic."

I browsed every page here just to make sure that no one else said this:

People who obsess over celebrities. For example...

I like Hugh Jackman, someone else likes him too. I hear about Prisoners and I don't like story, so I don't see it. The other person just goes to see the movie blindly because Hugh Jackman is in it.

I want to like a celebrity as much as another person, but I can't because of the example scenario above.

(edited)

Pokemon games in general - I'm a huge Nintendo fan, and I really should like these, but I've played almost all the gens, and the only ones I could get into were LeafGreen and FireRed.

The PS4 and Xbox One - The only exclusive that interests me on the PS4 is LBP3, and the only exclusives that interest me on the Xbox One are Forza and maaaayyyyybeee Halo MC Collection.

Edited by Angry Cartoon Nerd

The fandom

I've said it before, there are a lot to like in the fandom, and there's a ton of great people, but there are also a lot of people you just want to reach through the screen and smack them across the head

• Brohoof 2

Anime - I can't seem to get into it, and I am very, very, very picky with anime. Bad experiences with fans in the past doesn't exactly help my case.

Tales of Symphonia - As I said in one thread, I really wanted to like this game and gave it a chance as much as possible. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll ever get into this game, despite the hype and accolades this game gets. The combat system is way too confusing for me.

(edited)

Tabletop/boatd/video games, fanfiction, anime, and brony music. Every time I go to a meetup or convention, those things are the big things everybody talks about and I just am not into it all for some reason...

Edited by The Diver

• 1 month later...

The Playstation 2 - While I don't exactly dislike it, I feel like I want to like it considering it's success and it's predecessor, the PS1, was one of my favorite consoles of all time, yet I feel in many ways it hasn't aged well and not many of the exclusives really interest me. It might just be because I never grew up with it, but at best, I just think it's "decent," not really "great," and it's not one of my Top 10 consoles.

Sonic Adventure 2 - Again, I want to like it, since I like most of the other 3D Sonic games including stuff like Black Knight and Lost World, but this game just bores me after the first stage, plus the soundtrack besides for City Escape and Live and Learn is just.. bleh.

• The Walking Dead- my whole family's into it, but I just couldn't really get into it.
  • Orange Is The New Black- Great show and supporting casts, but I really dislike the main characters/story-lines
  • Skyrim- This game looks really awesome, but I can't get into any Let's Plays of it and I can't play it for the life of me.

Modern style--I tend to go for simple and/or elegant things.

People--I tend to be an idiot.

Food-- I've never liked eating. It's boring.

Drawing-- but only if I've been sitting there for a while and my hands hurt.

Piano--I have a bad experience with pianos.