Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you like the smell of?

LMW-YBC

Bonfire night, the ocean, cut grass, your pants... you know, all the standard stuff.

Because smell and taste are so related, it's pretty much guaranteed that any food I like the taste of I'll also like the smell of. Bacon deserves a special mention though. So does fish & chips.

Also I concur with about Subway. (I'm assuming she meant the sandwich chain, and not the dank urine-soaked tunnels underneath the city streets.)

Subway smells really good. I'd put Subway on my list of top smells of deliciousness.  :pinkie:

For me, it's fresh cookies out of the oven! :wub: That smell is the kind of smell that lifts me off the ground, makes my legs flap like propellers, and draws me towards the thing that the smell is coming from. x3

• Brohoof 1

I like the smell of ink, newly washed laundry, my girlfriend, nail polish, gasoline, the smell when you walk through the forest.. Newly baked goods, seaweed and the smell of wet asphalt after a rainy summer day. I like a LOT of smells. 

Edited by darkwingmare
  • Brohoof 1

Ozone and other VOCs that occur after a rainstorm

My armpits smell EXACTLY like celery in the morning if i showr at night and don't use deodorant before bed. It's actually not unpleasant

Gasoline in small quantities has that certain "dafuq" factor that makes it not unpleasant

I despise my deceased grandmother's perfume. Smells like lilacs or something, AKA smells like old people.

I have weird ideas of what makes a not-unpleasant smell lol. Hay is a nice one, or campfire (except in excessive quantites, like when youre by one all day and then wear the same coat the next day)

Bacon.

The smell of meat is probably my favorite smell just cause the fact that it makes me want to eat it, but because I can also tell what meat it is normally just from smelling it without having to look at it.

• 2 years later...

There is an Italian place next town over that has the best smells. Even across the street you can smell almost everything they're cooking <3

I also really love the smell of coffee.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Retro*Derpy said:

I also really love the smell of coffee.

Me too. I used to wake up to that smell every morning when I stayed overnight at my grandparents' house. Gotta love them "smell memories!"

Some other scents I love:

1. rain on cement

2. old wood

3. books (the mustier, the better)

4. coconut oil

5. fresh snow

6. vanilla 

7. certain types of plastic

8. autumn leaves

9. fast food restaurants like McDonald's, Burger King, Subway, et cetera 

10. freshly cleaned sheets

11. the deli section of grocery stores

12. pine trees

• Brohoof 1

I like the smell of pine-sol and idk.....brand new shoes I guess? 

idk why but I just do,it sounds a lil bit weird...but hey? everybody is weird  in their own way  lol

I LOVE the smell of "sugar cookie" scented candles!  I also enjoy lavender, vanilla, sweet pea, chocolate cookies fresh out of the oven, horses, and citrus. :proud: 

• Brohoof 1

Chocolate, petrichor (the smell after it's rained), new tennis balls, fresh fish and chips, vanilla, lavender, the seaside. I'm sure there are lots more but those are the ones I can remember liking off the top of my head.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Lemongrass, Chocolate,  cooked meat,  fresh air, candy, clean airports, a library or book store.  Ameriacn food, Indian food, Chinese food, Japanese food , Thailand food....basically any international food that I've had before.

Edited by maris99

The scent of rain is honestly so calming that I can't explain it properly - especially the special kind of gentle rain on a warm summer evening. Christmas candles and Christmas trees (or candles and trees in general but especially the Christmas ones), pizza, freshly washed textiles like towels, sheets and clothes also have such a pleasant scent. I obviously like the scent of many kinds of flowers as well.

Gasoline. And considering that some smells bring back so many good memories, anything that could give me a sense of nostalgia would feel great.