Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you like the smell of?

LMW-YBC

There's a few things:

• Rain - I've always loved the smell of rain in progress and the aftermath of raining. It's just so... serene...
  • Saltwater- Saltwater has such a majestic smell and pleasing smell!
  • Electric wires - Totallynotfanaticalaboutelectricity.
  • Machine oil - Say what you want about machines and their oil, but I like the smell of large and heavy machines working tirelessly to build new things.
  • Sizzling meat - I just love the smell and sound of meat sizzling in the frying pan!

I like the smell of grease from trains. I don't know why, but it just smells absolutely amazing to me. <3 I also like the smell of new things too. Like, you know when you buy something brand new like a book or a stuffed animal? >w< It's such a fresh smell. <3

I like the smell of fresh paint more then anything but I also like the smell of baked goods and foods. Oh and the smell of fire smoke since I burn a lot of my baked foods heheh.
A few more include Aftershave, Caramel and Love (What? You can't smell love? Well aren't you strange)

I really like gourmand scents, really anything that brings sugar or baked goods to mind ;) Cake/cupcake smells I love with a passion. I remember having these two bath sets; both of them that I got at Christmastime. The first set was comprised of 4 dessert-themed body washes: Pink frosting, coconut cream, cherry, and lavender chamomile. The second had body washes/lotions that smelled like gingerbread and candy canes. I will also go for ANYTHING cotton candy scented (Pink Sugar, for example).

Other than that, I like the scent of Dawn laundry detergent (reminds me of teddy bears :3 ), burnt sugar (my dad loves to make créme brûlée), and crayons/Sharpies/pencils/paper (Don't ask...)

Oh man. I don't want to lie but I have a certain fetish with a particular smell, but I won't say because I respect the rules here. Guess I won't say that one lol.

BUT, I do love the smell of cowhide leather. I wear a leather jacket a lot so I can smell it. Sometimes I even sniff my sleeves.

Chocolate. My mother's insane vegan friend once said that she had read, somewhere (god knows where...) that the scent of chocolate is good for the immune system.

She seemed to believe that the reason for this is that the smell of chocolate gives one the will to live in order to eat the chocolate. "I smell chocolate, so I must live in order to eat it." Which is frankly bizarre. But I do enjoy the smell of chocolate regardless.

Rather more esoteric, parrot's breath is sweet-smelling too; rather like honey.

Coffee, My CRT TV when it is on (It's kinda this odd staticy smell), Flowers, Bacon, tea, Freshly washed clothes, the local meadow and freshly opened mail.

[EDIT] And Weetabix (and because I live close-ish to Burton Latimer when ever it rains there is always a smell of Weetabix in the air)

Edited by EddG

my favorite smell is the smell of frost, ice, and cold winds.... even cold winds from an A/C vent..... though I hate it when dust gets in my nose

weird things I might as well mention

-gasoline

-shoe polish

-ink

-poison

-chlorine

-Rubbing Vapor