Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is the most violent video game you've ever played.

While Doom 2016 is probably the goriest game I've played, I think Manhunt is actually more violent, if only because it depicts more 'mundane' violence that could conceivably happen in the real world. While chainsawing a demon in half or punching one so hard its head flies off is undeniably violent and awesome, it's just not as gruesome as choking someone to their knees with a baseball bat and then caving their skull in with a single blow.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

I dunno but I played Grand Theft Auto at a friend's house a couple years back and going by the language in it and considering I'm not a gamer and hardly if ever play video games...it was the most violent I've played. And I didn't like it. :sealed:

On 4/14/2019 at 2:16 PM, KatonRyu said:

While Doom 2016 is probably the goriest game I've played, I think Manhunt is actually more violent, if only because it depicts more 'mundane' violence that could conceivably happen in the real world. 

On 9/1/2019 at 8:18 AM, Prometheus said:

Manhunt 2 probably takes the cake. As violent as the game is, it still has a great story and great gameplay, graphically it's aged pretty well too. Think it was banned in my country for a while. :dash: 

On 9/2/2019 at 7:12 AM, Pentium100 said:

I'd say Manhunt. Though Postal 2 is also up there (though it is possible to play it peacefully, usually nobody does).

Yes, Manhunt fans. I agree with this for the reasons given.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Call of Duty: World at War. It’s a game that doesn’t pull its punches. You could shoot people’s limbs off and watch them scream in pain as they die of shock. It showed offensive imagery like the swastika and the rising sun flag. It even showed real life footage of war crimes being committed by Japanese soldiers during the Second Sino-Japanese War. :sealed:

• Brohoof 1

23 minutes ago, Flutterstep said:

Call of Duty: World at War. It’s a game that doesn’t pull its punches. You could shoot people’s limbs off and watch them scream in pain as they die of shock. It showed offensive imagery like the swastika and the rising sun flag. It even showed real life footage of war crimes being committed by Japanese soldiers during the Second Sino-Japanese War. :sealed:

That's what makes the game so powerful and one of the many reasons why it has been my absolute favorite Call of Duty singleplayer experiences of all time.

• Brohoof 2