Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is it easier to be a boy or a girl?

Shankveld

117 users have voted

1. 1. Is it easier being a boy or a girl?

• boy
    • girl

I find it easiest to be a Ditto...

Posted Image

^agreed.

But I've never been a boy, so I can't say.

Though periods are a pain in the ass >.<

"The moon will never lie to anyone. Be like the moon. No one hates the moon or wants to kill it. The moon doesn’t take anti-depressants and never gets sent to prison. The moon never shot a guy in the face and ran away.

The moon’s been around a long time, and has never tried to rip anyone off.

The moon does not care who you are or who you wanna touch or what color you are. The moon treats everyone the same.

The moon never tries to get in on the guest list, or use your name to impress others. Be like the moon.

When others insult and belittle in an attempt to elevate themselves, the moon sits passively and watches, never lowering itself to anything that weak.

The moon is beautiful and reflects the sun’s light brilliantly. It needs no make-up. The moon never shoves clouds out of its way so it can be seen. The moon needs not fame or money to be powerful. The moon never asks you to go to war to defend it.

Be like the moon."

-- Henry Rollins

Edited by Crispy
  • Brohoof 1

Most girls who spend their time on the Internet, as far as I know, don't flail their arms and say, "Look at me I'm a pretty girl and you nerds will never get a chance to talk to a girl IRL so you better settle with meeeeeeee~" I have no idea if I get more or less attention on the Internet simply because I'm a girl. It's like saying that I get more attention IRL just because I'm a girl. I have no way of determining that. And... for the wrong reasons? A lot of the time, if girls get that attention, it's because they post pictures of themselves in suggestive ways or they're extra flirty online. If they get that attention and they don't practically ask for it, they're smart enough to ignore it or even leave the site.

And... if you're on a website that ignores girls just because their girls, you'd better get yourself off that site and find better people to spend your time with. Seriously. Ignore people because they're stupid and/or trolls, not because of their gender.

Yes, well, they don't have to do anything of the sort to get the guys attention. Some people just love to hate on girls online, because they themselves are too weak to resist clicking on their videos. Some guys are two faced type of assholes. They comment "i like your voice" first and the next day they hate on her, because they realized why they actually liked the video. Then maybe they got this mixed feelings and come to a false conclusion that this was the girls plan all along. Yes, all some of the guys need is the voice of a girl to be "fooled" as they are unable to think with their head.

In general, humans give in to instinct easily. Trying to find ways to feel good. (Alcohol, drugs, adrenalin rush). Sure you can completely ignore alcohol if you have the willpower, but the urges we are talking about cannot be just ignored. The way some guys deal with it, however, seems wrong to me. That is the lovely stereotype about men being assholes and treating women as objects.

I think the deciding factor is how you deal with the bad stuff. If you can laugh it off, you got it easy.

When a girl is raped, it is nearly always spun around to be her fault. "Well why was she grocery shopping alone? She should know better than to assume someone wouldn't attack her if she were alone with the sun up or especially after dark. Oh, rapist broke into her house? Well why didn't she scream louder? Fight harder? Make sure all her doors and windows were super locked? Oh she was jogging for exercise and got grabbed? Well, it was her fault for jogging alone." Instead of how it SHOULD be: always the attacker's fault. Period. The end.

Hmm, i think i should comment on this. In some situation, lets say some young teen girl decides to stay out late, because she "wants to have fun" and parents are againts it, it is because they fear that something like this will happen. I believe most teenager (both boys and girls) are completely blind to this perspective or if they aren't, they are simply selfish, not understanding how much it hurts a parent to worry about their child being who knows where.

And the fear is not for nothing. Sure, i never did something stupid on "that level" because i am a freak of nature and some sort of a miracle (truth is, i simply did not see what is so fun about "hanging out" at places where loads of assholes might show up), but my sister attempted to commit suicide, got mugged few times and got beaten up few times.

I mean, i hate my sister, a lot. But even then, if something happens to her, it worries me. I hate that feeling. I wish i could snap and completely ignore all that feeling. I believe that is what would make this life easy.

So in a way, there is a point to people questioning why someone was alone at certain place at certain time. When we hear that something bad happened to someone, we feel sorry for them. But feeling sorry for someone is a horrible feeling to take and we wish to avoid these situations and sometime, somepeople get angry about it. I guess this went a bit off topic. :P

I'd say Boys

Guys are far less backstabbing amongst friends.

we talk or punch we don't go all "Meangirls" style on others.

We can pee standing :P

we don't have to wear "chest underwear"

we don't fear getting raped

those are a few reasons why it's easier for boys IMHO.

