Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you Like where you live? Why?

Green Precision

(edited)

I live in the "Valley of the Sun" (Phoenix metro area) in Arizona, USA. Yes, I love it here!

Reasons:

-The weather is just terrific! A bit hot at times, but bearable with water and shade. The Monsoon season brings some wild thunderstorms, and the winter brings a nice respite from the heat.

-Vicinity to The Grand Canyon. People come from all over the world to see this, and it's just a few short hours' drive away. I've actually hiked it rim-to-rim with my dad!

-We are neighbors with SoCal and Las Vegas. Awesome for vacations!

-The Natural landscape; it's drop-dead gorgeous. Here is just one of the places I've hiked many times. All within a few miles of my home.

post-7712-0-92737000-1464247484_thumb.jpg

-Culture. We're a fairly diverse state, with more than 30% of the population Latino. Yes, that means legit Mexican food, quinceañeras, and all that Latin American culture has to offer. Let's not forget Native American culture either. Navajo is still the third most-spoken language here, the canals are built out of those used by ancient civilizations, and their music and art are one-of-a-kind and very beautiful.

-A grid layout for the roads. Very easy to navigate once you get to know the names of the roads. (Most are pretty cool; Thunderbird, Union Hills, Vía de Ventura...)

I could go on, but I think you get the point. :)

Edited by MontagnaMagica

Nope... You have a area that doesn't have many jobs, we run off of our own money since the state is too broke, and our school district is about to have it's bubble burst. -.-

But hey... at least we have all the corn! 

047.gif

• Brohoof 2

I'm much more content with where I live now, I'm closer to certain things I need access to.  Not to mention, there's a bookstore in this town~.  I still live somewhere that's small but it's much better.

I live in a small secluded village in South Wales. I like the scenery and the fact that there isn't many people here. Everybody here knows everybody else's buisness and that can be annoying. There's a lack of jobs around here which is bad.

(edited)

I like Minnesota just fine, but it gets really cold in the winter.

I just love the scenery in Minnesota, and I don't want to live somewhere hot like Texas or Arizona unless it's as good of a scene as it is in the homeland.

Edited by Little Flyer

I live in California. Originally from the SF Bay Area i now live near Sacramento. Very nice area but can be very hot during the summer. I like California except for when there are earthquakes

Currently live on the border of Newport Beach and Irvine. Literally. As in I can go to the park and school less than five minutes away and that would be Irvine. People who live in the SoCal knows that southern half of Orange County to be very affluent; it doesn't beat the Silicon Valley (I was born in southern San Jose) or the Hollywood area but you still get your fair share of your mundane millionaires. The real estate here is ridiculously expensive (Don't expect housing prices to fall in your favor. Ever. You can never win the Irvine Company.) and isn't even that big or glamorous. We have everything we need here but we're known for our...blocky buildings and total lack of advertisement boards and tall banners.

There are almost as much Asians as non-Hispanic whites in Irvine, though. Chinese and Korean is just as frequently used as English; East LA is ridiculous, however, because Asians are a majority there. I'm not kidding. That's Rowland Heights, Diamond Bar, San Gabriel, and several more communities, with a few exceptions like Industry or West Covina. Either way, Irvine has a fair amount of Asian cuisine; every single mall will at least have something Asian. Milk tea, Korean BBQ, Japanese ramen, Taiwanese rice meals are just a few minutes away. There's a massive airport on the border of Irvine and Newport as well, and UCI is a well-known university here, though it still falls short compared to bigger universities like UCLA, UCSD, or CalTech.

While the traffic in Orange County is better than LA's, I-405 and I-5 are still a hellhole. Don't ask why, but it manages to congest even near midnight for no given reason. It's still one of the great mysteries of SoCal. It makes driving to work far far worse than actually working. Most people end up carpooling.

Other than that Irvine is kind of boring; Anaheim and Old Orange are far more interesting. Not a lot to look at besides the Great Park and UCI. Newport Beach is better because you get a lot of mixed gourmet and luxury malls. The Asian community here is pretty friendly but gossips and separates itself from American culture way too much. Crime rate here is very low, though; the only "shooting" we had was when a guy at Fashion Island (Newport Beach's biggest luxury mall that rivals Costa Mesa's South Coast Plasa) shot into the air intentionally to attract police (it was pretty crazy since the helicopters and the entire NBPD came).

Still think NoCal is better, but based off the ramble I went off on you can tell SoCal can get really complicated. Quickly. :P

• 3 years later...

I like it as a place to visit and spend a week or so with family, the actual city is a conservative hell hole though and I've been harassed more for being trans here than when I lived in Texas. At least Texans are a bit more tolerant and try to keep more to themselves. I miss that place.

(edited)

I do like where I live now, yeah. There's so much to see and do. The only problem is that it's sooo hot and humid outside during the summer... I should get out more, the weather just puts a stop to my motivation. So I've been spending most of the summer in my air-conditioned room :/

Edited by SparklingSwirls

(edited)

I live in the city (Sydney) and I like it

weather can get really cold sometimes due to ocean breezes but it's all good

Edited by mini

Spoiler

Maybe it's the air quality that smells like actual human feces 6 days out of the week. Maybe it's the insane humidity. Maybe it's the fact that I can't read anything. Maybe it's because I work on a military post that was deemed "unfit for work" in 2011.

Maybe it's the literal hundreds of BM-21 grad rocket launchers the North Koreans have trained on this one spot.

Something about this place that I just don't like. :v

Love it in the sense that it's fine example of this world's natural beauty and has nearly perfect weather? Absolutely.

Love it in the sense that it's well run, has a respectful population, and isn't a shit place to live if you're LGBT+? Hell no.

I actually love the area where I live. It's fairly rural and has moderately dark skies. However, I've always wanted to own a lot of land with even darker skies.

I hate moving, but I'm ready. I found that dream property. Just have to wait and see how things go.  :adorkable: 

• 2 months later...

It’s....alright I guess. If you like big city life. I certainly do not. :nom: I miss living in rural areas...when I move out of my parent’s house I’m going to be working towards that dream home far from civilization I’ve always wanted. :adorkable:

• Brohoof 1

I don't anymore. The community here is terrible. People just spreading rumors about one another to create the cliques they want. The downtown area has a really bad homeless problem to the point that they had to put police cameras every where. Gamer shops keep closing down all over town. The job market is extremely average. The cost of living is really high. Public transportation is extremely rude and racist. Next year I'm planning to move out this town with a buddy of mine. It's just gonna be a really long, lonely and depressing as hell year...

Eh... yes and no. Part of me likes it here in Arkansas because of the sights and the fact that I've lived here almost my entire life, but... part of me also hates it because if people here found out that I'm an atheist, they'd think that I'm "evil". Not to mention the fact that it's located in America, and America is REALLY dangerous nowadays because of our corrosive political climate. It's honestly a miracle that I'm still alive and healthy... :dry:

• Brohoof 1

I love where I live. There is ALWAYS something to do and it's lovely here. After spending years in the Midwest, in desperation for anything of interest, coming here to Anaheim, CA was the greatest gift EVER. The weather is nice and there's something in the air here that smells sublime! I never have to worry about stores being closed or limitations of entertainment options; there is always something going on here 24/7. And it's modern. The utilities actually work and don't conk out at the first sight of a thunderstorm. This is definitely where I belong. 

• Brohoof 1