Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who is the most powerful character?

Drunkfrank

I would say Discord. I mean he can change everything without any problems. Only his presence turns everything into chaos. I think he has the biggest magical power. 

Other magical strong characters are the four princesses, Starlight Glimmer, Starswirl, Sombra and Tirek. I also would say that Sunset is really powerfull (she was Celestias student), but we never saw really her full power.

Discord is the most overpowered he even had the means to destroy the Tree of Harmony which he almost did. The Elements of Harmony does not count as a character anyway.

Edited by cider float

Discord. He can pretty much do anything he wants to. He could destroy the (theoretical) infinite number of universes with just a snap. He can get rid of time.

This gives me an idea. Maybe MLP should end by Discord getting reformed again into his evil personality and then he makes the planet disappear, resulting in everypony dying in space. Now would that be an interesting way to end the show.

Discord has near unlimited Reality warping magic, he can do virtually anything he wants. The only things that can stand against him are the Elements and Magic Drainers like Tirek and theoretically Chrysalis (who we do know at least has the capacity to become more powerful than Celestia if she drains enough love) after they've stole MASSIVE amounts of extra power.

Edited by M'gann M'orzz

Discord. He can pretty much do anything he wants to. He could destroy the (theoretical) infinite number of universes with just a snap. He can get rid of time.

This gives me an idea. Maybe MLP should end by Discord getting reformed again into his evil personality and then he makes the planet disappear, resulting in everypony dying in space. Now would that be an interesting way to end the show.

Unless Ponies are like Saiyans...or Freeza

its not about power, but if i had to choose someone who had  power, my picks from most to least would be

1.starlight glimmer

2.Discord

3.Princess celestia

4.Princess luna

5.Chrysalis

oh, not to be narcissist or anything, but if i had power in equestria, i would be no. 1 guy of power.  humans rule

What? its my headcanon, i do whatever i want. 

Edited by DANUTERCISD

On 1/7/2016 at 12:55 AM, M'gann M'orzz said:

Discord has near unlimited Reality warping magic, he can do virtually anything he wants. The only things that can stand against him are the Elements and Magic Drainers like Tirek and theoretically Chrysalis (who we do know at least has the capacity to become more powerful than Celestia if she drains enough love) after they've stole MASSIVE amounts of extra power.

List of Discord's vulnerabilities that aren't the Elements or Tirek:

1. Twilight's reality-unwarping bubble on herself and her friends (at the end of The Return Of Harmony).

2. Celestia's enchantment keeping him from just teleporting the Elements away again (in Keep Calm And Flutter On).

3. The Tatzlwurm making him sick for real (at the end of Three's A Crowd).

4. Him not being able to change history, despite being able to time-travel (in IDW #24).

5. Luna zapping him unconscious and having more dream-control than him (in Friends Forever #20).

Edited by Anti-Villain
  • Brohoof 1

Nightmare Moon, we didn't really see her full potential so she could even be stronger then Discord but if that is proven wrong then definitely Discord.

We all already know that Twilight has tons of power just waiting to be unleashed, which I have a feeling we will see that in the next couple of years. I am excited to see that. :3 

I personally think that Tirek is also one of the most powerful characters, at least when he has gained a little bit of magic. That is where he is at a divide. When he barely has any magic, Discord can imprison him without even thinking, but when he has power, he can annihilate everything and even Discord can't stop him. To me, that is a good balance at least. 

Nightmare Moon should also have an honourable mention as we're not quite sure quite how strong she is. Definately more powerful than Celestia in a one on one it would seem.

I can agree. in the Alternate time-line, she managed to banish Celestia to the moon. Something that Celestia needed the Elements of harmony to do. (or at least a weaker version of the attack seeing how only Celestia could not finish her off by herself)

Can we agree that Starlight is one of the most powerful characters in the series?

I would put her at equal level to StarSwirl but not the strongest.

Rarity is pretty powerful I think=)=)=)

Rarity indeed has some interesting magical ability. she's more dexterous in her magic than Twilight, able to levitate multiple objects at once individually doing something different without braking a sweat. along with her infusion spell and craft spell, a standard laser spell, her way around a sabre, sweet lips of a devil, and a hefty kick, she can definitely defend herself. Edited by ndogmario
  • Brohoof 1

LONG AGO ON A DISTANT FORUM …

XxXSTaRliGhtGliMMEr04XxX: So I went against safe lane Tirek and I like totes rekt him early game with the Best Waifu. Then he started roaming with Le Balanced Cape of Invis and my noob team began feeding him magic. He got fed and rekt us 1v7 at Tree three times lol. His ultimate form is literally cancer.

Princess Banana: Tirek got Celestia’d L2P nooblord.