• Brohoof 1

Being a man in today's society is MUCH easier. I list many reasons, but it is obvious.

Wait wait wait... thongs are uncomfortable??

This video did remind me of an advantage guys have over girls - and it is one we don't even care about! Guys have naturally thicker fuller eyelashes. :D

• Brohoof 1

Going by straight up physical and anatomical implications, boys definitely have it easier.

In the future, gentlemen of the forums, do not tell your lady that child birth isn't all that bad or painless. Prepare to have your head ripped off.

• Brohoof 4

Both sides have obstacles they must face that the other sex can't understand. Saying one side has it easier than the other is just ridiculous.

I agree. I've never really understood this. From a young age I had a lot of guy friends and girls friends. We're only human, and we both have our ups and downs.

Fearing getting raped? Yeah, haha, no. Guys need to be just as cautious when out alone. It's dangerous no matter what your gender.

I think honestly men have it easier.

It's not to say that you boys don't have your troubles. Of course not. Everyone in this world has to deal with a double standard of sorts.

Though allow me to dispel your fear of periods: They really aren't that bad as they sound. Sure, they sound all scary and you men don't know that much about them, so most guys who hear about it go: "Awww no, I'm going to... run away now because this is woman stuff." It's just some cramps, slight emotionalness, and messiness for a few days. Then it goes away. Really as simple as that. So although it does make things harder on women, it's not this OH MY GOD HORRIBLE THING that some of you seem to think it is.

Childbirth? I don't know anything about. But I would believe it is one of the most painful sensations a human being can feel merely from what I've heard. So... yes, it does make things harder on ladies who DO decide to have children. Those that don't? Well, they're free from that burden. But I must say it does suck pretty hard that a guy just sort of stands there and has little involvement after the conception whilst women have to feel all these things for nine months before culminating in horrendous pain. (I mean, it sucks for the man too. Not just the woman. If the man is a caring father, maybe he wants to be more involved.) And that men can just go around impregnating random women and suffer little ill effects whilst those women have to deal with an entire little human being growing in side of them.

Then yes, there is getting hit on. And treated like a sexual object. And ignored/made fun of/made to feel bad if you don't exactly fit into the high societal standards of beauty. You know what else? You can't really post a picture of yourself on the internet without a bunch of dudes gawking. "But why would you want to do that? Isn't that showing off?" Maybe I just want people to know what I look like. If guys can do it, so can I. But... they don't get gawked at by a bunch of pervy teenage boys. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten hit on on the internet. Even if I don't post the picture, merely the KNOWLEDGE that I am a female gets the minds of boys racing.

Then there's people who take you less seriously on the internet because you're a female. This mostly happens in online video games, which I avoid like the plague. I've noticed that I get treated more nicely and less seriously at times in my authority here for being the only female moderator. People at times even try to hit on me to get out of things. It's ridiculous.

Hell, even in real life, people tend to take females less seriously. It's just a man's world out there. And we've all got to live in it. As Shank have said; women still get paid less by average on the job.

Of course, I understand that you men have it hard too. This isn't to say, again, that you don't have your own double standards to work through. Such as the terrible belief that a man shouldn't display his feelings. Why, just the other day, my boyfriend was berated by his own father for crying to me on the phone. He said it was a "sign of weakness."

There's all the flack you guys get for liking My Little Pony too, and being berated for liking other feminine things. (Which is kind of screwed up if you think about it. A girl being masculine is much more acceptable. But feminine traits are less? Society really seems to look down on femininity.) If you're a homosexual male too, people find it disgusting. If you're a lesbian? Oh, that's just hot and sexy. See? Both genders suffer from these awful double standards.

My overall point: It sucks for both genders, but it's easier (note the modifier. Just because something is easier, doesn't mean it's easy) overall to be a man than it is a woman.

• Brohoof 7

Considering there are still many places in the world where women are still considered property and even in some first world countries where women are subconsciously seen as 'lesser', I would have to say men have it easier.

You can't really post a picture of yourself on the internet without a bunch of dudes gawking. "But why would you want to do that? Isn't that showing off?" Maybe I just want people to know what I look like. If guys can do it, so can I.

Well, I'm glad you posted a picture - that Master Sword is sweet! And I'd say the same thing regardless of gender. /)

And I am disgusted by the paid-less-for-equal-work thing. I was hoping that was history but I guess not.

• Brohoof 1

just pointing out a couple of things

1. period mileage may vary (my last one got my sent home from school because it felt like a flu and i couldn't stand up... happens)

2. girls get kidney stones too (my friend was out of school for like a week ;0;)

3. ditto is not the answer. ditto is an amorphous piece of jello with an identity crisis

4. girls can still be discriminated against for watching my little pony... it's a show for young girls. like, those who are seven.

