Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which planet or moon would you try to survive in?

cider float

Let's say you were given a suit that gives you protection from the environment and gives you unlimited oxygen. The suit comes with a special pressurized tube that allows you to suck in water or other food you find without need to remove the entire helmet to get to the food. Which planet or moon on the solar system would you'd rather try to survive in?

Edited by cider float

Earth. It's hard to survive even when you've got food, water and oxygen.

Also I don't think anyone would survive for long on another planet in are solar system without bring food and water with them as no other planet as them.

If I had to choose, I'd go with either Mars or Titan, primarily because they both have really cool names. :P Though, from what I've read, Titan's atmosphere is similar to that of Earth's (at least relative to the other planets of our system), so, chances for survival there might be a tad bit higher than the other planets'.

Or maybe just our Moon. It's close, so, I can call someone if I need something fetched. :derp:

If it allowes me to synthesize food or water through raw, inorganic materials found through rocks, ice or dirt it'd make sense because i doubt you'd find water and food in the same form your body requires it.

Honestly, this is kind of ambiguous. Basically, your survival needs depend on your suit's condition. When the suit has worn itself out (and it will eventually - no equipment lasts forever) - you will die, in ways depending on whatever suit module fails first.

However, if you suggest that maintaining the suit can be as simple as banging two rocks together i'd probably go with mars. I was always fascinated by our red neighbor. 

Europa would be cool. Especially if it actually had an ocean beneath the surface. I could start a colony!

Io would also be cool. Though I probably wouldn't last long on the surface because of the numerous volcanoes and sulfur-enriched atmosphere...

At the moment on Mars, but when I was a kid I was wondering how life could look on the Ring of Saturn :)

Wouldn't be very fun to be stuck on the Rings of Saturn. Would just be jumping from rock to rock ... Just sayin..

Wouldn't be very fun to be stuck on the Rings of Saturn. Would just be jumping from rock to rock ... Just sayin..

I know, but then I was a kid  and I thought it's a flat ground not a rocks :)

I know this might not be ideal and the gravity of it would likely pull me into the planet, but Jupiter. There would be no surviving on the planet since it has no solid surface to speak of, but it would be amazing to witness that behemoth up close. 

I would still stay on earth if given the chance.

Survival long term would becoming either incredibly boring after a while with no communication with anyone ever, or it would be just to much to live on a planet without food or water.

I'd either wanna live on the moon (so I'd still have a good view of my home planet), or that new planet scientists say they may have recently discovered. Or Pluto. I will ALWAYS consider Pluto to be a planet. Foreeever!

• Brohoof 1

In our solar system? Mars. But I'd prefer to live on a planet with a longer lifespan than Earth or Mars, which'd be somewhere else in the universe.

I will ALWAYS consider Pluto to be a planet. Foreeever!

Stop, it's not a planet.

Probably Mars. Anything closer to the sun would be too freaking hot and there's nothing that can be done about it. The moon isn't exactly the most interesting of landscapes, Jupiter might not have a surface and Uranus is just too far away in case an emergency happens and I need supplies from an external source. So by process of elimination, Mars it is.

In our solar system? Mars. But I'd prefer to live on a planet with a longer lifespan than Earth or Mars, which'd be somewhere else in the universe.

Stop, it's not a planet.

It may not technically be a planet, but I'm gonna let it keep it's label. It's kinda mean to strip it away from the poor little thing. *hugs Pluto*

It would be very fun to live on Deimos or Phobos. You can jump very high because they have very low gravity. Their gravity is so weak that its own gravity can't even form itself into a sphere. At least, that's a far as I know how it works.

Actually, Earth can be hard for surviving. You know. all that dangerous venomous flora and fauna which wants to kill you. XD

But beside jokes, to try to survive on Mars or Moon would be great challenge for my engineering skills and base of common knowledge.

Edited by Crypty

• 3 years later...

I wouldn't want to live on any other planet besides Earth. I'd miss the green grass and the blue sky and, life here really.