Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Longest play session of a SINGLE game!

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

When I was really young (okay, like 11), I played Poptropica non-stop for twenty hours. Yeah, it kinda... kinda sucked after a while...

I think my longest session was on Star Control 2, doing a completionist run. Which meant I had to mine every single resource in the game, defeat every lifeform in the game, and contact every alien race in the game.. There are literally hundreds of star systems. As you can imagine, it took for-freaking-ever... about forty hours...

Edited by Meson Bolt

One time, my brother and I played Super Smash Bros. Brawl for 12 hours straight, starting from 3pm to about 3am. We didn't do that much other than play constant rounds with each other, haha.

Doing the Doc Quarterfield task force in City of Heroes. It was an artifact of the game's early design when the developers expected task forces to be a supergroup-oriented thing that would span several days, before the game solidified into a random teammate heaven. As a result, this late-game string of missions averaged about six to eight hours to complete.

Most people did it just for the bragging rights.

I played Final Fantasy XII for almost an entire day. It was spent level grinding and weapon grinding for my final showdown against Yiazmat, which took me almost four hours :P I played Dragon Quest 8 for almost an entire day too. Not sure how long it was. At minimum 10 hours.

I think one time I played GTA V for 10 hours in one day but it mightn't have been in one sitting. Another instance is me playing Skate It for 6 hours straight to beat the campaign with no breaks when I was 10-ish.

Admittedly, I had help with mine, but you'll love this...

On the original XBOX, my wife and I would regularly tag-team the damn system, one of us playing while the other one slept or worked, then switching out without turning it off.  A single press of the Power button would last us anywhere from two days to a whole week... twice.

And what, you might ask, was the game we took turns beating the ever-loving hell out of our system with?

Morrowind.

• Brohoof 1

CASUALS!

My absolute longest is when I played Final Fantasy XI for 36.5 hours after a 13.5 hour shift at work. I wish I could do those kinds of game sessions, but in my old age of 30, I just can't find the enthusiasm to dive into a game for that long anymore.

After you've been playing for that long, you stop being tired completely. Food has absolutely no taste. I could have kept playing, but I wanted to get in 12 hours of sleep before work the next day. I don't know if it was the same incident, because there were several times where I'd play for 24+ hours, but I remember once sleeping for like 18 hours, seeing 6:00'ish on the clock, and having absolutely no clue if it meant AM or PM.

• Brohoof 1

Back in the good times, when I played Warhammer Online, I used to play 4 hours per day. Once my guild beefed up enough to try the endgame instanced Dungeons, my personal record was set at 10 hours straight. I was leading groups into the Tomb of the Vulture King, and we there were a few times when we were trying to beat it from 18 PM up to 4 AM! Later we learned to spread the raid over a few days, beating forst 2 bosses on Thurstay, 3-5/6 on Friday, and going as far as we can on Saturday. We never beat the end boss though...

Most would probably be no more than 8 hours or so for me; I spend a stupid amount of time gaming every day but I have such a crap attention span I struggle to stick with one game for more than a few hours  :D

It'll either be one of two games. Mass Effect 3 when it came out, because I played for around 19 hours or so in one sitting. I know that's horrible but Im a pretty big fan of ME. The second game is Halo 3 where I think I played for about 17 hours, though It could have been longer.

FIFA 16, 24 hours straight about 2 or 3 months ago with a few friends. Needless to say I regretted it immediately afterwards XD

But it was awesome! I may do it again in the future on another game..

Perhaps some of us could do something like this.. A charity 24 hour stream with MLP Forums members at some point? For cancer research or a worthy cause.. Just a suggestion ^^'

I'm not sure what you consider a session, but my longest has been 5 days, playing maplestory.  This was way back in... 2008 I think.  I was grinding Yellow Block Golems from 35-60 at the time.  All I know after the grind was I was out cold for a day and a half.

Whenever I get a new Pokemon game, I usually play it all day. I think the one I played for the longest, though, was Platinum; it was my first ever Pokemon game and I became hooked before I'd even fought my first battle! I think I played for at least seven hours straight, if not longer.

I think I played through all of Shogo Mobile Armor Division in 8 hours straight. Same for the first Portal game, though I did that one in just 2 hours on second play. Some games are painfully easy after you've beat them once.  :fluttershy:

• 3 weeks later...

I think my longest playtime would be either Pokemon Silver or Turok: Dinosaur Hunter. I'm fairly certain I've played both of those games from the moment I got up until the moment I went back to bed on occasion. The longest uninterrupted session would probably be around eight or so hours.

I usually have trouble playing games for "really" long periods of time, yet I won't deny that there have been moments that I have played ROBLOX for hours on end, for a good chunk of the day, especially on weekends on summer vacation, so there's that :P

Well I played Rocket League for ten hours straight somewhat recently. I don't know if it's my longest ever (I had some pretty long sessions back in the day), but it's the longest one I can actually remember. :)

After remembering that the main character didn't get any breaks in the game, I played Half Life 2 in one sitting. If I'm remembering it right, that was about 18 hours. I'm planning on doing it again, but with Episode 1 and Episode 2. I've heard they take about 6 hours each. So that'll be about 30 hours in total.

I used to binge play games in my preteens, whenever I got a game, I started it up in the morning and played it until I was too tired to play any further. Nowadays whenever I got a new game, my mom still asks me if I've already finished the game whenever I show up for a little break... :lie:

I played the original Perfect World Malaysian English for about 12 hours straight when it launched. It was the only English version of the game at the time and was very hyped up. I quit when my guild had drama though.

I kind of routinely play Grand Chase M for 12 hours on the emulator on my PC.

12 seems to be my limit.