Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Create your own weapon x3

ChikaChan

(edited)

So,what weapon would you like to create? ^^;;;; it can be a rifle that shoots out mini rockets instead of bullets,or a energy cannon that shoots out rainbow beams too x3 (I got the idea from Borderland 2) >.>

Edited by Princess-Moonlight
  • Brohoof 4

I thought up a superweapon for an RP on this site - a spell that uses ambient magic to re-cast itself, creating a chain reaction. Although not inherently a weapon, my first thought was to make it an incendiary spell.

As for real weapons... laser weaponry will probably be quite nifty, as it should lack recoil. I do recall a German company demonstrating a laser shooting down a fast-moving drone, though, so it does sort of already exist as a weapon.

• Brohoof 2

Guns that shoot salty bullets

Or a sword coated with salt

(edited)

This is a sword I made for the main character in my RPG, though it would also be my personal choice of weapon:

post-30029-0-69161600-1457399201.png

シャープ月 [shapu Tsuki] (Also named "Luna II")

This translates to "sharp moon", as the blade itself is very sharp, and can harness the power of the roman god Luna, and the moon itself.

Edited by Alpha Hedge
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not sure if it's possible, but if a massively powerful speaker system could be created in a way that the sound could aimed at a much more limited and narrow angle, it could be used as a disruption device.  It's probably not possible since sound waves spread out widely.  But it's cool to think about.

~ Miles

Something I like to call "Surge Gauntlets".

With each strike, the gauntlets grow in power, until it hits a critical threshold.  At that threshold, two things can happen;

1. The next hit given adds the accumulated power stored in the gauntlets to the next strike.
  2. The next hit received is countered by a surge of power released by the gauntlets, deflecting the blow.

Probably a death star or something with an equivalent amount of destructive capability. I would never use it, but the threat  alone would give anyone who controlled it unlimited power.

• 7 months later...

Shields count as weapons. To quote: Which is the better weapon? The sharp one in your hand your enemy expects, or the blunt one that they don't?

Have this real good mental image, but I can't ever get the shape right when I sketch it out.

Two twin, interlocking shields. General shape of each shield is a sort of a tapered, downward triangle coming to a point, and together a shape somewhat like the carved, faceted diamond you see for the rankings of motels & whatnot. Basically, two Isosceles triangles that come together to make a Kite shape. From the sides & at rest they look like their wielder is enclosed in a set of parenthesis. Color I'm not settled on, but perhaps a golden-bronze metal trim. Wider towards the top, but they bend further back then the rest of the shields, so that when held out to the sides & not in use they curve over the shoulders of your typical humanoid. About halfway down to two-thirds of the way down, the shields are welded to a pair of gauntlets/bracers that fit firmly around the hands, this way neither of them can be disarmed without...well, disarming. Past the point where the gauntlets form, at about the knuckles the rest of the pointed ends of the shields retract inside past the gauntlets leaving the shields to look more like finned arm-guards. While still dull, the pointed ends still are sharp enough to be driven into the ground and the shields used as temporary cover. The shields interlock together via pegged teeth on the inner ridge (forward facing when arms are at rest) these teeth attach together firmly enough for both shields to act as one when its wielder forms a sort of inner flex (I dunno, I ain't got experience flexing). When these edges are brought together fast enough, can catch & break most swords or at least disarm most heavier weaponry & seriously bruise any trapped limbs.

When held in the forward flex position, and due to their curved front & perhaps with some rather heavy back armor equipped too, the wielder can do a fast forward somersault & turn into essentially an unstoppable bowling ball. Or a metal human hamster-wheel, depending on your humor. Though this does have the downside as to not knowing where your charging at after the initial leap, not to mention intense dizziness that will likely leave you open to attack if you don't flatten whatever you aimed at.

Does strike me that something like this would be in some sort of video or RPG game, but I have yet to find any example of twin shields anywhere. If this does remind you of something, don't hesitate to shoot me a message on my profile!

I'm not sure if it's possible, but if a massively powerful speaker system could be created in a way that the sound could aimed at a much more limited and narrow angle, it could be used as a disruption device.  It's probably not possible since sound waves spread out widely.  But it's cool to think about.

~ Miles

Actually, you may be excited to know, but this really does exist! Not only that, but it's being used practically! People often install "sound cannons" to ships in order to repel pirates or use them as a non-lethal riot control weapon, and it doubles as an extreme bullhorn to communicate at long ranges as well. it's called the LRAD, which stands for "Long Range Acoustic Device"