Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which MLP villian would you vote for in a presidential election?

jackleapp81

Whcih MLP villian would you vote for in a presidential election?  

64 users have voted

1. 1. Which MLP villian would you vote for in a presidential election?

• King Sombra
    • Discord
    • Queen Chrysalis
    • Tirek
    • Nightmare Moon

Hands down it'd have to be Discord! Sure, he's dishonest, deceitful, duplicitous, crafty and wicked but he'd still be a better President than the one we have, now! Besides, in the two part season four finale' I think he finally did get what real friendship is all about, which made him a better person.

So, yeah!

Discord for President in 2016!

• Brohoof 1

None. Sorry, I cannot suspend anything for this scenario. They are all one variety of tinpot dictator or another.

Sombra was a slave driving tyrant, Chrysallis was soul draining conquerer, Nightmare Moon was a lethally narcissistic goddess, and Discord was . . . well Discord.

None of them are individuals that would make for a better world, that's why they're the villains! I'd vote for Princess Celestia and Princess Luna in a heartbeat and defend their rule with my words and life if need be.

Get with the times gramps. Everybody knows Princess Luna would be the best gal for the job!
  • Brohoof 1

Get with the times gramps. Everybody knows Princess Luna would be the best gal for the job!

I said I would vote for both or either Celestia and/or Luna if the choice was such. It's the villains I would never cast my lot for even under coercion.

And who you calling gramps, I'm 23!

Edited by Steel Accord

Discord, not even because of his chaotic depiction.

On a serious note, despite Discord's chaotic, careless attitude, I feel like he would be the only one even remotely capable of making it work if he tried.

I said I would vote for both or either Celestia and/or Luna if the choice was such. It's the villains I would never cast my lot for even under coercion.

And who you calling gramps, I'm 23!

Everybody knows that Celestial is an Unjust tyrant. Well at least the smart ones do. Anyone willing to die for such a person isn't worth living. Someone who would just throw their life away like that, probably should sacrifice themselves. Btw 23 is the new 80.

Everybody knows that Celestial is an Unjust tyrant. Well at least the smart ones do. Anyone willing to die for such a person isn't worth living. Someone who would just throw their life away like that, probably should sacrifice themselves. Btw 23 is the new 80.

Unjust tyrant? When has Celestia ever decreed a law that was unjust? If anything she's the most laissez faire monarch in the history of fiction. Not to mention her first words to Luna on screen included.

"We were meant to rule together, dear sister." Yeah, real Lady Caligula that one! (Sarcasm)

As I said, I'm for the union of Celestia and Luna. Equestria is a paradise under both of them, and we've seen what it's like under all of the villains in at least brief glimpses. That's why I prefer the benevolent divine sisters over any of the villains who seek to exploit Equestria.

Unjust tyrant? When has Celestia ever decreed a law that was unjust? If anything she's the most laissez faire monarch in the history of fiction. Not to mention her first words to Luna on screen included.

"We were meant to rule together, dear sister." Yeah, real Lady Caligula that one! (Sarcasm)

As I said, I'm for the union of Celestia and Luna. Equestria is a paradise under both of them, and we've seen what it's like under all of the villains in at least brief glimpses. That's why I prefer the benevolent divine sisters over any of the villains who seek to exploit Equestria.

Evidence #1: Celestial fails to be seen when Nightmare moon takes over. SHE failed to protect her kingdom. Instead leaving it to a team of unproven, young and most of all UNTRAINED mares to handle all the heavy lifting. That's like Obama telling me and my friends to go kill the Leader of ISIS (BTW I'm 15 and my friends are 15,16). Princess Celestial basically demands that her sister repent. And technically, nightmare moons banishment was really undefined and vague.

Evidence#2: When Rarity was falling during the young flyers competition, she had the wonder bolts save her, even though she herself has powerful wings. Even then the Wonderbolts failed to save her. It was rainbow dash who saved her AND the Wonderbolts. Makes you think what celestial would have done if Rainbow wasn't there to save the day.

Evidence#3: Celestial is nowhere to be seen when all the natural disasters take place. When twilight sends letters to princess Celestia, she is always doing some leisure activity. Which means she has plenty of free time, BUT still does nothing when those disasters take place.

Evidence#4: Princess celestial holds gatherings and parties at great expense, but doesn't enjoy them

Evidence#5: Princess celestia watches her subjects get hurt, nearly killed, and her palace fall apart before her eyes, JUST so she won't be bored.

