Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony Hate?

Ragingdubstep

I don't really 'hate' any characters but extreme dislike? That award goes to the glorious duo of Snips and Snails. When they are not just fumbling dummies in Equestria, they are spying on people and trying to help someone rule over two dimensions in Equestria Girls. Not a good track record to have. 

Also I have never liked the Celestia obsession by some of the characters in the early seasons, made me not like her all that much overall.

As a Rainbow Dash fan, I naturally have a "hatrid" towards Rarity. I just find her quite "annoying" and boring I guess.  >_>

Rarity isn't even generous, although in all fairness, Rainbow Dash isn't all that loyal either.  :huh:

• Brohoof 1

I also hated Rarity at the beginning...the Irony

Same here. Well, dismissed is more appropriate. That was back during the genesis of the fandom and I watched a few episodes and the character felt 'typical'. It wasn't until last year when I actually gave the show a second chance that I found Rarity growing on me. Kinda snuck up in a sense.

I digress. There is one character I vehemently dislike, but that character shall remain undisclosed. There are some I am disappointed in their portrayal, but that says more to the writer and showrunners than the character themselves. As Rarity, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash proved, my opinion can change if the writers do something interesting with the character. My imagination and ability to add additional depth into a character > script though. 

Now if you are talking about successful character presentation leading to hatred - that is a different story. When Diamond Tiara is on screen I have physically braced myself expecting the worst. Bless the character and the show writers for that. I am hoping that the rumors pan out this season about her. I would love to see a glimpse of a less vindictive and jealous side to her. Until then ... I hate me some Diamond Tiara ... and I thank Celestia that is the case. :)

Rainbow Dash is kind of a jerk most of the time and I've never really been a big fan of her. But "Tanks For The Memories" is the episode that turned me into a full-time hater. Her actions in that episode were almost as bad as those of the season premiere/finale villains, endangering hundreds of lives for a minor personal gain. The only way I can keep watching when she comes on screen is by pretending that this episode never happened.

As a Rainbow Dash fan, I naturally have a "hatrid" towards Rarity.

I am sure you meant that I different way, but this allows me to get up on my soapbox for a moment and opine on what you said in general  as I have heard this so many times in the past. I also hate 'hate character threads' and since I have an itchy lock finger when it comes to them. I figured I would give this bad boy a shot by changing the discussion a little. Hasn't worked yet ... but we'll see. 

When someone says, "I'm a x fan so naturally I am opposed to y", I think to myself, well that's just silly.

I'm a Rarity fan and RD is actually competing with AJ as my second favorite character. I am not a Rarity fan due to any traits I share with the character. I am not over emotive, or passionate, or like fashion, or a physical attractiveness to the character. In terms of personality I'm ten times closer to Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Twilight Sparkle than I am to Rarity ... yet she remains my favorite. As someone that revels on curious character dichotomies and juxtaposition ... I adore the character as presented. 

This isn't college sports and character rivalries in general are something that borderline eye rolling. Imagine ponies complexly ;)

I completely  get being drawn to a character due to a realization of shared characteristics. Yay biases (#notsarcasm ... biases are good sometimes). What makes no sense to me at all (and is actually counter to the whole message of the show) is actively professing a dislike for a personality type ... 'just because that is the way it should be'. 

'just because that is the way it should be'. 

Echo effect added by me. 

Most background ponies (except Lyra <3) and the CMC. I have nothing against them, but I just don't find them that interesting. I watch MLP for the main characters, and to me, they just don't play that much of a important part. 

Rainbow Dash really irritates me at times. Sometimes I just want to reach through the screen and smack her. I can't stand arrogant characters...in real life or on TV  :lol: Makes me want to pull my hair out. 

:wau: Really people?

Nobody has mentioned this guy yet?!?!?! :confused:

post-24370-0-35569200-1431645675_thumb.png

:lol:

His attitude just bugs the crap out of me. Same with similar people in real life. :baconmane:

Flash sentry doesn't bother me as much because he only appeared briefly in the show but didn't say anything. I think the animators just put him by the train just to stir the pot. I still count EQG as separate though since it's not the creative team's idea.
Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 3

Spike during 'Spike at Your Service'. The rest of the time he's fine. I genuinely cringed through most of the that episode.

Other than that, I kinda dislike Shining Armour and Fluttershy, for the same reasons each: They both fail to be important and interesting enough, even in their own moments. They both just feel...Bland. Shining is forgivable given he's only a supporting character to a support character, but Fluttershy...Well...Decide for yourself. 

Rainbow I unfortunately find myself hating. In some senses, she's just gotten more disagreeable as time progressed.

I would hate Snips and Snails, but I just feel bad for them. They’re doomed to be nothing more than stereotypical boys.

One character I truly hate though without reservation is Celestia, or Sunbutt as some call her. Frankly, there isn’t much about Celestia to like. Even the flat and boing Cadence has more substance and life than Celestia. Its odd, I really do want to see more of Celestia. But the more of her that I do see on occasion barely impresses me. 

PS: Yes I actually do think you're a better princess than Celestia, Cadence.  :love: 

Rainbow Dash...ugh, overbearing, self centered little shit, who gets away with it, because she acts like her element in her deus ex machina episodes about her.

• Brohoof 2

All the folk marks here Diamond Tiara, Silverspoon, Snip and Snail. These are all kids, its too early to rate them (I feel that DT are brave and intelligent, Snips and Snails have good future on shows and humor)
Rainbow Dash? I agree, she are stupid, always act before thinks. But her bravery and loyality compensate that weakness.

