Did you like it?  

343 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I loved thus episode ! It was fun and a bit sad at the same time . I saw 4 references in this episode .

1. Winter is coming .( yes game of thrones just yes )

2. The grinch smile . ( your a mean one ms dash lol) l

3. Who's on first

4. The refrence that nopony as brought up on this thread the South Park refrence in the hats !

I know I'm a terrible person for saying this but I didn't feel all that bad for RD in this episode for one reason . Well .. Come on its sad but tank is only hibernating it's not like he was going to die .

I felt like Rainbow Dash was doing this during that crying sequence https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=71cLd0DXC2c

Rainbows song would be nice if a fan remixed it, but on its own it just is meh for me. Pony lyrics are always meh to me.

Overall the story was meh, but I liked the tiny moments that didn't effect the story. Pinkie running through a cloud wall, rainbow crying and showing emotion, and the three pegasi were all funny. Pinkie is becoming my favorite this season for her witty one liners.

While i can't say i will rewatch this episdoe anytime soon, it wasn't bad. Hell far  from it.  The episode goes a great job at showing stages of greif wihle provide entraining sceinero of loss.  I can seehow this episdoe effects some mor e then other if they ever lost a pet or famliy member so codo's for the writers well done.

Somewhere a Herpetologist is crying. I looked it up, tortoises don't hibernate, they bruminate. Get your terminology right, Hasbro.

Somewhere a Herpetologist is crying. I looked it up, tortoises don't hibernate, they bruminate. Get your terminology right, Hasbro.

And half the things people call "nuts" are not true nuts.  The point is, in common usage, people's definition of "hibernate" is "sleeps during the winter".

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

RD: Without Tank, I'll be alone.

R: You've got us dear.

RD: That doesn't count, I just tolerate your presences because of the Elements of Harmony.

TS: What?! Don't tell me you all feel the same way?

AJ, R, PP, FS: *Look off to the side.*

TS: Oh, for the love of Celestia. Rainbow Dash you will never be alone.

RD: You're right. I could always cross over to that other dimension and find myself the first love struck boyfriend I come across.

TS: Alright. Alright. What do you want?

RD: Change Tank into something that doesn't need to hibernate, like a Dragon.

TS: Fine...

FS: I object.

TS: Right. Right. Turn it into a dragon and you'll wake up the next morning with out your horn. I'll just turn Tank into a Pegasus.

PP: You can't do that! Then they'll never be able to sleep.

RD: She's got that right. :wub:

Edited by Singe

And half the things people call "nuts" are not true nuts.  The point is, in common usage, people's definition of "hibernate" is "sleeps during the winter".

Excellent point. I'm a fan of modern language interpretation, which means hearing what's meant rather than what's said. There's been plenty of rock slides the ponies will call avalanches. The important thing is what is understood - not what's in the dictionary.

Somewhat unrelated but did Tank just dig in next to some random tree? Why doesn't he have a designated Tank Tree?  :lol:

Just watched this episode.  I'm a little behind in the season, I know.  :P  I thought the humor in this episode was pretty funny.  I literally lol-ed, which is EXTREMELY rare, but good God, that song was awful.

Oh, and that bit in the end where everyone was crying except for magically superior Twilicorn?  Not a fan.

Although that bit about "Apple jack cries on the inside!"  "It's true."  Friggin' hilarious.

I loved the episode :D

That part when all the ponies were crying...;_;

"She cries on the inside"

"It's True"

And that song though! The vocals were to die for!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I have a theory about when Rainbow said

"Our first winter together!" and the fact that people cited Hearth's warming eve as making that statement a continuity error. I'm willing to argue that by stating that it is their first winter together. Cloudsdale moves, right? Well, Rainbow said, "Ponyville is next up for winter!" Hearth's Warming Eve only took place in Canterlot. I think every city gets winter separately, so the statement that it's not RD's and Tank's first winter together is false. Now, I'm not saying that justifies her actions in the weather factory, but still.

Edited by Celli
  • Brohoof 1

This is my least favorite episode of Season 5. It's not that I didn't like it, I just liked the others better. I actually enjoyed it a lot for the humor of Spike's overestimated reptile knowledge and Rainbow Dash's character development.

(edited)

This is my least favorite episode of Season 5. It's not that I didn't like it, I just liked the others better. I actually enjoyed it a lot for the humor of Spike's overestimated reptile knowledge and Rainbow Dash's character development.

It was one of Hasbro's finest moments...

Edited by Vinyl Scratchy DJ

I have a theory about when Rainbow said

"Our first winter together!" and the fact that people cited Hearth's warming eve as making that statement a continuity error. I'm willing to argue that by stating that it is their first winter together. Cloudsdale moves, right? Well, Rainbow said, "Ponyville is next up for winter!" Hearth's Warming Eve only took place in Canterlot. I think every city gets winter separately, so the statement that it's not RD's and Tank's first winter together is false. Now, I'm not saying that justifies her actions in the weather factory, but still.

Damn, I was wrong about Hearth's Warming Eve, it's been so long since I watched it. Turns out winter did occur in Ponyville in that episode, because it started out in Ponyville. So yeah, it is most definitely a continuity error, when Rainbow said that. 

I still don't see it as that big of an episode ruiner.

This was a really sweet episode but I found it hard to take seriously. I know that Rainbow was thinking under pressure but stoping winter from coming isn't the answer. Tank will still want to sleep. Other than that, I really did enjoy this episode. Wen I think of if I had to leave my dog for 25% of the year, I would burst into tears, too. The episode made me cry. Therefore, Good Episode.

That is almost what makes the show seem realistic.  Not everything is sunshine and rainbows.  In a really kiddy cartoon Rainbow Dash would of continued to be with his pet turtle through winter, but this didn't happen.  Because in life sad things happen, and we have to deal with them. But it's a good thing she had her friends to count on.  Since this is a kids show it might be the closest this shows goes into dealing with death.

I see the hilarious part: the winter lab in Cloudsdale has messed up by Rainbow Dash along with Tank with the shattered lightning jar triggering the winter machine, refusing to stop winter. Air overpressure resulted in blizzard spread.  :lol:

Tank ready to hibernate during winter is a good idea at the end of the episode story, and Rainbow enjoying winter fun. A part of the episode was in the middle of winter in Ponyville only at December, January, and February.  :)