Evidence#6:Applejack nearly works herself to death, and is partially responsible for a Major food source for equestria. But Celestia does nothing. Wouldn't a responsible ruler At least make sure his/her country is well fed?

Btw if u want to continue the argument PM me. This thread isn't for this argument. And I don't think every pony wants to hear this back and forth argument.

All right, blow by blow.

Evidence #1: Celestial fails to be seen when Nightmare moon takes over. SHE failed to protect her kingdom. Instead leaving it to a team of unproven, young and most of all UNTRAINED mares to handle all the heavy lifting. That's like Obama telling me and my friends to go kill the Leader of ISIS (BTW I'm 15 and my friends are 15,16). Princess Celestial basically demands that her sister repent. And technically, nightmare moons banishment was really undefined and vague.

Celestia only tasked Twilight with what she knew she could handle. Twilight was her apprentice, this was exactly the kind of scenario Celestia intended her for as her eventual successor. (Lauren's original intent that was later adapted into her being another co-ruler.)

Evidence#2: When Rarity was falling during the young flyers competition, she had the wonder bolts save her, even though she herself has powerful wings. Even then the Wonderbolts failed to save her. It was rainbow dash who saved her AND the Wonderbolts. Makes you think what celestial would have done if Rainbow wasn't there to save the day.

I think Celestia would have telekinetically ceased her fall the moment before impact, but because Celestia had faith Rainbow would save Rarity, she obviously didn't need to.

Celestia is powerful and she could potentially solve all of the problems that ever arise. What would anypony learn then? They would throw themselves from cliffs for a high because they knew Celestia would not allow them to hit the ground.

Evidence#3: Celestial is nowhere to be seen when all the natural disasters take place. When twilight sends letters to princess Celestia, she is always doing some leisure activity. Which means she has plenty of free time, BUT still does nothing when those disasters take place.

Again, see above. She's like Superman, she's powerful but she can't be everywhere at once. And it's only once or twice we see her doing anything leisurely, just as often we see her running the affairs of state.

Evidence#4: Princess celestial holds gatherings and parties at great expense, but doesn't enjoy them

You think the President enjoys every white house gala they have to host?

Evidence#5: Princess celestia watches her subjects get hurt, nearly killed, and her palace fall apart before her eyes, JUST so she won't be bored.

Okay, that's just plain making it up. Celestia doesn't enjoy seeing anypony in pain. The Mane Six ruining the Grand Galloping Gala was the equivalent of a party crashing. Nopony got hurt and it wasn't Celestia's intention to do so, she just wanted them to shake things up and they did.

Evidence#6:Applejack nearly works herself to death, and is partially responsible for a Major food source for equestria. But Celestia does nothing. Wouldn't a responsible ruler At least make sure his/her country is well fed?

I don't know about you, but I don't want government officials messing with my local produce farmers.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Look all your current listed complaints are indecisive as long as Celestia is bad in them. Either Celestia is a tyrant, or she'a apathetic, she can't be both.

Celestia is an empowering character. She doesn't want anypony to be hurt, but she wants ponies to learn and grow capable on their own.

Edited by Steel Accord

All right, blow by blow.

Celestia only tasked Twilight with what she knew she could handle. Twilight was her apprentice, this was exactly the kind of scenario Celestia intended her for as her eventual successor. (Lauren's original intent that was later adapted into her being another co-ruler.)

I think Celestia would have telekinetically ceased her fall the moment before impact, but because Celestia had faith Rainbow would save Rarity, she obviously didn't need to.

Celestia is powerful and she could potentially solve all of the problems that ever arise. What would anypony learn then? They would throw themselves from cliffs for a high because they knew Celestia would not allow them to hit the ground.

Again, see above. She's like Superman, she's powerful but she can't be everywhere at once. And it's only once or twice we see her doing anything leisurely, just as often we see her running the affairs of state.

You think the President enjoys every white house gala they have to host?

Okay, that's just plain making it up. Celestia doesn't enjoy seeing anypony in pain. The Mane Six ruining the Grand Galloping Gala was the equivalent of a party crashing. Nopony got hurt and it wasn't Celestia's intention to do so, she just wanted them to shake things up and they did.

I don't know about you, but I don't want government officials messing with my local produce farmers.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Look all your current listed complaints are indecisive as long as Celestia is bad in them. Either Celestia is a tyrant, or she'a apathetic, she can't be both.