5. everybody faces sexism

6. some other sixth thing

Even though most people probably voted for the opposite sex just to be all 'life's so hard', I honestly believe that, at least in a school environment, being a girl is easier. No real reason other than that they seem gifted with intelligence, boobs and the ability to not be yelled at for liking my little pony -___-

>gifted with boobs

>boobs

>gifted

>with

U FANI

At the risk of sounding "girly" (heaven forbid! as many of you said, that's the worse thing a man can do! zomg! *note dramatic facetious tone*), here's an area where women have an advantage far as I am concerned - clothing.

As a goth, I actually love dressing up. BUT, as a guy, our clothes are boring. Got shirt and pants, whoopee. To be creative, I can add vest, coat, top hat... monocle would be pushing it (like a Sir!).

However, as a girl, clothing-wise, the sky's the limit. You have entire clothing stores just dedicated to your UNDERWEAR for crying out loud! You can wear everything we can and so much more. You have skirts, gowns, corsets (the ones women like wearing, not talking about the organ-crushing type), chokers, etc etc.

I remember having this discussion with my last gf whenever we would go to a goth clothing store - I would ask her, "why oh why is there always more interesting stuff for YOU and the same boring crap for ME?!"

Then she pointed out this toon:

Posted Image

Guilty! She always was ready before I was... but still! :P

Maybe I should be thankful - less clothing options means less money spent. Though, I am currently eyeing up all those MLP t-shirts...

• Brohoof 1

At the risk of sounding "girly" (heaven forbid! as many of you said, that's the worse thing a man can do! zomg! *note dramatic facetious tone*), here's an area where women have an advantage far as I am concerned - clothing.

As a goth, I actually love dressing up. BUT, as a guy, our clothes are boring. Got shirt and pants, whoopee. To be creative, I can add vest, coat, top hat... monocle would be pushing it (like a Sir!).

However, as a girl, clothing-wise, the sky's the limit. You have entire clothing stores just dedicated to your UNDERWEAR for crying out loud! You can wear everything we can and so much more. You have skirts, gowns, corsets (the ones women like wearing, not talking about the organ-crushing type), chokers, etc etc.

I remember having this discussion with my last gf whenever we would go to a goth clothing store - I would ask her, "why oh why is there always more interesting stuff for YOU and the same boring crap for ME?!"

Then she pointed out this toon:

Posted Image

Guilty! She always was ready before I was... but still! :P

Maybe I should be thankful - less clothing options means less money spent. Though, I am currently eyeing up all those MLP t-shirts...

While I agree that women generally have more choices for clothing as compared to men, I really hope you aren't seriously using this as proof that women are able to go through life easier than women.

Edit: Though, in my experience, there are FAR more MLP shirt options for guys than girls :(

Edited by Inky Milk

While I agree that women generally have more choices for clothing as compared to men, I really hope you aren't seriously using this as proof that women are able to go through life easier than women.

Edit: Though, in my experience, there are FAR more MLP shirt options for guys than girls :(

Of course not! I was just commenting on a female perk. You would need a lot more perks than that to make up for the inequalities.

But yes, I am liking all the guy MLP shirts. :D

Of course not! I was just commenting on a female perk. You would need a lot more perks than that to make up for the inequalities.

But yes, I am liking all the guy MLP shirts. :D

Gotcha, sorry if I sounded a bit snippy :blush:

Gotcha, sorry if I sounded a bit snippy :blush:

Not at all. I am glad you agreed that women have more clothing options. :)

And then I was even happier that you pointed out that we got lucky with MLP shirts. :D

Even though people have different reasons for their choices..... I think GIRLS ARE LUCKY NOT BE CRISTICIZED FOR PONYWEAR. :(

Posted Imageeven though their for toddlers.... lol X)

Edited by Fox

Pretty sure gender has nothing to do with intelligence. But not having to be judged for liking MLP is a pretty nice perk.

I get judged for liking mlp o.o D: ~

Unless you live in some sexist country I would say its about the same. Our entire lives dont revolve around sexual issues (though the internet may think otherwise) that make being male or female different. Our main problems come from economics, goals in life and stuff like that, which are equal for both genders.

How many guys you know can't walk home alone in fear of being drugged or raped? ~

Also note my previous post for first world injustice to women's rights. ~

just pointing out a couple of things

3. ditto is not the answer. ditto is an amorphous piece of jello with an identity crisis

I lol'd ~

• Brohoof 2