Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Zombies, Robots or Aliens apocalypse?

cider float

What apocalypse would you rather have?  

29 users have voted

1. 1. What apocalypse would you rather have?

• Zombie Apocalypse
    • Robot Apocalypse
    • Alien Apocalypse

Zombie Apocalypse: A sudden virus epidemic occurs and people start turning into zombies. There are mutations that evolve certain zombies further into more bizarre monstrous forms. The whole world is wracked in the zombie apocalypse, many cities become abandoned and festering with zombies, the government and army are now looking out for their own skin or have failed to help folks.

Robot Apocalypse: Robots that were meant to serve humans now are controlled by the mother computer and now began eliminating humans wherever it could find. Few humans have created resistance groups to try and fight back but are on the failing side. Some humans have chosen to accept robotification which can range from being having their body turned into a cyborg and lose all individuality and be ported under control of the mother computer or their bodies will be used as a fuel source for the robots. Many government have crumbled under the might of the robot revolution. The robots have built their empire of machination to soon take over the rest of humanity, a war they are winning.

Alien Apocalypse: In the alien apocalypse a more technologically and scientifically advanced alien species has arrived and has enslaved or killed humans for at least 5 years now. Nobody knows where the governments and armies have gone, most of them are decimated. The earth is becoming alien colonies. The aliens are attempting to use earth as a colony, resource, entertainment and other matters that will oppress humans. Humans become slaves to mine for resources or for other nefarious reasons such as becoming scientific experiments.

If there was an apocalypse which would you rather be in?

Robot apocalypse, most def. If that ever happened, I'd try and reprogram the robotic AI to do my bidding and use its computational capabilities for research. That or I would totally ally with it and make myself a cool cyborg-creature.

• Brohoof 2

Zombie apocalypse is more survivable. They can't wield weapons, disable defenses, or shut down power grids. Humans will also have the edge in intelligence and will maintain it's resources in the fight. Robots will learn and adapt. They won't be as easy to kill. And aliens will curb stomp us. 

• Brohoof 1

Robot apocalypse, since a world overun by zombies is something I don't want to experience. Robots taking over the world, however, I lean more towards the rise of the machines than reanimated corpses groaning, romaing around.

(edited)

I personally would choose Zombie Apocalypse, and I have my reasons:

• I have a sprinter's build, stamina to match, and have free-climbed sheer cliff faces. This would allow me to potentially flee a bad situation, and against robots and aliens who have ranged weapons, this increases my survivability. My lithe form also lets me easily hide amongst any backdrop in virtually any situation, which means in the event of raiders, I can simply lie in wait to either strike or merely let them pass through without myself being detected.
  • I am a crack shot with virtually any firearm, be it a pistol, scattergun, semi-auto or bolt-action rifle. Robots would likely have advanced bullet-proof armor and aliens are liable to have some form of shield generator, whereas zombies have an exposed skull.
  • I have wilderness survival skills necessary to self-sustain in the wilds for months on end, away from civilization, and more importantly, the zombies.
  • Robots and aliens have higher intelligence than zombies, and can adapt to situations easily and quickly (if not moreso) than humans. Zombies remain in an animalistic, primal state, driven by pure instinct, which is simple and easy to trick and exploit.

Overall, I think that robots would simply be too quick or armored for me to deal with, and aliens could easily track me down, not to mention the fact that foreign disease would also ravage the planet as we have no immunity to it. Zombies would be the best vector for my survival.

Edited by Quill Waver

(edited)

I'd take zombies all the way. It's the only option where I don't have to be made a slave to their diabolical will. Zombies are simpler creatures. They may have bad breath and poor fashion sense, but at least I can do away with them with a simple double-tap to the melon. Even if real weapons were scarce, I could easily make-do with a pipe, gardening tool or a nice Molotov cocktail. 

Robots would have too much control and could be impervious to many weapons. Aliens could have mind control and that would quickly put away any thoughts I might have of turning their little oversized craniums inside-out. 

The percentages are more in my favor in dealing with the walking dead.  :ninja: Send me to Zombieland.