XxXSTaRliGhtGliMMEr04XxX: WTF he only got -1 armor you tw** F U

Princess Luna149…581: Tirek is super weak early. Just gank him and you’ll be fine.

Princess Luna149…033: Tirek needs a buff. Larson pls!

Princess Luna135…146: This forum is dog feces.

Button’s Mom: You can always go six mane and push towers.

Sunset Dream: reported

Button’s Mom: WTF u stupid shit

Fallout Pony: Play Discord, faceroll keyboard, profit.

Princess Banana: Lol Discord is shit tier. He can’t do anything after early game.

USmoozeUlose: 2K mmr is strong here ;)

• Brohoof 1

I think Discord is more powerful than any single pony in the series. I also believe Twilight, being essentially magic incarnate, has limitless potential. However, Discord is the sole owner of his powers, while Twilight's power relies greatly on her friends. In my headcanon, Celestia rules the sun, Luna the moon, and Twilight the stars, represented by all the ponies in Equestria.

Individually it's Discord. He was able to stand against two alicorn princesses by himself and emerge victorious. (though given a unicorn can just match that type of power because 'reasons' may not make it that impressive)  The only reason he lost to Luna and Celestia is because they call upon a higher power. (I don't consider the Elements or the Tree of Harmony to be characters).

Tirek is technically stronger but that's only because he absorbed other persons magic and needed help doing so. By himself he's rather weak. Same with Chrysalis as she needed to be feeding off of Shining's love in order for her to be as strong as she was. 

• 4 years later...

Discord is the most powerful, although it seems he can't really psychically heart someone to much just by his magic. He is kinda to much OP sometimes that it makes writing him very hard.

Tirek at his final form is the strongest in combat magic.

Out of the main characters I would say twilight with starlight while starswirl, luna and celestia seems less skillful but in their magical powers are stronger. probably

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've thought about this and given what we were shown in the finale, I've concluded that Discord is currently the most powerful, but Grogar at full strength is probably stronger than he is. In the finale, the Harmony Beam was able to depower the villains of the original Grogar's magic, but there was one important detail we overlooked. 

The harmony beam wasn't able to destroy Grogar's bell or free the magic from within it. It continued to function after being hit with the Harmony Beam. If we're to assume that Grogar made it, he must have incredibly powerful magic to make something that withstands the show's Deus ex machina.   

• Brohoof 1

On 1/16/2020 at 9:37 PM, Rushing cash said:

Discord is the most powerful, although it seems he can't really psychically heart someone to much just by his magic. He is kinda to much OP sometimes that it makes writing him very hard.

True, now that you mention it, I can't really remember him ever using combat magic against someone; he usually only seems to manipulate/transform everything around him. 

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, JH24 said:

True, now that you mention it, I can't really remember him ever using combat magic against someone; he usually only seems to manipulate/transform everything around him. 

Even Cadance can block his spells and Twilight as an Unicorn blocked his force pull.

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 5:04 AM, Kadeda said:

Even Cadance can block his spells and Twilight as an Unicorn blocked his force pull.

Honestly they need to properly explain/explore the limits of Discord's power.
Like what it can't do or how it can be beaten/countered(at least so he won't break the story into two with a literal snap of his fingers) without outright nullifying it with a anti-magic thing(like Chrysalis's throne) or the EoH.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2020 at 11:04 AM, Kadeda said:

You're right, but there seem to be few limits to Discord's chaos magic outside of magical artifacts or specialized spells. (Discord "eating" the pages with a reform spell) How do you counter someone who can remove your magic if he wants to? (Like removing Twilight's horn in Return of Harmony)

Edited by JH24

• 11 months later...
On 12/31/2015 at 6:23 PM, Drunkfrank said:

" Twilight hasn't even tapped into her true potential" 

This does require a bit of speculation and reading between the lines sadly, but I think with that, we have enough to get an idea of how powerful people are.

The Starlight sayers kinda irks me, she went back in time at most 20 years. Starswirl went forward 1000 according to the journal of the two sisters... as he seems to know about Twilight.

well in season 9 King sombra also retake back the crystal empire on his own and also destroyed the tree of harmony and got killed off twice and in season 3 Sombra made a entire freaking empire vanish in thin air and I say Discord Twilight sombra are all powerful at magic (sombra is powerful at dark magic ) and pinkie pie can break the fourth wall150-1508738_king-sombra-stay-vector-by-l44cfa2fe4bf345426e1541fa02475bf6.png156-1567061_pony-twilight-sparkle-wingedflat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg4f51e85f14ef31a85b4c7b2380d72ce1.pnge22293e0069096787837b5b4318bf83c.pnga69d29c25adcdda79e2fffb9f8dcce14.png