Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food Do you drink tap water?

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

I do indeed drink water from the tap. Though, it is a very picky process. It all depends on where I am, and how the water smells. I know it sounds strange, but if I catch a hint of sulfur in the scent of the water I won't drink it. The reason for this being, it is usually accompanied by a particularly foul taste to my tongue. Its somewhat strange, as the water in different towns around me each have unique flavors to the tap. One of which is, you guessed it, sulfur. The water at my work, however, is by far the strangest. Every time I drink from the tap at work, a hint of a garlic flavor comes with it. It's very peculiar, but not bothersome to my tongue so I still drink it.

I wouldn't drink tap water on its own, unless if I was really desperate. If I wanted water on its own (Which is rare) I'd just buy a bottle.

I do drink tap water however when mixed with squash  :pinkie:

EDIT: Now that I think about it theres nothing really wrong with the tap water where I live (South Wales btw) , I guess I should really drink more of it rather than going out to buy bottled water.

Edited by Vennax
  • Brohoof 1

Sort of. I got a water cooler a couple years back, and I usually don't drink from the tap for some reason. Outside of my home, I do drink from the tap. I feel really bad for the people in Flint right now. I've also heard that 18 cities in Pennsylvania have higher lead exposure than Flint, including Pittsburgh where I used to live pretty close to. http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/02/04/report-18-cities-in-pennsylvania-with-higher-lead-exposure-than-flint/

• Brohoof 1

I do not drink tap water. And though this is completely anecdotal, I am not fond of the taste of tap water in my area. Also, with the toxic river sludge in Colorado and the lead incident in Flint, I figure it is probably for the best not to take a lot of risks.

Tap water here is kind of hard and calcareous so drinking it is questionable in my opinion. Most of my tap gets filtered through the fridge filter which often needs costly replacements.

many cities publish their water quality data.  
as a plumbing engineer, I've checked out the data for my city.  it is quite good, and I've been drinking tap water for years, so there is no reason to buy water.  I drink several 1 liter nalgene bottles of water each day, so buying that much water would be pretty annoying.  

If you want to see what a water quality report looks like, check this out: clicky

It outlines the sources, procedures, and contaminant levels.  

Yes, I drink tap water. I didn't know this was even an issue in industrialized nations. But then, I live in a country with one of the best municipal water systems.

My tap water is clean and spotless. The only time i dont drink is if something weird comes out of it, like if it turns brown or something. But usually yes :grin2:

I drink tap water cuz I've always done it. My family prefers filtered water nowadays, but I just don't like the taste of it.

It's interesting how different places have different flavors in their tap water. And then if you live in a place long enough you get used to it. :P

I drink water nowadays but if I get given water from the tap I'll drink a bit of it and throw the rest of it down the sink, it just doesn't taste as good as bottled water.

• 3 weeks later...

I drink from the tap wherever it is safe to do so. In Sweden, for example, we've got fairly clean and safe water to drink. I've always been drinking my water from the tap unless I've been outside somewhere where I couldn't reach one... Otherwise, I always fill a bottle with tap water and bring it with me on my trips! Always useful. Out where I live, it's actually very nice water. It's as cold as it can get straight from the tap during the colder seasons, like now. The best water ever!

In Australia however, I preferred to buy water. However, I sweated liters days on end and had to drink water ALL the time. So I couldn't afford buying it each time... The hostel water was quite disgusting, especially in Sydney. I had to bare it anyhow, so yep! It still worked out just fine for me to drink tap water, even there.

Tap water for me, all the way.

Edited by darkwingmare

New Zealand has extremely clean tap water, not to mention that the house I live in came with a secondary kitchen tap with a shitton of extra filters in it. So my tap water is clean as all hell  :P

The water where I live is well water, but it's extremely clear and clean all the time. It tastes better than bottled water, and we've never had any issues with it, so we even drink it from the garden hose(after running all the hot spider infested water that was sitting in there for a while out! XD). In the city, however, the water is all treated and tastes like a bunch of chemicals. I'd probably buy bottled water if I had to live there.