Do you have a gun in your house?

Limeblossom

Nope! I don't like guns. If you're gonna hurt somebody, don't be a big baby! Fight like real men! With your fists!
Guns are like cheating!

On a serious note, guns make me uneasy..

• Brohoof 1

I'm quite opposed to the average joe owning guns, I come from the U.K. and live in New Zealand so they're regulated to within an inch of existence in both countries; I prefer to be interested in guns from an academic standpoint. I do however have a pretty intimidating butter knife. Fear me!  :angry:

Edited by AC E1

• 3 years later...
(edited)

My dad has an old .22 caliber pistol that he inherited from his dad. He's used it a few times in fact. Mostly on the dogs when they do things they shouldn't ( though part of that is his own insanity and not really the dogs' fault :dry: ). 

Personally speaking on the issue, I see no problem as long as the gun is within reason. Like I don't think the average Joe should have a fully automatic rifle in their house (note I said FULLY and not SEMI), or anything like that. I agree with every amendment in the US Bill of Rights, the Second Amendment is included, however murky the real meaning of it is with modern context. It's unfortunate that most people I see claim that actually don't because they agree with some certain BLATANT violations of the constitution I shall not name... :unamused:

Edited by DusksuD

I own several. I train regularly and they are always there. One never knows if Mr Murphy will knock the door down. And at that point, a gun is better than the phone. 

• Brohoof 1

No, I don't have a gun and I also don't want to have one. I am not a fan of guns and besides, the gun control laws here in germany are really heavy and I am not in the mood to request a gun licence. I have a some tools (like my geologist's hammer) which I could use as a melee weapon when I need it (and my attacker is also armed with a melee weapon), but I always hope that I never have to need something as a weapon.

I'm a gun nut, of course I do! I have a large mix of pistols, rifles, and shotguns.  My favorite are antique Smith & Wesson revolvers. Such handcrafted beauties!  :wub: 

3 minutes ago, Phosphor said:

My favorite are antique Smith & Wesson revolvers.

I have a S&W Model 10 from 1 year after they stopped making the victory models 

No. But one day I'd like to learn how to shoot. I might keep a handgun for sport and self-defense. And it might be cool to buy an old vintage revolver or something. Those things are cool.

• Brohoof 1

I think it'd be cool to own a gun, but for now, I live in an apartment where I'm not allowed to have a gun, so I'll have to wait awhile. I don't really have the money for a gun right now anyway.

On 6/6/2019 at 8:02 PM, Treeglow Flicker said:

Yes.

Hide contents

A staple gun. :P

I don't even have one of those! :(^_^

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Partialgeek514 said:

I think it'd be cool to own a gun, but for now, I live in an apartment where I'm not allowed to have a gun, so I'll have to wait awhile. I don't really have the money for a gun right now anyway.

On 6/6/2019 at 8:02 PM, Treeglow Flicker said:

I dont know where you live but if its in the US that is possibly illegal to try to bar your right to ownership. Also if you ever decide to purchase a firearm if you have questions I am always happy to share resources so you can make your own decisions. But then again for all I know you could be a firearms expert so feel free to ignore if you are LOL :D

2 minutes ago, Jedishy said:

I dont know where you live but if its in the US that is possibly illegal to try to bar your right to ownership. Also if you ever decide to purchase a firearm if you have questions I am always happy to share resources so you can make your own decisions. But then again for all I know you could be a firearms expert so feel free to ignore if you are LOL :D

Oh no, I'm no expert. :P Anyway, I'm just not allowed to have a gun in the apartment. It's not like I couldn't buy one and store it elsewhere. I might just wait to buy one once I'm out of school. :mlp_icwudt:

Just now, Partialgeek514 said:

Oh no, I'm no expert. :P Anyway, I'm just not allowed to have a gun in the apartment. It's not like I couldn't buy one and store it elsewhere. I might just wait to buy one once I'm out of school. :mlp_icwudt:

Oh wait is this like a school apartment with rules against it? Because that is a weird legal grey area. But if its a normal apartment with a lease that says you can't well that is likely, legally questionable. If you do have questions when you are ready to buy or just wanna chat guns, in general, I am always open for it. I am not an expert but am pretty savvy. Plus I love going to the range.... now if only ammo were not so dang expensive... guns, knives, lightsabers... why are my hobbies so expensive?! :unamused:

• Brohoof 2