Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is the most violent video game you've ever played.

(edited)

I've played violent games for far too long to have all the borders blurred between violent and not-enough-violent game. Just then comes a differentiation of a well-done violence and poorly done. ;)

It depends on what you cosider as a legitimate violence.

If realistic killing, then it's whether Max Payne 3 or Hitman: Absolution. Fair to include Cortex Command here, it's rare you can shoot the guys head off to a gazillion of pieces. You gotta see it to understand what I'm saying. :D

If moar blood and gore, it's whether Garry's Mod's Dismemberment Mod or, as stated before, Postal 2. Also, MGS 5. It's enjoyable to kill out there. They die just right. :wub:   (don't look at me like that :dry:). Also, Killing Floor, both. Also, as stated, God of War.

If torture, see The Torture Game 2. It's flash.

I expected more from Hatred. It had that controversy, but ended up just the same as Postal. Meh, totally meh. :unamused:

Edited by S&L
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

Hm, I'd say either Postal 2 or Conker's Bad Fur Day. I think Postal is more violent overall, whereas Conker is just foul.

Edited by Cash_In
  • Brohoof 1

The only M-rated games I've played that have the most violence are the Zero Escape Trilogy and Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies.

The former trilogy had violet death traps and idea of a Deadly Virus leading to mass suicide and near extinction of the world population. The latter come from a series whose usual rating is T. I blame the room of blood early on in the game that got the Game a M-rated instead of the usual T rating the Ace Attorney series is known for.

• Brohoof 1

As in just a lot of freaking killing? Borderlands 2. Though there isn't a ton of gore or anything even if you leave it on, you just kill so many freaking things... I say the second game specifically though due to the extra playthroughs, and certain quotes from certain enemy types...

As in gorey? Never played much of it, but Mortal Kombat X. Luckily, out of all the M Games I've played, I never played anything worse than that. Still ripping people's spines from their body is pretty bad.

• Brohoof 1

Now I have played Assassin's Creed Odyssey (or a lot of it anyway, there's just so much to it, it'll take a while for me to get through it the whole way). However, even still, I turned off the blood. I don't like violent video games, but made an exception for Assassin's Creed since it is historical fiction with gorgeous recreations of historical settings. Just was too hard for me to keep passing it up forever being the history nerd I am.

• Brohoof 1

The Last of Us: most depictions of violence focus on blood and gore, the style, flashiness, and being over the top. This game's more down to earth approach to violence is what makes it more graphic. A simple punch and chokehold are more graphic than any fatality in any MK

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 1

I am posting back here again to say that the Resident Evil 2 remake may very well be the goriest game I have ever played. It is extremely graphic, so much so that I am surprised it didn't at least become a contender for the AO rating.

• Brohoof 1

What about explicit nudity? Different countries have different rating standards. Usually the US is considered the most pro free speech for media. However, the big 3 consoles will not license ESRB Adult rated games. Conan Exiles in US has an M rating and no nudity. But the UK release has nudity and is given an 18 rating by PEGI, which is their top rating. This means that PEGI puts nudity in the same class as violence and it gets published. So in this particular case the UK version is more explicit than the US version. 

Ninja Gaiden, the modern-day remake. That game constantly has you slicing people apart, in contrast to the stuff I usually play where I'm constantly shooting and slicing up mutants and demons. You do get to fight demons and monsters in the game too though, which I honestly always feel more comfortable doing. 

On 2/1/2019 at 8:53 PM, Steve Piranha said:

The Last of Us: most depictions of violence focus on blood and gore, the style, flashiness, and being over the top. This game's more down to earth approach to violence is what makes it more graphic. A simple punch and chokehold are more graphic than any fatality in any MK

Oh, forgot another detail in the Last of Us that makes it more graphic: it’s more close and personal

I’ve never played Mortal Kombat but I have seen how violent it can be. It’s defenitley pretty bad.

• 1 month later...