Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How you feel about Season 5 being on hiatus?

BritishBrony2012

Not sure I be doing this or has it done before, this might going to be locked but want to know what people feel about season 5 being on hiatus?

When I heard about what hoping it was a joke before there one week gap and two weeks gap, have thing this season be two parter. I'm little annoyed but it happen. Maybe something big coming up.

• Brohoof 1

We will probably have to wait till the beginning or mid fall. There will be a Heartswarming eve episode, so they want to show it around christmas time.

I am kind of indifferent of the hiatus. On one hand, it kind of sucks. But on the other, i am not getting bored with my life.

• Brohoof 3

I'm pretty fucking irritated. Ignoring the fact that S5 came after possibly the longest hiatus between seasons(about 11 months I'm guessing), there were also several hiatuses in between episodes as well(1 week between Appleoosa's Most Wanted and Make Friends but Keep Discord; 3 weeks between Lost Treasure of Griffonstone and Slice of Life) having another hiatus after half the season that'll probably last another 3-4 months is just a pain in the ass

• Brohoof 4

I can deal with the hiatus but with that said, I find it pretty stupid and this is why!

Once again I have to bring up my comparison to the current TMNT series and its also horrendous airing schedule.

Here's how bad TMNT's airing schedule is:

- After 3 episodes were released we were slammed with a 3 week hiatus.

- After the next 3 came out we were then hit with a 2 month long hiatus.

- After that long hiatus we then got 4 more episodes and got hit with a 5 week hiatus

- 4 more episodes (we got a two-parter in this batch) and then we got another month long hiatus

- Month long hiatus ends we get another 4 episodes and we get yet ANOTHER 2 month long hiatus which we'll be exiting two days from now!

Now I have to say that as atrocious as this airing is schedule is I probably have to argue that MLP's airing schedule is technically worse as it has LESS grounds to go on hiatus than TMNT. (Though saying that may be a stretch.)

This is because:

1) TMNT is a 3D CGI Animated Show whilst MLP is 2D Flash Animated Show. Now I'm not an expert when it comes to the Animation process but I'm pretty sure that 3D CGI Animation is more difficult to pull off that 2D Flash Animation.

and

2) TMNT Season 3 aired immediately after Season 2 did and might explain its horrendous airing schedule. MLP Season 5 on the other hand aired almost a full year after Season 4 and yet we've seen two hiatuses and we're slapped with another hiatus that will end during the second half of this year.

I'm sorry but My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic doesn't have an excuse for its airing schedule. When you're making another horrendous airing schedule look good in comparison, you've really screwed up.

Again, I love Season 5 of MLP and I can deal with the hiatus but I will still call out Hasbro and Discovery for how stupid this move is. There is no reason why an animated show like this has to take long hiatuses. THEY DON'T INCREASE INTEREST!!

• Brohoof 1

I might be in a minority here, but I honestly don't mind a mid season hiatus. Many shows are doing this sort of thing now and it gives time for reflection on the season so far, which I think this season has been absolutely wonderful so I don't mind watching the episodes again over the next few months. 

My one gripe with it could be if they are using this to air the new Equestria Girls movie without FiM getting in the way. That, would anger me.

• Brohoof 4

I'm ok with it. Mid season hiatus would have gone over better with me if a) it was communicated further in advance and b ) the announcement wasn't a part of a PR blunder.

I'll survive, it gives me time to focus on other things. :)

• Brohoof 1

Truth be told, it kinda irritates me. We had nearly a year-long hiatus between seasons (the longest yet), another week break before Make New Friends, But Keep Discord for some reason and then yet another three week hiatus leading up to Slice of Life (which I believe they were supposed to air Equestria Girls during, but I've heard that didn't quite pan out). And all just so they can advertise the newest Equestria Girls, since the previous two premiered during a time when new episodes weren't scheduled.

Not that i can do anything about it anyway. I'll just have to wait and hope this new hiatus doesn't run too long. 

i dont really know the reasoning behind this so I dunno. But then again any reason behind it would be a stupid reason. like the season not being finished, or waiting for the movie, or just because they felt like it.

It's a tad bit irritating but it's nothing that is going to put me in a bad mood 

I don't like that this had to happen, but I think I know why it's happening:

We know for a fact that there is an episode set in Hearth's Warming Eve, and I'm sure they want that to air around Christmas. Also, Scare Master sounds like a Halloween episode, which should air around halloween. 

It would irritate me less if they 1. Had let us know ahead of time, or 2. Give us an air date for the beginning of Season 5 part 2. 

All the shows I watch are all on hiatus right now. Right now, I am not OK with it. I doubt Littlest Pet Shop will air season 4 any time soon, and Doctor Who won't air until September. 

Don't worry, I'm fine.... Just fine... 

b6OcQ01.png?1

• Brohoof 1