Celestia is an empowering character. She doesn't want anypony to be hurt, but she wants ponies to learn and grow capable on their own.

You really think that a tyrant can't be apathetic? So your saying Princess Celestia trained twilight to handle alpowerful beings possessed by demons? And even if Celestia really did train twilight to do that, how would she know that the other ponies would go along with it too? Did she train the others too? Did she teach them how to handle this? In fact how did she even know that those ponies would react to the elements? If Sunbutt really does have faith in RD than how come when RD is given an Honorable Mention award she's seen flying off with the Wonderbolts. But she's still longing to be part of the Wonderbolts in the later episodes? Apparantley the award is just for show.An indication that all rewards only come from Celestia and her subjects are powerless without her approval. Fyi I don't know about you, but I don't want me and my family to starve when our food source is gone and when that disaster could have been averted with some government step ins. Oh and look at the last episode of season 1. The whole Galla is ruined! And than at the end Celestia admits she liked what happened because the galas were boring! Does a swarm of panicking animals trampling and chasing your subjects as they flee for their lives sound entertaining to you? Oh and the president probably does. It is a social event after all. Good eats, lots of mingling.

PLEASE PM me to continue this discussion. This isn't the right thread to discuss this. I don't think these fair citizens of the Lunar republic want to hear us argue.

Edited by Dexter Luna

@,

We'll have to agree to disagree on this. I believe Princess Celestia to be a supremely benevolent ruler that believes in the capability of her subjects to succeed without her help. This attitude is reflected in her sister's realm of influence. They are both infinitely more suited rulers of Equestria than any of the aforementioned villains.

@,

We'll have to agree to disagree on this. I believe Princess Celestia to be a supremely benevolent ruler that believes in the capability of her subjects to succeed without her help. This attitude is reflected in her sister's realm of influence. They are both infinitely more suited rulers of Equestria than any of the aforementioned villains.

I agree. Btw I was just kidding. I just wanted to get into a good debate with someone. That's why I want to become a lawyer. But thanks for the discussion!
  • Brohoof 1

I agree. Btw I was just kidding. I just wanted to get into a good debate with someone. That's why I want to become a lawyer. But thanks for the discussion!

Oh. Sorry if anything I said came off as combative, I thought you were being completely serious.

Asperger's Syndrome.  :blush:

• Brohoof 1

Well, I'm a bit of a psudo-anarchist so I suppose I would have to vote for Discord (I know, a voting anarchist. Irony). Can you imagine a United States ruled by him? Think of what it would do to/for the rest of the world! I'm salivating just thinking of it.

• 2 weeks later...

And let's go live to the Ponydential Debates, where these five villains will argue their case for being elected leader of the free *smirk* human world.

KING SOMBRA: RRRRRRR...GROOOOOWWWR...CRYSTALSSSSSS...I mean...HUMAAAAAANSSSSS...GRRRRRRRR...MY...HUMAN...SLAAAAAAAVES. Thank you, drive safe.

CHRYSALIS: I shall overrun your nation with a swarm of parasitic demons who will feed on your every positive emotion until you all are drained of love...but deep down, I'm really just a nice country girl at heart. Presumably. Where did I come from again?

DISCORD: On one claw, I make chocolate rain. But on the other paw, I can't be trusted or depended on and I screw around with physics for the LULZ.

TIREK: Y'know, it's hard to say. Some bronies, like Tails for example, have not really sat down and watched me yet. He's a little apprehensive of the implications of the Season 4 finale. I'll tell you one thing: I'm big. And not very nice. And did I mention big? Oh yes, one more thing: Tails wishes I looked like this instead.

img-3502355-1-po1256%20%20lady_tirek_by_

NIGHTMARE MOON: The night...will last...FOREVERRRR! But, seriously. Outside of that hyperbole, I really just want love and appreciation. I never did any lasting harm to anypony. The only one I had a beef with was Celestia, and really, can you blame me?

Well, I'm convinced. They'd all be disastrous Presidents, but Nightmare Moon, least so. I vote her.

• Brohoof 2

You're not really going to get an ideal outcome with any of these, so I'd definitely want Sombra to be at the head of an evil empire. I think it'd come down to him or Tirek and Sombra is more fit for a ruling role because he'd already done it (not counting G1 Tirek) and did an apparently great job at it. He wasn't too stupid either considering the several precautions he took to keep anyone from getting their hands on the crystal heart, and only failed because of spike happening to be there.

Sombra's autocracy is best autocracy 

• Brohoof 1