But one very worst pony i know. Who have Stalin's sharp stare and light, condescending smile. Chrysalis are just a predator, Trixie was stupid and harmless with her attempts.

She are beautiful and smart and boundlessly cruel.

Im not surprised, if she end in Tartaros for crimes against equinity.

She is Starlight Glimmer.

I am sure you meant that I different way, but this allows me to get up on my soapbox for a moment and opine on what you said in general  as I have heard this so many times in the past. I also hate 'hate character threads' and since I have an itchy lock finger when it comes to them. I figured I would give this bad boy a shot by changing the discussion a little. Hasn't worked yet ... but we'll see. 

When someone says, "I'm a x fan so naturally I am opposed to y", I think to myself, well that's just silly.

I'm a Rarity fan and RD is actually competing with AJ as my second favorite character. I am not a Rarity fan due to any traits I share with the character. I am not over emotive, or passionate, or like fashion, or a physical attractiveness to the character. In terms of personality I'm ten times closer to Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Twilight Sparkle than I am to Rarity ... yet she remains my favorite. As someone that revels on curious character dichotomies and juxtaposition ... I adore the character as presented. 

This isn't college sports and character rivalries in general are something that borderline eye rolling. Imagine ponies complexly ;)

I completely  get being drawn to a character due to a realization of shared characteristics. Yay biases (#notsarcasm ... biases are good sometimes). What makes no sense to me at all (and is actually counter to the whole message of the show) is actively professing a dislike for a personality type ... 'just because that is the way it should be'. 

Echo effect added by me. 

I can certainly agree to "I'm a x fan so naturally I am opposed to y" being utterly ridiculous when someone actually means it. I didn't intent for my comment to be taken literally.

I dislike Rarity not just because all Rainbow Dash fans do, but simply because I do, for whatever reason.

However it does seem to be a trend that many Rainbow Dash fans don't like Rarity (as far as I can tell), of course that's not always true, but it's why I pointed it out in my post.

Fluttershy. I seen her type of character done well in games but she's a totally mary sue and her character has not grown, oh she gets an episode about fighting her fears she's going to be the same boring scaredy cat the next episode.  She's insufferable, maybe its because I used to be like that (I even do the squeaky voice thing when I'm  around people I don't know really well) but she should really learn from her episodes and stop being such a doormat. 

*Edited because I forgot I even posted this

Edited by CookieK

Can't really hate anyone except snips and snails, they have no redeeming characteristics, I wish i could say there is no character i hate, so here's hoping they do something to improve snips and snails just a tiny bit.

Snips and Snails, Flash Sentry, Rainbow Dash used to piss me off but she's one of my favourites now :wub:. And I actually don't mind Silver Spoon since it's obvious she just gets manipulated by Diamond Tiara. As for DT, yeah, she sucks.

I am sure you meant that I different way, but this allows me to get up on my soapbox for a moment and opine on what you said in general as I have heard this so many times in the past. I also hate 'hate character threads' and since I have an itchy lock finger when it comes to them. I figured I would give this bad boy a shot by changing the discussion a little. Hasn't worked yet ... but we'll see.

I completely get being drawn to a character due to a realization of shared characteristics. Yay biases (#notsarcasm ... biases are good sometimes). What makes no sense to me at all (and is actually counter to the whole message of the show) is actively professing a dislike for a personality type ... 'just because that is the way it should be'.

Echo effect added by me.

A little late, but I have to agree. I'm more like Twilight and Applejack, and nothing like Fluttershy - yet Fluttershy is my favourite mane 6 pony and I don't like Applejack.

Although, as well as looking at them in other ways, I tend to learn to love ponies based on their character design quite a bit, which is probably why Trixie and Lyra are so high up on my best pony list...

Theres nothing more annoying than thinking you are better and more important than everyone else so the easy answer would be Rainbow Dash, when i started watching the show Rainbow Dash was my favorite and i didn't care about Rarity, things changed when i started to know them better, now i love Rarity. Rainbow Dash has a tough and macho personality kinda the opposite of Rarity so hardcore Rainbow Dash fans will probably dislike her.

If you hate any of the mane six please do yourself and me a favor and stop watching the show and leave the fandom. There is no reason to subject yourself to a show with a main character you so thoroughly despise, and you bringing that hate to people who actually like these characters isn't fair to us. Dislike is one thing, that can change over time and allows you to be won over. HATE is close minded and the refusal to see positive qualities in another. If you have real hatred for one of the mane six, I don't even consider you a fan. 

Frankly I have a strong aversion to hate in general, racism, bigotry and homophobia were huge things where I grew up and I've found genuine hate breeds the most closed minded kind of thinking, and the "worst pony" label falls right into that that way of thinking. 

That being said Snips and Snails are annoying as F*CK, I don't hate them, but dear Celestia they are annoying. 

• Brohoof 2

I have a strong dislike of a few of the ponies which is mostly Pinkie Pie.   Now I've had a lot of "why" and how can you not like Pinkie Pie?" and such sense. Mostly I just overall do not like super hyper people who get your face a bit to much when you tell them to back down and Pinkie on more than once has done such things in show.   Also even when you give a blunt clue to the person to leave a subject or drop one, she will still keep on it like a dog with a bone!

Which she seems to think all ponies need to be her friend?  Yes in using a example like Cranky Doodle and yes at the end of the show they became friends (which we only saw in that one ep) but this pony does not get the message of "personal space."  Or if shes not the center of attention she has a bloody melt down.....and talks to sacks of flour and piles of rocks.....kinda creepy......