Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who wears glasses and why?

Dashie23

I wear glasses since my childhood because my eyes get easily tired. With time my left eye lost good vision of far things and my right eye did the same but for nearer things. So it's some kind of balance. :sealed:

I'm really used to wear glasses. Even if I don't have to wear them everytime, I still get them on my nose any time of the day! Family and friends are not used seeing me without glasses, it's rare, strange even! :ooh:

I wear glasses and contacts because I’m near sighted! Hate having to :(

I generally like wearing contacts more, maybe like, 90% of the time. Glasses are uncomfortable for me, so yeah, contacts it is :D

My parents have brought up lasik surgery for me in the future as an option, but I don’t know if im comfortable with that.

• 2 years later...

I have worn them since I was 1 1/2 because my left eye is not as good as my right eye. Really I don’t need glasses cause it would make more sense to use contacts (my right eye is fine), but I’m so used to glasses and I’m scared of poking my eye out with a contact.

• Brohoof 3

I'm wearing glasses since the first grade because of problems with both eyes. I thought about contacts in future, but decided not to wear them because glasses became a part of me and it's really weird going around without them, also I like my appearance with glasses better

• Brohoof 1

I started wearing them when I was 18. I have not been wearing them lately in the past couple months, because when I go somewhere like to the store, and when I wear a mask with glasses on, they fog up. I really should wear them when I'm at home, but I haven't lately. Whenever then pandemic is over, I will start wearing my glasses again. 

Edited by Zackery Rakes
  • Brohoof 3

7 hours ago, Zackery Rakes said:

I started wearing them when I was 18. I have not been wearing them lately in the past couple months, because when I go somewhere like to the store, and when I wear a mask with glasses on, they fog up. I really should wear them when I'm at home, but I haven't lately. Whenever then pandemic is over, I will start wearing my glasses again. I am also thinking about getting eye contacts. 

Ugh, wearing glasses and a mask is awful :scoots:

All I can tell you is that you just have to get yourself used to it to prevent fogging. If you have to take your glasses off and clean them now and then, that’s fine too.

• Brohoof 1

On 9/27/2014 at 12:16 PM, Dashie23 said:

Who wears glasses and why? 

People with bad eyes. To see better. :P

I only wear contacts. Because I'm EXTREMELY nearsighted. I don't wear glasses because if I do I still have terrible peripheral vision.

11 hours ago, Zackery Rakes said:

I have not been wearing them lately in the past couple months, because when I go somewhere like to the store, and when I wear a mask with glasses on, they fog up

Yeah this is really annoying. Even without masks during winter when you enter a building you're blind for a few seconds

I wear glasses both for my eyesight and also because I generally like glasses. My eyes are fine with anything up close, but as soon as things become too distant, they become blurry. Most annoying thing are signs and labels. Without glasses, I have to get really close in order to read anything. I also wear them for watching television. But my eyesight isn't bad to the point that I walk into random things. :ButtercupLaugh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...