Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was your first pet?

SixShooterOutlaw

(edited)

My first pet was a cat named Milo my family got when I was five or maybe six. He was named after one of the titular characters in the film Milo and Otis. Incidentally several cats were injured in the production of the film and a few actually died. As for my Milo, he was killed a few years later when my uncle accidentally ran over him with his car. I don't recall have any strong feelings upon hearing the news of his demise.

Edited by Roughshod

A guinea pig, that's it. I dislike animals overall, and having them is just not my thing:D

A German Shepard named Ivan. We got him when I was about 10. A real lazy thing he was, though. Always slept in my bed instead of his own. ^^ He really liked chicken too.

I got a kitten when I was little. He grew up to be my best friend. He would follow me to the bus stop and be hiding in the bushes waiting for me when I came back, just so he could walk me home. I have never owned a cat like him since.

(edited)

The first pet in the house that I remember was a domesticated rat named "Boss" (after the Hamtaro character. Watched some of the show a long time ago). He was really chill and I liked him. It was moderately sad when he died. (Think it was disease, but don't remember entirely exactly what it was.)

Edited by In Loving Memory

From what little of my early childhood I can remember, I remember my first pet being my mom's purebred Persian Himalayan cat, she was a really mean and spoiled cat who constantly tried to attack my sister and I...

My family always had pets, but my very first pet that they let ME choose was a little black kitten at a shelter. I named her Tido which is pronounced (Tee-doe). She was the smallest yet most active kitten! I was extremely protective and loving towards her. She taught me many things. How to interact with animals, how to show love without lashing out ( I had emotional issues), how to take responsibility, and most of all: LOVE MATTERS NO MATTER WHO OR WHAT YOU ARE!!! 

Here is my baby! She is still with me today! 

053.JPG

My cousins and I pulled nine fish out of the Musselshell River in Montana and only one survived more than a couple weeks. Fishie lived to be 24 years old.

595dbb8b88666_Fishie(2).thumb.jpg.9c4f733a3a40f58190a90062e73e0fc5.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...

I had a cat named Boris. He was very active cat, sometimes madly hyperactive, sleeping puddle in mornings and a rocket at nights. He also really liked humping my legs, I even had to lock my room at nights. He died because of some kind of chemical poisoning last December