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 1

Robots, and aliens will always be more advanced than humans, so I'd rather survive the zombie apocalypse. Zombies are slow, and kinda idiotic. So long as you know what to do, and what not to do you'll be fine.

I choose zombie apocalypse. Mostly because I feel I'd have the highest chance of survival in a zombie virus outbreak. And when you describe zombies like that, I picture the different kinds of zombies from Left 4 Dead 2, and The Last of Us. When you describe the robots, I picture a Terminator-esque world, in which case we'd all die, because humans aren't actually that smart. When you describe aliens, well there's just no chance.

• Brohoof 1

Considering what I have seen of Robots and Aliens apocolopies and what they look like at the sametime (Mass Effect Reapers) I'm going with zombies. We as a race are just far better off and there are countless examples of this.

Robots. I'd actually be somewhat useful with my technical affinity and glitch/bug finding abilities. I also know a few little tricks with electricity, I feel like this would probably be the best fight for me of the picks.

But yeah, zombies or aliens and I'd probably just end up killing myself. Theres next to 0% chance of survival for someone like myself. I could likely escape for a while to the north, but there's only so long you can hide in the Canadian Shield and even then, what's the point?

(edited)

You know I'm not surprised who the OP is in this doom and gloom topic. I would choose none optimally because people are awesome, A.I. won't be the end of the world, and First Contact will likely be with micro-organisms after we've established colonies on bodies other than Earth.

IF I had to choose, I would choose the zombie apocalypse because it's the one that is the easiest for the world to recover from. Hell according to this article, it wouldn't even be that big of a problem.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18683_7-scientific-reasons-zombie-outbreak-would-fail-quickly.html

On a more personal level, I have my martial arts and related weapon skills to help me fight off the zombies. (Spear would be my preferred weapon. Good reach, easy to fix or make a new one, the blade could be a knife as well. Similar moves to my practiced staff forms.) I mean it would be dangerous but it would also be kind of fun. Zombies don't actively defend themselves, I could tie one to a tree and practice Wing Chun with it. So if one were to occur, I don't think it would be an "apocalypse" as much as people posting their zombie kills on youtube or facebook. More people would be trying to kill zombies than the zombies could actively spread, it would be a riot.  :pinkie:

Here's what I would be doing: 

B) . . . . I'm not close to that good.  :sunny:

Sooooo just to reiterate, killing zombies would be the funnest way to assert humanity's ability to triumph in the face of apparent doom.

"Pffft THAT's supposed to be scary? I climbed Mt. Everest, this is cake." *Uses climbing picks as weapons*

Edited by Steel Accord

Alien no doubt because with the way humans are they would fight and would keep on for as long as they possibly could and with their technology on earth and its been 5 years we would have seen how they use it and see if we could be able to escape and most likely in 5 years a select few would have escaped and would be trying to fight the aliens and get more escapes and with the number of weird people out here some would be prepared before hand for them so there is a possibility that the humans could still survive afterwards. also earth wouldn't be completely messed up during the process if their making colonys that means they are probably keeping it for as long as they could and since they are more advanced than us they could be able to actually help earth a lot and if we would survive then we could then explore space and earth would be safe but if we don't succeed then at least earth could be in good hands better than robots or zombies could treat her

Zombies of course. Not only is it the easiest thing to survive, but it'd be fun to run around killing zombies.

(edited)

I don't really believe that it would possible for zombies to exist so that is an option that I wouldn't pick.

And I think that I wouldn't be alive by the time that humanity finally makes contact with extraterrestrial life forms.

So that leaves Robot apocalypse as the only kind that I could end up being involved in.

Edited by cmarston1

(edited)

I go with aliens because with how powerful humans are they will probably fight back with some serious biological warfare using earth's most powerful viruses and bacteria to thwart aliens good old War of Worlds style, earth's viruses and bacteria are no joke. We'll be able to steal their faster than light travel technology and get a hold of their highly advanced medical science. 

Edited by cider float

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
(edited)

Alien apocalypse. Robot apocalypse had became really stupid because it's all comes down to the argument of slavery and robots are somehow abused by their human masters. Zombie apocalypse is another stupid thing the whole army of doctors and soldiers have struggle with.

Edited by RDDash